Soprano
Employee 1.1
Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/8/2013 4:19AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
https://twitter.com/eSowinski/status/331811225287663616
whatwouldritzdo
RE: Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/8/2013 4:27AM - in reply to Soprano Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Joins the Evil Empire....good news, but sad in a way.
Jobs to go
RE: Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/8/2013 7:55AM - in reply to whatwouldritzdo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

whatwouldritzdo wrote:

Joins the Evil Empire....good news, but sad in a way.

And probably for $15-20k/year. Better than nothing and I am sure flashy bonus schedule, but that is poverty.
John Wesley Harding
RE: Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/8/2013 10:41AM - in reply to Jobs to go Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He works at the local running store too, and he's just a 22 year old kid. Not really a sad state of affairs.
J F C
RE: Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/8/2013 1:31PM - in reply to whatwouldritzdo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well, maybe no one else stood up and made him a better offer. Ya think?
sad news indeed
RE: Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/8/2013 2:12PM - in reply to J F C Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Sowinski to Nike.
I did not know he had a thyroid condition.
badeeboo
RE: Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/8/2013 2:39PM - in reply to Jobs to go Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If they pay for his insurance, travel, etc it'd be pretty good for being a 22 yr old pro runner...but I have no idea what's included in a contract
not impressed
RE: Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/8/2013 4:17PM - in reply to whatwouldritzdo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
you mean the great satan right?
Real World - Portland
RE: Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/8/2013 4:21PM - in reply to badeeboo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Neither, Nor.
nbrowne1
RE: Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/8/2013 8:12PM - in reply to sad news indeed Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thyroid discussion has been addressed. It doesn't need to be mentioned again...

http://www.scienceofrunning.com/2013/04/thyroid-madness-everything-you-need-to.html
Fresh Meat
RE: Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/9/2013 2:21PM - in reply to nbrowne1 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Everyone always starts running better and making huge improvements after their so called "Thyroid" issue. BS
z;
RE: Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/9/2013 3:07PM - in reply to Fresh Meat Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Fresh Meat wrote:

Everyone always starts running better and making huge improvements after their so called "Thyroid" issue. BS

BS
Best deal possible
RE: Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/9/2013 4:16PM - in reply to Jobs to go Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
We should be happy for him , no much money out there for his area of racing , Nike's big enough they can support athletes like Erik.
You wish it was you
RE: Erik Sowinski Signs With Nike 5/9/2013 8:29PM - in reply to Soprano Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The kid is living his dream. Maybe even some of yours. Most people who love what they do don't need much to get by until their priorities start to change. IF he progresses athletically, better pay will come along. As it is, he's earning what he is getting. He's also studying to be a doctor so I don't think he's too worried about money at this young point of his life. When he's rolling in the dough helping people live better lives someday, he won't have any regrets. But I bet many of you still will while you are trying to bring others down. Get a life people.