Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Ben this way
Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 5:24PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If you have a twitter check Jesse Squire's retweet of someone. Quoted Pat Henry as saying "one of the best distance runners in the country decided she didn't want to compete anymore". WTF!!! This girl is so freaking talented. How is this possible? 21 years old and she wiped the floor with Flanagan over 10K!
bangalangadanga
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 5:31PM - in reply to Ben this way Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i really hope this isn't true. she is one of my favorite runners.
someone had to do it
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 5:39PM - in reply to Ben this way Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Just looked it up

the aforementioned tweet may be found here -

https://twitter.com/CAndersonRG/status/309419898063441920

This is very surprising. It seems she deleted her twitter which used to be found here -

https://twitter.com/tosha_rogers

So maybe some truth to this.

More answers from those in the know would be helpful.
Another111
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 5:43PM - in reply to bangalangadanga Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Unfortunately it is true, it happen about a month ago. Apparently the distance coach wanted to force her to ran indoors against her wish. She was coming back from injury and she wanted to train through indoor and comeback for outdoor. When they could not reach an agreement, she decided to quit the team and sport all together.
pac12fan
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 5:45PM - in reply to Ben this way Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Big loss to the sport she was smoking hot she will be missed :(
someone had to do it
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 5:49PM - in reply to Another111 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Her Facebook is here

http://www.facebook.com/natosha.rogers.3

It seems she recently "liked" a spanish immersion program so maybe she has plans to travel abroad.

It is surprising she would decide to quit the sport altogether after a spat with a coach. Maybe quit the team if she hated the coach but quitting running when she did so well at the olympic trials is strange indeed.

There must be some underlying issues and this episode was the last straw

ok I'm done creeping now
a&m cheats
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 6:06PM - in reply to someone had to do it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nasty Natasha was on the juice!
Galactica
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 6:07PM - in reply to someone had to do it Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
She must not care much about running.
If she had problems with her coach she could've transferred to any school in the country. To quit running after winning 2 national championships in track and being 2nd at the Olympic trials seems selfish to me. It seems like she doesn't have a passion for running. How unfortunate.
pat henry's speech impediment
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 6:30PM - in reply to Ben this way Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The Academic Director at any top ranked academic school can override any dufus coach attempting to waste a student-athlete. Of couse we already know that TxA&M is not a top ranked academic institution at all. Pat Henry and his program sucks for not letting Natosha skip indoors. After all you can't win a major medal at indoor T&F or cross country.
my mommy sez
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 6:37PM - in reply to Galactica Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
she's a sr at this point in time. only 5 months to graduation. better to quit a team run by dipshits than ruin your chances for grad school.
Kaleb Kalehopper
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 6:41PM - in reply to pat henry's speech impediment Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Jacob Burcham in a few years.
Surprise!
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 6:43PM - in reply to Ben this way Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ben this way wrote:

If you have a twitter check Jesse Squire's retweet of someone. Quoted Pat Henry as saying "one of the best distance runners in the country decided she didn't want to compete anymore". WTF!!! This girl is so freaking talented. How is this possible? 21 years old and she wiped the floor with Flanagan over 10K!

She wiped the floor with Flanagan over 10k by less than half a second in a slow tactical race. While this doesn't negate her great performance in that race, you are making it sound like she's far and away better than Flanagan which isn't true at all.
my mommy sez
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 6:44PM - in reply to my mommy sez Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
more like 3 months to graduation. my baddy.
Not an aggie
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 6:45PM - in reply to pat henry's speech impediment Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
[quote]pat henry's speech impediment wrote:

Of couse we already know that TxA&M is not a top ranked academic institution at all. [quote]

I'm glad others recognize this. I've lived in CS for 25 years and most aggies think they sh** gold just because they're aggies, and they'll be quick to say they attend one of the top institutions in the nation. It's laughable.
Playboy
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 6:57PM - in reply to Not an aggie Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Texas A&M graduates are the worst.
All the conservative christians go there because UT is in Austin and filled with non religous people or they couldn't get into Rice.
Panda Express
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 7:05PM - in reply to Ben this way Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
http://www.shanghairanking.com/ARWU2012.html be sayin

#35 Texas
#91 Rice
#93 Tx A&M
On the team. Legitimately.
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 7:09PM - in reply to Playboy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nobody may believe me but I am a former runner on the distance squad at A&M and a close friend of Tosha. She was not being forced to run by Coach McRaven. Coach McRaven is too smart to do that to a talent like her. Who is dumb enough to force someone to run when they can barely walk? Tosha had mono and red-shirted cross. During a training run she tripped and banged her knee up super hard. She was badly hurt and hasn't been able to get healthy. She will be running again soon but she wants to graduate and focus on her life a little bit. Ask any team member of the distance squad at A&M. This story will be exactly the same as theirs. Don't criticize her for something like this. Running isn't everything to some people. Like previous posters said...if it was a problem with the coach she would have just transferred. Not quit entirely. This has nothing to do with the coaching staff.
Student
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 7:22PM - in reply to Galactica Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Selfish? Perhaps you can explain why leaving the sport would be selfish.

Galactica wrote:

If she had problems with her coach she could've transferred to any school in the country. To quit running after winning 2 national championships in track and being 2nd at the Olympic trials seems selfish to me. It seems like she doesn't have a passion for running. How unfortunate.
Student
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 7:26PM - in reply to pat henry's speech impediment Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Perhaps you can explain why you think A&M is not a top-ranked academic institution? I mean, compared with top-tier ivies, yes, but compared with publics, it top 10% easily and is one of 63 AAU schools. Compared with other schools with elite athletics, again, top 10%.

pat henry's speech impediment wrote:

The Academic Director at any top ranked academic school can override any dufus coach attempting to waste a student-athlete. Of couse we already know that TxA&M is not a top ranked academic institution at all. Pat Henry and his program sucks for not letting Natosha skip indoors. After all you can't win a major medal at indoor T&F or cross country.
Galactica
RE: Natosha Rogers of Texas A&M decides to quit the sport. 3/6/2013 7:37PM - in reply to Student Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Student wrote:

Selfish? Perhaps you can explain why leaving the sport would be selfish.

Galactica wrote:

Because of her talent. Many other girls want to be as fast as her. To see her one day just quit wouldn't seem fair. I understand that just because you are good at something doesn't mean you have to pursue it. It's her life her decisions but imagine being on a college team or being a coach and your national caliber runner decides to quit when she has put all of this work in and had succes. That is selfish.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |