Some things of note after this race:
1. It is quite clear that Kipsele is clearly not going to be on the Kenyan Squad meanwhile Kemboi is getting the automatic bye to worlds.
2. Mekhessi is a very legit runner, basically showing that his last two medals were no fluke. It will be interesting that these two will be fighting eachother.
3. Conselus Kipruto who was absent this afternoon could also potentially mix it up with these two.
4. Who will be the other two Kenyan Athletes? Don't think Koech will be one of them.
5. EVAN, WHERE WERE YOU? Tuning up in that event would not have hurt the progress heading into worlds, but rather giving some great race experience.