Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
Arcadia3200m
Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 12:36AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That was hard to watch. Webb is a legend and I want him to get back to the top, but he's a noted head case and I don't foresee him sticking around the Schumacher clan too much longer.

Godspeed Alan Webb, may you once again scale the peaks of distance running!
Time to
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 12:46AM - in reply to Arcadia3200m Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How about your boy, German Fernandez? Going to figure out a way to blame his 3.54 on Dave Smith?
stuart 1
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 12:53AM - in reply to Arcadia3200m Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
WAY too much Taco Bell.
webby
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 12:58AM - in reply to Arcadia3200m Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This is not in his head. Some bodies give out earlier than others. He was bald when he broke the HS record. He developed early, peaked early, and stopped being competitive early. I don't look any further than that for answers.
brogan1
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 1:05AM - in reply to webby Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

webby wrote:

This is not in his head. Some bodies give out earlier than others. He was bald when he broke the HS record. He developed early, peaked early, and stopped being competitive early. I don't look any further than that for answers.

I agree with this 100%. But I still get excited when he races. You just never know.
well.
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 1:22AM - in reply to stuart 1 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

stuart 1 wrote:

WAY too much Taco Bell.

That joke was funny the first 500 times, but not anymore.
beyond dead
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 1:27AM - in reply to webby Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Next thing you know the members of the "Waiting for Webb to Roll The Rock Back Gang" are going to propagate lists for Webb with and without hair just so there is another reason for them to drool over him.
Beating a decomposed horse icon here,'
Norweegian
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 4:16AM - in reply to Arcadia3200m Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
webb needs to race himself into shape. He can't pick and choose only the top meets to race in. He's not in 13low shape right now, but he could be if he was racing weekly.
yes i agree
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 8:39AM - in reply to Norweegian Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i agree he needs to be racing at least every other weekend. He should be doing 15's, 3k's, and 5k's at ~3 meets a month. By barely racing having a bad race like this is gonna destroy his confidence, since Jerry will probably only have him run like one more 5k before USATF and no other races. Webb has been out of the game for 5 years, he NEEDS racing experience. One race a month starting in April ain't gonna do it.

Likely he just has heavy legs right now, but that race is gonna hurt his confidence quite a bit which is not good.
fgfg
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 8:47AM - in reply to Arcadia3200m Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
5000 k per in 2005

sad azz mf
fgfg
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 8:48AM - in reply to well. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

well. wrote:

stuart 1 wrote:

WAY too much Taco Bell.

That joke was funny the first 500 times, but not anymore.

same as webb
domestic pro
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 8:52AM - in reply to Arcadia3200m Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
dude would smash it on the bike. he's always looked like a cyclist or triathlete who was trying to get too skinny so that he could run fast. obviously an AR in the mile is massively successful, but why not try his hand at something fresh?
TLW
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 8:56AM - in reply to domestic pro Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You answered your own question. He is not going to try something else because he's been massively successful in running and has the AR.
Drexel
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 8:57AM - in reply to Norweegian Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I wonder if Webb has been taking Propecia since his hair replacement or whatever it is. That stuff can wreak havoc on your manhood in a number of ways. I've taken it in the past and had to quit. Not good for an elite athlete. Not trying to be a jerk. Its a required prescription by some docs who do those procedures if that is indeed what he had done. I think it's banned, but is it possible to get a waiver for something like that? Is he really a 3:37/13:35 runner now? Conjecturing is frowned upon I know, but I try to make sense of his struggles. Like someone else said, regardless of the past 5 years, I still get excited when he races.
Arcadia3200m
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 8:58AM - in reply to yes i agree Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
His legs looked super heavy during the race. He has never been that light on his feet, but it was especially noticeable last night.
rupp-certified saladbar
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 9:22AM - in reply to Arcadia3200m Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Arcadia3200m wrote:

That was hard to watch. Webb is a legend and I want him to get back to the top, but he's a noted head case and I don't foresee him sticking around the Schumacher clan too much longer.

Godspeed Alan Webb, may you once again scale the peaks of distance running!

+1

The sad/funny thing about this post is it could have been written five years ago.
HudsonsSan
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 9:41AM - in reply to rupp-certified saladbar Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I hope he switches to Brad Hudson or Canova... They could whip him into shape realll quick.
Cain is Abel
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 10:48AM - in reply to HudsonsSan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He put way too many steps on his pedometer the week before the race
reality king
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 11:30AM - in reply to Cain is Abel Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why don't we say its just unfortunate and leave it at that? No new coach or system seems capable of changing the reality that Webb's world class career is a few years in the rear. Broken record. Does anyone really see him running 13:15? Please. He's a hall of famer with his mile and range during his peak.
F1216;agpo1216;e
RE: Webb at oxy... Very concerning... I love the guy but what's happening to his career?! 5/18/2013 3:14PM - in reply to webby Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

webby wrote:

Right on Brother, just like me.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |