austintxrunner
NCAA WEST DELAYED 5/24/2013 6:33PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's been storming like crazy here today, and just started up again about an hour ago when the meet was supposed to start. There's no "problem" with the stream or results page.

I don't know how long the delay is for or their plans. I'm not at the stadium, I just live in Austin and know some people running.
kelll
RE: NCAA WEST DELAYED 5/24/2013 6:45PM - in reply to austintxrunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thanks, I was wondering what was up. The schedule wasn't right, the results page was broken, my computer can't run the live feed. Nope, just some storms causing a delay.
austintxrunner
RE: NCAA WEST DELAYED 5/24/2013 7:03PM - in reply to austintxrunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
UPDATE:

My friend that's competing just posted this on Facebook:

"Been sitting in a parked garage since 1pm because the meet has been delayed until further notice."

(1pm because she's a field event athlete, so they didn't even do any of those today either)
J.R.
RE: NCAA WEST DELAYED 5/24/2013 7:34PM - in reply to austintxrunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Right after the start of an invitational in Kansas, there was a tornado alert, and everyone went to the gym for a couple of hours. Then we went back to the track and finished the meet. There was 6 inches of water on the backstretch. I ran the 800 barefoot so it wouldn't get in my shoes.

In California they would have cancelled the meet.
brisket
RE: NCAA WEST DELAYED 5/24/2013 9:38PM - in reply to J.R. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
back running yet?
whatthewhatthewhat
RE: NCAA WEST DELAYED 5/25/2013 7:06PM - in reply to J.R. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

J.R. wrote:

Right after the start of an invitational in Kansas, there was a tornado alert, and everyone went to the gym for a couple of hours. Then we went back to the track and finished the meet. There was 6 inches of water on the backstretch. I ran the 800 barefoot so it wouldn't get in my shoes.

In California they would have cancelled the meet.

Cool story, bro, you're really tough.