Pages: | 1 | 2 |
SPMBLNPF
Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 10:11PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Field includes Makhloufi, Kiprop, Kiplagat, Gebremedhin, Chepsheba, Lomong, Centrowitz, Manzano, Iguider and Willis.

This field includes the top 10 ranked 1500m men in 2012. This is the first time Makhloufi is racing in the U.S., and reportedly his first mile.

LetsRun.com note:Press release is here: http://www.letsrun.com/news/2013/05/2013-bowerman-mile-better-than-the-olympics-incredible-field-set-for-2013-pre-classic/
The Stache
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 3:52PM - in reply to SPMBLNPF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Is this his first race since the Olympics?
SPMBLNPF
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 3:56PM - in reply to The Stache Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No, he ran a 1:43.71 in Stockholm post Olympics.
Face off
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 4:01PM - in reply to SPMBLNPF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
U guys forget to mention Suliman ayanleh , real deal
SPMBLNPF
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 4:10PM - in reply to Face off Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yeah, Bethwell Birgen, 3:31.9 this year, Cheboi, Ndiku and Souleiman should have been mentioned.
coach d
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 4:21PM - in reply to SPMBLNPF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

SPMBLNPF wrote:

This is the first time Makhloufi is racing in the U.S., and reportedly his first mile.


Let's hope that USADA has the means to give him the special attention he so richly derserves. NAIL THE F--KER.
just sayin
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 4:24PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He'll be off the juice at the meet.
just sayin
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 4:29PM - in reply to just sayin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
rumour is they're takin 2 samples from makhloofi

one before the race and one after


unprecedented but WADA is determined to bust him
just sayin
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 4:31PM - in reply to just sayin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
hey just sayin can you desist from posting under my name

just cos i didnt register don make it right

just sayin like
just sayin
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 4:33PM - in reply to just sayin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i know thats sprintgeezer tryin to get back at me -anyhow nevermind


is mahkloofi in the blood passport system or has he evaded the out of competition testing with his houdini antics since london
mahkaveli
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 4:35PM - in reply to The Stache Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
he also ran a 3:32 post-OGs in Zagreb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMfVFbt9BDA


The Stache wrote:

Is this his first race since the Olympics?
SPMBLNPF
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 5:14PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

coach d wrote:


SPMBLNPF wrote:

This is the first time Makhloufi is racing in the U.S., and reportedly his first mile.


Let's hope that USADA has the means to give him the special attention he so richly derserves. NAIL THE F--KER.



Yes, because Makhloufi is so much more likely to be using PEDs than Galen Rupp. Rupp's progression in the mile is just as potentially suspicious to those who scrutinize it objectively.
jjjjjjj
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 5:20PM - in reply to SPMBLNPF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'd like to see Rupp run a fast outdoor mile and go for Alan Webb's record when he's in shape. Maybe a try at Bislett?
coach d
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 5:31PM - in reply to just sayin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

just sayin wrote:

He'll be off the juice at the meet.


They got Gatlin, didn't they?
fly a kite
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 9:39PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
only because Gatlin is a moronic black guy. White guys are too smart to get caught, except Lance and cyclists who are as stupid as the black runners (or russian women).
Trollist
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/22/2013 9:48PM - in reply to SPMBLNPF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

SPMBLNPF wrote:
Rupp's progression in the mile is just as potentially suspicious to those who scrutinize it objectively.


It's actually much more suspicious if you look at it objectively.
SPMBLNPF
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/23/2013 12:03AM - in reply to jjjjjjj Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

jjjjjjj wrote:

I'd like to see Rupp run a fast outdoor mile and go for Alan Webb's record when he's in shape. Maybe a try at Bislett?



Galen Rupp is an extremely talented runner, but he does not have the basic speed to ever run faster than 3:50 for the mile, and all of the preposterous prattling pertaining to his middle distance capacities, whether it be anything under 1:48 or 3:50, reminds one that intelligence is not evenly distributed.
Do you have any notion of the kind of runner that Alan Webb was? Alan had more talent at 5000m and below than Galen Rupp, and at 800m through the mile it is not even close. Alan Webb was a miler, one of the best the U.S. has ever seen and is likely to see in the near future, one of those runners who, admittedly not a championship performer, but one who in a time trial could do what all the fanboys could only dream of, and his mile record is not something Galen is capable of, just as Alan was never going to run 26:48, but Alan could have run 12:50 and 27:10, of that there is little doubt. Of course, now he never will.
erwerwe
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/23/2013 12:08AM - in reply to SPMBLNPF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

SPMBLNPF wrote:


jjjjjjj wrote:

I'd like to see Rupp run a fast outdoor mile and go for Alan Webb's record when he's in shape. Maybe a try at Bislett?



Galen Rupp is an extremely talented runner, but he does not have the basic speed to ever run faster than 3:50 for the mile, and all of the preposterous prattling pertaining to his middle distance capacities, whether it be anything under 1:48 or 3:50, reminds one that intelligence is not evenly distributed.
Do you have any notion of the kind of runner that Alan Webb was? Alan had more talent at 5000m and below than Galen Rupp, and at 800m through the mile it is not even close. Alan Webb was a miler, one of the best the U.S. has ever seen and is likely to see in the near future, one of those runners who, admittedly not a championship performer, but one who in a time trial could do what all the fanboys could only dream of, and his mile record is not something Galen is capable of, just as Alan was never going to run 26:48, but Alan could have run 12:50 and 27:10, of that there is little doubt. Of course, now he never will.


I agree with 99.9% of this but I wonder if maybe Rupp could squeak under 3:50 since his PR was set indoors. But I personally doubt he will ever run faster than his indoor time.
reed
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/23/2013 12:17AM - in reply to SPMBLNPF Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
he very easily could break 3:50. he ran that indoors with little competition. get him outdoors in speed training mode, with a solid field of paces along with other 1500 runners who could actually do the last lap and make it a race.

also, saying webb is more talented than rupp doesn't mean anything. nobody cares how talented some couch potato is if he never gets off the couch and runs.
SPMBLNPF
RE: Makhloufi Running Bowerman Mile at Pre Classic 5/23/2013 12:23AM - in reply to reed Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

reed wrote:

he very easily could break 3:50. he ran that indoors with little competition. get him outdoors in speed training mode, with a solid field of paces along with other 1500 runners who could actually do the last lap and make it a race.

also, saying webb is more talented than rupp doesn't mean anything. nobody cares how talented some couch potato is if he never gets off the couch and runs.



You don't understand at all, and so this is going to be laborious to try to instill any sense into you...but...here goes:
Galen will NEVER break 3:50, and you have no notion at all of how fast that indoor track is, it is so fast that it would be truly stunning if Galen could better that 3:50.92 time outdoors.
As far as the talent comment goes, I did NOT say that Alan was more talented than Galen. I wrote that Alan is more talented than Galen at 5000m and less, and although it is close at 5000m, it is NOT close at 800 through the mile, and your inane offerings regarding the couch mean NOTHING, as Alan has already done what Galen can NEVER do, 1:43 and 3:46, just as Alan was never going to run 26:48.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |