Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
jmillson23
Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 1:49PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
WOW!!!
Martinez: 1:59.59
Cain 2:01.68
jmillson23
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 1:55PM - in reply to jmillson23 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This girl continues to amaze me, I believe that is a Junior Class record
Yanqui
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 1:57PM - in reply to jmillson23 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This may be her most impressive performance yet, having that kind of speed.
crazy person
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 2:00PM - in reply to Yanqui Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm really starting to believe that she can qualify for worlds in the 800 or 1500 this year. In addition to her talent, she seems to have that end-of-the-race toughness sets her apart from the champions.
jmillson23
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 2:03PM - in reply to crazy person Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I first realized that when she won US indoor nats by closing in sub 60 last 400! Unbelievable
Gchfchf
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 2:27PM - in reply to jmillson23 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I, for one, was slower than that in May of my Junior year... She will however have to go sub 1:59, if she wants to be better than I was at the end of my Junior year.

I'm sure that this is a very big worry of hers...
fgjjjh
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 2:37PM - in reply to jmillson23 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

jmillson23 wrote:

I first realized that when she won US indoor nats by closing in sub 60 last 400! Unbelievable



I dunno, any decent runner should be able to run sub 60 off such a slow pace. Wasn't it like a 5:30 mile or something?

I think Cain is great, but that's the wrong performance to base it on.
Gchfchf
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 2:52PM - in reply to Gchfchf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I was also surprised to see that in only ranks her 4th All Time (HS)

...not for long, I am sure
coach d
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 2:55PM - in reply to Gchfchf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Behind only Goule on the NCAA D1 performance list as of this date.
ship em out
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 2:56PM - in reply to Gchfchf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
These HS girls all stagnate. Even the ones that get close to 2 never do anything in college.
Cain/Mitchell
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 2:56PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Because he could not coach MC and the 50 other girls on the Bronxville squad at the same time. In 2011 Mitchell said Mary Cain would run a sub-2 in high school.
The Animal Within
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 3:02PM - in reply to ship em out Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Y'all know there was a 2:02 run in the California State High School meet a couple years ago right? That was the day after having a trials race and not having pros to chase.

Undeniably an amazing performance but not earth shattering like you all are making it out to be.

I think 2:00-2:05; 4:25-35; 9:40-10:00 should be the range of an elite HS female. Fact is they just all play soccer and quit from burnout from an opressive sports culture.
sayw
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 3:29PM - in reply to The Animal Within Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

The Animal Within wrote:

Y'all know there was a 2:02 run in the California State High School meet a couple years ago right? That was the day after having a trials race and not having pros to chase.

Undeniably an amazing performance but not earth shattering like you all are making it out to be.

I think 2:00-2:05; 4:25-35; 9:40-10:00 should be the range of an elite HS female. Fact is they just all play soccer and quit from burnout from an opressive sports culture.


Ya'll know you're a moron. 2:02 is earth shattering. Then wake the hell up moron. She just went 2:01 early season (for her), and she's not an 800 runner moron. 2:01 this early for a 1500 runner who's a HS jr. Is earth shattering.
J.R.
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 3:29PM - in reply to jmillson23 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

jmillson23 wrote:

WOW!!!
Martinez: 1:59.59
Cain 2:01.68


That's quite a nice run indeed.

I was expecting 2:02 at best, and a continued move to the 1500m and 5k. Her 1500m is ready for a big shakeup. I'm predicting 4:05-6 by the end of the summer.
Montesquieu
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 3:37PM - in reply to Cain/Mitchell Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That was really going out on a limb!

Cain/Mitchell wrote:

Because he could not coach MC and the 50 other girls on the Bronxville squad at the same time. In 2011 Mitchell said Mary Cain would run a sub-2 in high school.
Montesquieu
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 3:38PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why would she leave her high school coach for one of the very best coaches in the world, who will be able to provide her with a wealth of possibilities? I truly hope you are jesting.

bronx zooo. wrote:


uphill run wrote:

Gotta love the AlSal boost in performance. Who loves the juice?!?


Even with the juice it is only 2 sec. faster than she ran 2 years ago anchoring the 4 x 800 relay for Bronxville at the NB Nationals.
She must have had one great HS coach to run that fast 2 years ago! Why would she leave that guy?
yesstiles
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 3:43PM - in reply to Yanqui Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Yanqui wrote:

This may be her most impressive performance yet, having that kind of speed.


Sorry, 4:28 mile and 9:38 2-mile are both superior to a 2:01 800. Still awesome though!
Bamboo Harvester
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 3:52PM - in reply to Montesquieu Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I once had a gelding. One day I said if you could only speak to me I'd understand what you want.
He answered
If I cut your balls off you wouldn't be so keen on talking to me now would you.
TrackCoach
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 3:59PM - in reply to sayw Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

sayw wrote:


The Animal Within wrote:

Y'all know there was a 2:02 run in the California State High School meet a couple years ago right? That was the day after having a trials race and not having pros to chase.

Undeniably an amazing performance but not earth shattering like you all are making it out to be.

I think 2:00-2:05; 4:25-35; 9:40-10:00 should be the range of an elite HS female. Fact is they just all play soccer and quit from burnout from an opressive sports culture.


Ya'll know you're a moron. 2:02 is earth shattering. Then wake the hell up moron. She just went 2:01 early season (for her), and she's not an 800 runner moron. 2:01 this early for a 1500 runner who's a HS jr. Is earth shattering.



Actually, I think she is an 800m runner.
fgjjjh
RE: Mary Cain 2:01.68!!! 5/5/2013 4:00PM - in reply to sayw Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

sayw wrote:



Ya'll know you're a moron. 2:02 is earth shattering. Then wake the hell up moron. She just went 2:01 early season (for her), and she's not an 800 runner moron. 2:01 this early for a 1500 runner who's a HS jr. Is earth shattering.




Umm what? Cain IS an 800m runner. If she wasn't, then she would have won vs Baxter
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |