Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
PreRunner
Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/13/2013 9:26PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Good Luck Alana. Only 16/17 years old, but tough as nails. My guess? 2:37-40 ~ weather could be a factor Sunday?
i am curious
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/13/2013 10:07PM - in reply to PreRunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Good luck to Alana. I say 2:42 at worst, 2:37 if she has a good day.
J.R.
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/13/2013 10:23PM - in reply to i am curious Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What happened to the other thread?

2:45
PreRunner
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/13/2013 10:40PM - in reply to J.R. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For some reason it was deleted? Alana is following in the foot-steps of Cathy Shiro (O'Brien) 2-time Olympic marathoner. (88,92) darn near made a bid for it at ag 16 at the 84 Marathon Trials (2:34) I think that is still a U.S age record. That one will be tough to beat. I've been keeping up with Alana's training. Quite impressive!
I ran out of room for my handl
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/13/2013 10:44PM - in reply to PreRunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
2:34 would be really promising , but id expect a 2:42-2:48
help here
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/14/2013 7:03AM - in reply to PreRunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It certainly would help if you included WHERE she is running.
t-bone sam
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/14/2013 8:41AM - in reply to help here Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
3:00 - big positive split.
Cleveland Indians Fan
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/14/2013 8:50AM - in reply to help here Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Cleveland - expecting temps in the mid 60's on race day so it will be a slower one I would think.
Georgia
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/14/2013 9:24AM - in reply to Cleveland Indians Fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
^This

Findmymarathon.com has it a slow race day. http://findmymarathon.com/weather-detail.php?zname=Cleveland%20Marathon&year=

Humid, 60 degrees at the start with a 10mph wind. Not your ideal day.
dose of reality
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/19/2013 8:21AM - in reply to t-bone sam Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Based on the tracking, it looks like t-bone sam is going to be the winner. Marathon is a different beast than the half.
smartned
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/19/2013 8:30AM - in reply to dose of reality Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Predicted 2:54:07 at the moment per the website.
dose of reality
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/19/2013 8:50AM - in reply to smartned Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Check the split from 13.1mi to 30k. 2:54 ain't happening.
North coast
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/19/2013 9:04AM - in reply to Georgia Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's warmer than 60, that's for sure - our thermometer has it in the high 70's, and we're just a couple of miles away.

Day' s like this are hard enough when you are experienced, let alone a teenager.
CleveGuy
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/19/2013 9:07AM - in reply to PreRunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
She just finished in 2:58'ish -- rough 2nd half. Welcome the the FULL marathon, Alana. Still, an AMAZING effort for someone so young.
Way to fast
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/19/2013 9:11AM - in reply to dose of reality Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

dose of reality wrote:

Check the split from 13.1mi to 30k. 2:54 ain't happening.

Pace at 10k was 6:18/mile
10k to half was 6:24/mile
half to 30k was 7:26 mile

Wonder if she will even finish.
dose of reality
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/19/2013 9:17AM - in reply to Way to fast Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Pre-runner was right in that she is tough as nails. I am shocked she held form so well form 30k to the finish based on the prior split. 1:22/1:36 is a painful way to run 2:58. Great learning experience to be sure, and still an awesome time to be running as a 16 year old girl. I tip my hat to her for going outside the mainstream and following her true passion. I just hope she executes a better race strategy next time.
suburbanxcore
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/19/2013 9:49AM - in reply to dose of reality Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
According to her dad's twitter (@FastMarathoning):

"Completed her debut marathon - @AlanaHadley - despite tripping on a curb just past halfway. Refused to DNF or be pulled from course. #tough"
runnnner
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/19/2013 9:54AM - in reply to suburbanxcore Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Good for alana for finishing. Many better runners than her would have dropped out. Considering her training, I think the girl is on track to run some very fast marathons.
///
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/19/2013 10:11AM - in reply to suburbanxcore Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Alana, if you can hear me, you have now missed your freshman and sophomore years of high school running for a series of results that cannot be meeting your expectations. Go back and become a cross country runner for your last two years. Look at the many elite girls that are blending the high school team experience with training hard and competing nationally. You could be having the same success as Sarah Baxter.
big dose of reality
RE: Predict Alana Hadley's debut Marathon this Sunday 5/19/2013 10:31AM - in reply to dose of reality Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I do not follow Alana or her training, so I don't know why her or her dad decided on this marathon. Even though it is a big goal of hers to become a top marathoner, I think it was a dumb idea to throw her in the deep end(1:22 first half) at such a young age. She is obviously a talented runner, but running a fast marathon is a different league, even with her 10k and half marathon credentials. Physical maturity and the natural toughening from having a few marathons in your legs do wonders even if they are relatively slow marathons. Also, if she or her dad thought she could run sub 2:45 or sub 2:43, why would they not wait until the Olympic Trials qualifying window opened up in a few months. I don't think her race was a total bomb, but her debut marathon could have been planned out much better! Her dad needs to remember that he is dealing with a 16 year old girl and not a late 20s or early 30s woman.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |