Pages: | 1 | 2 |
uphill run
Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 12:10PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Re:RUN kicks off in a short while and it'd be great to hear the results as they happen (mostly since I refuse to pay a cent to FloTrack). These fields are looking pretty strong, especially the 800m fields.

Predictions
Men's 800: Lopez pulls the upset
Women's 800: Martinez continues to roll
Men's mile: Levins
Women's mile: Katie Mackey
Capita
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 12:17PM - in reply to uphill run Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I tried watching on flotrack, and these jokers must be broadcasting the wrong channel. All I see is some weird bicycle looking things going around a running track. What gives?
A Duck
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 12:27PM - in reply to uphill run Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
twitter feed
look for one.
suburbanxcore
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 1:01PM - in reply to uphill run Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Twitter results:
800: Solomon wins in 1:45:54. Sowinski and Lomong round out top three.
WMile: Kuijken wins in 4:27. Felnagle 4:28, Mackey 4:30.
hey
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 1:08PM - in reply to suburbanxcore Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
mary cain runs a 2:01.68. while martinez wins in a 1:59.xx
suburbanxcore
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 1:15PM - in reply to hey Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Martinez is having an incredible year. Hopefully she can keep it rolling through the summer.
A Duck
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 1:24PM - in reply to hey Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

hey wrote:

mary cain runs a 2:01.68. while martinez wins in a 1:59.xx

May Cain's time is insane. What a talent. How many boys her age can run that fast???
suburbanxcore
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 1:25PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
From @RunLiao: Paul Robinson jumps the field on the final stretch to win in 4:04. Then McNamara, Solares, Van Der Westheizen. #ReRUN
keepintouch
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 1:26PM - in reply to suburbanxcore Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thank You! Letsrun not working and live results on the
Re-run web not working either. Sucks. This is not that hard guys!
alternative option
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 1:34PM - in reply to keepintouch Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
you could have paid to watch.
Wally Frazier
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 1:37PM - in reply to alternative option Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Because paying for a 4:04 mile seems like a good idea????? Might as well charge admission for middle school track meets.
hey
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 1:39PM - in reply to Wally Frazier Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i just follow it on twitter. it works great and i find results faster than anyone ever posts it on letsrun. there are even pictures too
do not disturb
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 2:14PM - in reply to alternative option Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

alternative option wrote:

you could have paid to watch.

I did pay to watch, but it would still be nice to see official times. We have been in the internet era for 15 years or so. And there were only 4 races so it should not be that hard to post results within an hour or so.
WiT
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 3:38PM - in reply to do not disturb Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hours later we still have no results posted. Glad to see a new meet but in the internet age there is no excuse for not having the meet site updated in a timely manner.
ReRUNDirector
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 3:59PM - in reply to WiT Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thank you guys for chatting about Re:RUN! We were really excited the meet went so smooth. An unfortunate hiccup was taking some time to get the results up online. We had an extremely small management team and were very focused on the audience in attendance. I apologize for the delay in results but they are up and posted now. We will definitely work to make the results more timely next year. Greatly appreciate everyone's feedback and looking forward to hosting it next year!
richard dunn
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 5:29PM - in reply to ReRUNDirector Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
why was the mile SOOOO SLOW???

Brannen, VanD, JMac, Torrence are all guys who do consistently run and should be running 3:55-58.
TLW
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 5:48PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

A Duck wrote:
May Cain's time is insane. What a talent. How many boys her age can run that fast???

My high school team had 100 guys on it and there were only 6 that could run 2:02 or faster.

Amazing time for her.
A Fan
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 5:50PM - in reply to ReRUNDirector Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

ReRUNDirector wrote:

Thank you guys for chatting about Re:RUN! We were really excited the meet went so smooth. An unfortunate hiccup was taking some time to get the results up online. We had an extremely small management team and were very focused on the audience in attendance. I apologize for the delay in results but they are up and posted now. We will definitely work to make the results more timely next year. Greatly appreciate everyone's feedback and looking forward to hosting it next year!

Great job ReRun. Little things are going to wrong at every event especially a new combo track meet/road race like yours. We appreciate the new meet. Good luck in 2014.
fgjjjh
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 5:57PM - in reply to ReRUNDirector Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

ReRUNDirector wrote:

Don't apologize to these people unless they financially supported this event in some way. It's ok to not have everything immediately. What did these complainers do before the internet existed?
wineturtle
RE: Re:RUN San Diego Results & Discussion 5/5/2013 5:58PM - in reply to ReRUNDirector Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

ReRUNDirector wrote:

I'm glad to see a new meet and a format that I think is great. The tie-in with a road parade for the public a group of local class or better competitors leading it out as a race and a meet with a few well chosen events with National Class athletes. This type of short format meet is a perfect tie-in.
I spent a good part of my life being midwife to new ventures.
The key- and it seems you saw it happen today- shit happens
BE ready to deal with dealing with "shit happens".
Micro manage the vision and have excessive redundant redundancies at the operations level. Your vision will always be in a state of flux it's the nature of presenting things to the public--- the need to call a plumber or the utilities company to turn on the power constant.
Again thank you and your group for producing this new venture.
There are any number of talented folks out there willing to give you their time and expertize because they love the sport or because you present them a challenge unique to their skillset and never presented before.
I was on the Tech Committee of the NYRRC in the 1970's one night after a normal 17 hour day one of the members looked around the room and said something akin to-- It's amazing the group of talent Fred gathered working for free lunch and a tee shirt. Brian Jones looked around and added- Nope--- Fred just promised us the tee shirt and the free lunch...

Tom Hyland
Pages: | 1 | 2 |