Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
LetsRun.com
your benevolent dictator
Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/19/2013 4:54PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
http://www.letsrun.com/news/2013/02/kevin-hadsell-denies-the-deadspin-allegations/

We transcribed the nearly 23 minutes of interviews for you.
Buckeye Bob
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 6:32AM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He tweeted there would be one last coffee talk podcast to set the record straight.
no taste in music
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 6:45AM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

LetsRun.com wrote:

http://www.letsrun.com/news/2013/02/kevin-hadsell-denies-the-deadspin-allegations/

We transcribed the nearly 23 minutes of interviews for you.



And no body cares.
Cancelled
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 7:06AM - in reply to no taste in music Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He's such a scumbag. I feel like this is giving him the oppurtunity to shape the story in the same way that lance was able to. The whole part about always having his girlfriend/assistant coach around for conversations in the office is useless. You think she's gonna throw him under the bus? The assistant coach is gonna say whatever Hadsell tells her to if she gets questioned.
on team and know everything
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 7:06AM - in reply to no taste in music Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Emma, Doug: crawl back in your hole. Your story is falling apart and once your other "sources" are revealed Nd the World sees it is Sam, David, Jen etc, if will destroy even what little credibility the story already has. Hadsell won't even have to say anything. The teammates of those sources will be able to provide enough reasons as to why they are not credible.

The coffee talk should be interesting.
on team and know everything
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 7:45AM - in reply to on team and know everything Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You mean like deadspin gave you a forum to spin it anyway you wanted?
Bullet the Blue Sky
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 8:19AM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Weak, weak interview. How about asking some tough questions .... Did you have a sexual relationship with anyone on your team? How many current and former athletes have you had sexual relationships with?

Those would have been a good start.
113
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 8:40AM - in reply to Bullet the Blue Sky Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Bullet the Blue Sky wrote:

Weak, weak interview. How about asking some tough questions .... Did you have a sexual relationship with anyone on your team? How many current and former athletes have you had sexual relationships with?

Those would have been a good start.


Follow-up questions:

You say you never had a sexual relationship with anyone on the team. Then what did you mean when you texted: "I would hook up with Caitliln I haven't but if she wasn't psycho I would. But you and I are far too cool not to." and "It may be a good ride. Just sayin."

Did you just want to have sexual relationships with your athletes, but got shot down? Does that somehow make it better?
here we go again
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 8:52AM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

LetsRun.com wrote:

http://www.letsrun.com/news/2013/02/kevin-hadsell-denies-the-deadspin-allegations/

We transcribed the nearly 23 minutes of interviews for you.


^^That's some rigorous reporting right there (not).

Further evidence this site panders to misogynists.

Brojos, you should be ashamed of yourself.
Mr. Obvious
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 9:21AM - in reply to here we go again Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Poor interview, poor questions, poor defense of himself. Only way to get ahead of this is if he is way, way more forthcoming instead of all of the hinting and vague responses. I suspect he cannot be forthcoming because the charges are either largely or fully accurate.
Pocket Rocket
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 9:32AM - in reply to Mr. Obvious Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

no taste in music wrote:
And no body cares.


"No body"? Kind of like the deal with Jimmy Hoffa?....


Cancelled wrote:

I feel like this is giving him the oppurtunity to shape the story in the same way that lance was able to.

The whole part about always having his girlfriend/assistant coach around for conversations in the office is useless. You think she's gonna throw him under the bus? The assistant coach is gonna say whatever Hadsell tells her to if she gets questioned.


Oh really? Just like Emma Kurtesz did anything he wanted because Hadsell ruled all his runners by fear? Why would every assistant coach say what Hadsell wanted (that loser from Deadspin, and you may well be him, did his best to dig everywhere in the past) since he is gone from the program anyway?


113 wrote:


You say you never had a sexual relationship with anyone on the team. Then what did you mean when you texted: "I would hook up with Caitliln I haven't but if she wasn't psycho I would. But you and I are far too cool not to." and "It may be a good ride. Just sayin."

Did you just want to have sexual relationships with your athletes, but got shot down? Does that somehow make it better?


Yeah, that makes sense, since Caitlin wasn't even on the team at that point, and if you knew anything at all you would know that Emma dearly wanted Hadsell and he did not reciprocate.


here we go again wrote:

Further evidence this site panders to misogynists.

Brojos, you should be ashamed of yourself.


They are misogynists for printing word for word what Hadsell said, but Emma is a princess for repeatedly lying, conniving, etc. OK.

No, it panders to retards like you who don't know what their favorite words even mean.


Mr. Obvious wrote:

I suspect he cannot be forthcoming because the charges are either largely or fully accurate.


It is painfully obvious he is refusing to throw mud at the anorexic jilted thing who used to run for him and is now carrying on her freak show in Rochester Hills.

Jesus this place is full of idiots. People believe the deadspin story because that is what the typical human likes - dirt about people they don't know even when it is made up. What a joke. And before any of you even it, since you are all more than dumb enough to go there, I am not Kevin Hadsell, do not care to support him but have a "thing" against witch hunt because someone, or "some one" once tried to bring me down that way and she almost got her wish cuz everyone wants to believe the stinkcrack.
Mr. Obvious
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 9:38AM - in reply to Pocket Rocket Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Pocket Rocket wrote:


It is painfully obvious he is refusing to throw mud at the anorexic jilted thing who used to run for him and is now carrying on her freak show in Rochester Hills.

Jesus this place is full of idiots. People believe the deadspin story because that is what the typical human likes - dirt about people they don't know even when it is made up. What a joke. And before any of you even it, since you are all more than dumb enough to go there, I am not Kevin Hadsell, do not care to support him but have a "thing" against witch hunt because someone, or "some one" once tried to bring me down that way and she almost got her wish cuz everyone wants to believe the stinkcrack.


Way to keep it classy.
Pocket Rocket
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 9:56AM - in reply to Mr. Obvious Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Mr. Obvious wrote:

Way to keep it classy.


A person who laps up the tripe of a Deadspin "reporter" whose job is to be as ethics free as possible, and stands on the side of a woman obviously lying, is now worried about class. Gotta love the world we live in.

Tell me what people, do you think he made up that story about Emma running on the golf course when she had been told not to because she was losing a butt load of weight and running multiple times a day? Or is that just Hadsell and his "misogyny," I wonder.
Mr. Obvious
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 10:02AM - in reply to Pocket Rocket Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Pocket Rocket wrote:


Mr. Obvious wrote:

Way to keep it classy.


A person who laps up the tripe of a Deadspin "reporter" whose job is to be as ethics free as possible, and stands on the side of a woman obviously lying, is now worried about class. Gotta love the world we live in.

Tell me what people, do you think he made up that story about Emma running on the golf course when she had been told not to because she was losing a butt load of weight and running multiple times a day? Or is that just Hadsell and his "misogyny," I wonder.


I'm not standing on anybody's side. I don't totally believe that the Deadspin article is the whole truth either.

I do not know what to think about the golf course story except that it is irrelevant.
Pocket Rocket
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 10:45AM - in reply to Mr. Obvious Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Mr. Obvious wrote:


I'm not standing on anybody's side. I don't totally believe that the Deadspin article is the whole truth either.

I do not know what to think about the golf course story except that it is irrelevant.


I disagree that it's irrelevant. If she lied about that she could have lied about a lot of things.

(If you mean irrelevant in terms of whether he should have been fired had he not resigned - no argument there - even he admits that - not irrelevant to the whole she-bang though - pardon my pun - beats the Pistorius ones)
flaggpole
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 11:28AM - in reply to Mr. Obvious Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
legaleaglez
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 11:37AM - in reply to flaggpole Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Minus the false sexual harrassment claim there is no reason to turn over doctored texts. He would have resigned or been fired for the other stuff (possibly). This would have been a story buried in the Blade.

Sexual Harrassment claims landed him on cover of Deadspin. You could argue, if these claims are false (including other defamatory claims) then the deadspin article casts him into the national spotlight without merit. One can argue Hadsell was possibly a public figure in Toledo. But not nationally.

If she deleted texts to purposely cast him into a negative false light and falsely accused him of harrassment with no basis, all with a motive, this is a potential libel/defamation suit against her and Gawker Media.
Not to Quibble
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 12:02PM - in reply to legaleaglez Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

legaleaglez wrote:
You could argue, if these claims are false (including other defamatory claims) then the deadspin article casts him into the national spotlight without merit.


Not to quibble, but the guy who wrote the Deadspin piece isn't interested in whether some track coach in a shitty industrial town is a public figure on a minor or major scale, which he is not. You have to be as hot/fast as Suzy H or as diabolical as Oscar P to achieve that status as a track type. His concern is becoming a nationally known figure himself. How many people who write for rumor/bullshit generators like Deadspin don't aspire to something better, even if in 95% of cases, that is a pipe dream?

I understand this guy who seems unlikely to ever coach, though you never know, wanting to protect his rep to the fullest extent possible in the Toledo area, if he still lives there or wants to, and if I were in his position I would use the local tv and newspapers to my advantage as well, especially if my "adversary" had been less than honest.
legaleaglez
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 12:31PM - in reply to Not to Quibble Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I live outside Toledo in Lambertville. Local talk radio host this morning talked about how Hadsell's admissikn to any relationships 10+ years ago would not have been fireable offences.

The University of Toledo's policy prohibiting teachers from dating students wasn't enacted until 2007. Prior to that it was not against university policy. They mentioned that Eastern Michigan and 3 other state schools in Michigan do not have a policy against dating studets and you cannot be fired for it. Interesting discusson as it pertains tl the deadspin accusations.
Akronxc22
RE: Kevin Hadsell Denies The Deadspin Allegations 2/20/2013 12:35PM - in reply to legaleaglez Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |