Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
jrrunna
Arnold Pump and Run 2/25/2013 4:33PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
F the tough mudder! Time for the pump and run. This Sunday. Who's in shape?
Some lunatic
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 2/25/2013 4:39PM - in reply to jrrunna Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Go negative or go home
Sub 16 first
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/1/2013 12:19PM - in reply to Some lunatic Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hopefully we see a sub 16 and 30 reps. Cold windy weather ahead
buckeyenut
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/4/2013 1:49PM - in reply to Sub 16 first Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
16:15 winning time - results up on www.runohio.com
cross fit the real dude
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/4/2013 2:12PM - in reply to buckeyenut Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Governor Schwarzenegger said the "The Pump and Run is a true test of one's fitness as it combines both strength and endurance."

Most of you wimps can't bench 100 lbs.
ian edwards
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/4/2013 2:12PM - in reply to buckeyenut Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
So if I do 20 reps of body weight and then run 15:30 for 5 I would easily win?
coach d
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/4/2013 2:21PM - in reply to jrrunna Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
So, where are the crossfit guys?

Yeah, I know, they'd have to post some real results--and we already know how slow they are at running.
ian edwards
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/4/2013 4:13PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nevermind. 20 reps and 15:30 5k only equals a time of 5:30. Shit.
holbythebear
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/4/2013 5:45PM - in reply to jrrunna Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Calling it now. 2 sub 16s guys lifting their bw 30 times next year
Someone has to say it
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/4/2013 5:54PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

coach d wrote:

So, where are the crossfit guys?

Yeah, I know, they'd have to post some real results--and we already know how slow they are at running.

Wassa Matta U getta pumped and dumped???

hahhahaha
holbythebear
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/4/2013 6:16PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Do crossfit guys claim to be fast 5k runners?
chuckfan
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/4/2013 7:09PM - in reply to Sub 16 first Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Most central OH fast guys were at the Stingray 5k up in Erville. Lots of fast times on a WAY short course (2.88 miles)
scotth
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/5/2013 3:50AM - in reply to jrrunna Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
6 time winner, 2nd this year, Lisa Veneziano lives a few miles from me on Lake Fenton, frozen & snow covered right now.
holbythebear
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/5/2013 9:11AM - in reply to chuckfan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Is that around a minute short? There were some big names in that race, but if it was a minute short, those aren't impressive times for those guys.
buckeyenut
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/5/2013 10:09AM - in reply to buckeyenut Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
old ohio guy2
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/5/2013 10:14AM - in reply to chuckfan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
There are too many races in the Columbus area. Some weekends there are 7-10 races with one of the timing guys doing 5-6 of them…

The Arnold event has been going on for 25 years.. why would someone add a race the day before…should have had it this weekend or the week before….
brrr
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/5/2013 10:54AM - in reply to holbythebear Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It was 3.08, so maybe a few seconds short- snowy and slick too
brogan1
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/5/2013 10:56AM - in reply to holbythebear Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

holbythebear wrote:

Do crossfit guys claim to be fast 5k runners?

Yes. They claim their sprints they do are better at developing endurance.
holbythebear
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/5/2013 11:07AM - in reply to brrr Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That 3.08 makes more sense for those guys.

I haven't read any of the cross fit threads, I just see the titles and skip them. Cross fit people seemed to be "my way or the highway" so I could see them making claims like that. Them saying their sprinting type training is good for distance would be like you telling them that 1 rep max workouts is the best training for a cross fitter.
columbusguy
RE: Arnold Pump and Run 3/5/2013 5:33PM - in reply to buckeyenut Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nice event!
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |