Pages: | 1 | 2 |
Video Available?
Arkansas Home Cooking 3/1/2013 11:42PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Does anyone have video of the Arkansas Last Chance Meet?

How do two guys who have never broken 1:49 run 1:46.1 and 1:46.7? I have heard of great improvement in the 800 - but 3 seconds??? And at a home meet when it is only your guys in the race.

Please post video so we can have proof this wasn't some home cooking going on.
BucktheFreak
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 12:06AM - in reply to Video Available? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For sure For sure I'd inquire.
If there is a way to cheat, Mr. Bucky will find it.
He can't afford to go into another NCAA ranked first and come away beat like always
Mr. V
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 12:35AM - in reply to BucktheFreak Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Really? I'm sure some how they figured out how to cheat at an 800m race. No way they are just tuned up and ready to go. 1/10 nice troll.
LetsRun.com
your benevolent dictator
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 2:04AM - in reply to Mr. V Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
When we saw the talk of two 1:46s, our thought was "Arkansas is loaded with 800 guys - not a big surprise." But then when we saw the names - it is surprising that's for sure.

Leoman Momoh.

8th at the SECs, now #1 in the country by a ton.

Congrats to him. Can we PLEASE get a PSU versus Arkansas 4 x 800 showdown at Penn?

Section 1
1 Leoman Momoh Arkansas 1:46.07
2 Tomas Squella Arkansas 1:46.76
3 Cameron Efurd Arkansas 1:50.40
-- Ryan Thomas Unattached DNF
Section 2
1 Ryan Hocker Wichita State 1:53.81
2 Augusto Stanley Unattached 1:54.29
3 De'Quad Binder Sam Houston St. 1:54.44
4 Freddy Arellano Sam Houston St. 1:54.82
5 James Leonard Central Arkansas 1:55.05
forwardmotion
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 5:06AM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Although his PR was "only" 1:48.7, established at last year SEC's outdoor meet, he has run 47.49 for the 400, which is pretty quick and could let expect for a faster 800 time, assuming he has got a 800m oriented training. Tomas improved a lot as well, he has got the genes for that, his father was an olympian.
jsquire
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 7:44AM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

LetsRun.com wrote:
Can we PLEASE get a PSU versus Arkansas 4 x 800 showdown at Penn?
Arkansas isn't going to Penn (or Drake) this year.
Trialswatcher
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 8:20AM - in reply to jsquire Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Two 1:46's out of no where? wow, and just because one guy ran 47.xx that makes him 1:46 capable? I am sure a lot of guys will be glad to hear that.
Original gangsta
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 8:44AM - in reply to Trialswatcher Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If anybody can find television footage from the 2001 indoor NCAA meet at Arkansas, you'll notice the men's and women's 800 started from different lines on the outside barrel start.

I never could tell if it positively affected trinity gray (he broke with a massive lead, although that was his M.O.) or negatively affected lyndsay Hyatt (if memory serves- she broke in last place), but it 100% helped or hurt one of them.

My point? Maybe the two Arkansas fellas ran slightly less than 800m.
Video Available?
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 9:04AM - in reply to Original gangsta Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Again - someone please post a video of this race. That will answer all the skeptical questions about two 1:49 guys all of the sudden running times that will rank in the top ten all-time in collegiate history.
pogo
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 9:20AM - in reply to Original gangsta Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Original gangsta wrote:

If anybody can find television footage from the 2001 indoor NCAA meet at Arkansas, you'll notice the men's and women's 800 started from different lines on the outside barrel start.

I never could tell if it positively affected trinity gray (he broke with a massive lead, although that was his M.O.) or negatively affected lyndsay Hyatt (if memory serves- she broke in last place), but it 100% helped or hurt one of them.

My point? Maybe the two Arkansas fellas ran slightly less than 800m.

It's a different track from 2001.

In order for this conspiracy theory to be remotely accurate they'd have to have run 20-35 meters short to run 1:46 if they're only capable of running 1:50.
OldManNash
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 9:32AM - in reply to Video Available? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Race video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGLOTAxoheQ

Also. Go back and watch this time trial they had in december....1:16 in DECEMBER. Ain't nothing fishy about those times now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbD8wZCQ9iQ
witness#37
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 9:37AM - in reply to pogo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I am an NCAA Div 1 coach and I was at the meet last night. I had the guys coming through in 51.10 and 1:17.87 (I missed the 200). It was a legitimate race with a legitimate time. There were only 4 guys in the race and they waterfall started them from the start/finish line.

It does bring up a good question though. Does anyone with knowledge of timing software know if it is possible to put in a delay when the gun fires? Could you set a .15 second delay in say the 400. If you had a 46.6 guy and wanted to make sure he got in, that would push him over the hump this year. I specifically remember the trials in 08 in Eugene when Doc Patten and the rest of the 100m final each had about a .08-.12 PR across the board.
Suspicious
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 10:01AM - in reply to witness#37 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's not just the two 800 guys either. Gauntlett, Nitt, and Braddy all doubled, and ran significantly better than they did at SEC, where they only ran one race each.
JKT
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 11:06AM - in reply to Suspicious Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It was 800M...it's not like they are running this thing with no one else in the building.

Momoh is a great time trialer but not a great racer. When anything at all goes wrong in a race, he tends to stop running and jog it in. Which is what he did in the SEC final.
LetsRun.com
your benevolent dictator
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 11:21AM - in reply to OldManNash Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

OldManNash wrote:

Race video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGLOTAxoheQ

Also. Go back and watch this time trial they had in december....1:16 in DECEMBER. Ain't nothing fishy about those times now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbD8wZCQ9iQ

That doesn't prove nothing. Joking.

Can the original poster admit while his question was a good one - he's now been officially shut down. Unless he wants to somehow say the 145.90 ht i got is off because the track isn't the right size.

That was GREAT rabbitting. A fun race to watch.
jjjjjjj
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 1:25PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
extremely impressive. those guys are the real thing, particularly leoman momoh, a senior out of memphis, tn, a great stride, actually reminiscent of charles jock. he's 6'2" and came into the year with pr's of 1:48.81i (just under that outdoors) and 47.49. but if you realize that squella is a redshirt freshman (out of santiago, chile) (5'11"), he must have a lot of room for improvement if he is only 19 or 20. His pr's on the site were "48.45 at 400 meters, 1:48.06 at the outdoor 800 meters (outdoors) and 1:50.26 at the indoor 800 meters."
smell the aroma of the odor
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 1:35PM - in reply to jjjjjjj Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That was a nice race and a big step forward for those guys.

There's no taking away that they ran what they did, but, also, the race was a totally set-up time trial with both guys getting a very well paced and smooth ride. There was no jostling, no gear changes, no need to swing wide,no slow downs - in other words, no problems that tend to occur in 90% of really competitive races.

I say congrats to those guys, but hold off on conceding the NCAA titles to them, as let's see how they handle a real race versus a set up time trial.
Mr. V
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 1:38PM - in reply to jjjjjjj Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Maybe the whole goal was to run faster after the SEC championships? Hmmmmmmm, maybe they are getting ready for nationals? Hmmmmmm or what's more likely is that Arkansas set up a shorter track for them to run on or cheated by starting the gun late or some how repainted their waterfall start about 10m ahead of where it should be. The video obviously proves nothing.
fun.
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 2:23PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
college PRs

ARKANSAS
1:46.07 Leoman Momoh
1:46.76 Tomas Squella
1:47.66 Patrick Rono
1:48.56 Anthony Lieghio
7:09.05

PENN STATE
1:45.31 Casimir Loxsom
1:46.41 Ricky West
1:48.17 Brannon Kidder
1:48.64 Robby Creese
7:08.53
CGBatch
RE: Arkansas Home Cooking 3/2/2013 2:26PM - in reply to fun. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

fun. wrote:

college PRs

ARKANSAS
1:46.07 Leoman Momoh
1:46.76 Tomas Squella
1:47.66 Patrick Rono
1:48.56 Anthony Lieghio
7:09.05

PENN STATE
1:45.31 Casimir Loxsom
1:46.41 Ricky West
1:48.17 Brannon Kidder
1:48.64 Robby Creese
7:08.53

I was thinking the same thing last night. Oh how I wish Arkansas went to Penn Relays. Momoh had run 1:48.73 outdoor and 1:48.81 indoor last year, but that 1:46 was totally unexpected. I would really like to see a video jut exactly how they did it. Only had 4 men in the race including the rabbit.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |