Pages: | 1 | 2 |
KMB
Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 1:34PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Rojo said that he'd allow only two threads on the topic of Kevin's resignation and the ensuing story posted on Deadspin, but I figure this qualifies as a PSA and should pass muster.

http://www.northwestohio.com/sports/story.aspx?id=861540#.UR_ZfKXrzmY

For those outside the WNWO viewing area, the segments will be posted online. Not sure of the timetable on that, as the station shot two hours of footage.
deadspin v blade
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 1:41PM - in reply to KMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well since we have all heard the story from the accuser in a 10 page article on Deadspin, it will be interesting to finally hear the other side of the story.
slamon
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 1:46PM - in reply to KMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Did you misread that? According to that article it looks like it's just a single interview airing at 6pm. If it's actually a 6-part interview, that seems pretty excessive.
The Single Voice of Reason
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 1:55PM - in reply to KMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He licks his lips way too much. Not saying this means anything, but it's weird and distracting.
winterwoahs
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 2:00PM - in reply to The Single Voice of Reason Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well it is winter. Maybe they are dry? I didn't notice at first.
KMB
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 2:10PM - in reply to slamon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

slamon wrote:

Did you misread that? According to that article it looks like it's just a single interview airing at 6pm. If it's actually a 6-part interview, that seems pretty excessive.

He told me it would air in six segments. Based on my experience, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen -- if aliens decide to launch a coordinated attack on Toledo, or someone finds remnants of ark there that have a verifiable link to events that happened thousands of years ago in the Fertile Crescent, the interview might my displaced and never be broadcast in its entirety. But I would bet that it all winds up on the much-more-accommodating Internet.
rockchalkz
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 3:48PM - in reply to KMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Will this be aired online?
coach d.
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 4:01PM - in reply to KMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thanks, Kevin.

KMB wrote:

Rojo said that he'd allow only two threads on the topic of Kevin's resignation and the ensuing story posted on Deadspin, but I figure this qualifies as a PSA and should pass muster.

http://www.northwestohio.com/sports/story.aspx?id=861540#.UR_ZfKXrzmY

For those outside the WNWO viewing area, the segments will be posted online. Not sure of the timetable on that, as the station shot two hours of footage.
pogo
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 4:28PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Thedogsoutofthebag WOOF wrote:

What Jesse Squire didn't see was Andrea throwing herself at Hadsell through text conversations. I don't account that as Sexual Coercion... unless she is the one being accused of that.

Doesn't matter, not how codes of conduct work. Hadsell is out, it was his own choice and fault, he played the game, done.
Wesley Snopes
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 4:39PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That article by Supertrackfan is well written and next to useless. Anyone with access to the internet could have written it and his status as a local guy added nothing new, other than some BS about how he figures Hadsell saw him.

Especially funny, is that he says "I should also note that on January 28, Hadsell contacted me to say that he would be releasing a statement telling his side of the story. He reiterated that on February 14, but as yet there has been nothing" and meanwhile people not from Toledo were already talking here about this TV interview even as he posted that.

I was already tired of having read 167 pages of re-hashed material when I saw this, "Both stories, however, refer to an anonymous tip to the athletic department, one made on September 21, 2012. It was not made by the main accuser in the articles and that accuser did not know who the tipster was. Two uncoordinated individuals acting on their own and making the same accusation is fairly damning." How does Tracksuperfan know that Emma Curtesz herself was not the tipster? Because she said so. And why does he believe her? Just because.

The lawyer he spoke with said, well this is what could happen assuming everything Deadspin wrote is true. Good luck with that one, holy crap.
Caitlin
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 5:27PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hello everyone Caitlin here. What woof and KMB are posting in all three of these threads that talk about the "Toledo scandal" are completely accurate. Hadsell did an interview with WNWO and they are televising it and it will be available on the website for those people who missed it. Also the blade is posting the facts and doing another story.
Wesley Snopes
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 5:37PM - in reply to Caitlin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Superfan also said there was a precedent for this and cited Penn State/Sandusky. With that he lost any and all credibility but like I said the article was pointless anyway, just a "hi there I live and Toledo and here's all the internet research I did and the rumors I believe."
coach d.
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 6:46PM - in reply to Wesley Snopes Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Okay, Kevin, thanks for the inside scoop!

Wesley Snopes wrote:

Superfan also said there was a precedent for this and cited Penn State/Sandusky. With that he lost any and all credibility but like I said the article was pointless anyway, just a "hi there I live and Toledo and here's all the internet research I did and the rumors I believe."
Toledo Native
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 8:34PM - in reply to coach d. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I know the 1 guy you interviewed Jesse. He is a guy Hadsell kicked off the team. Name his name and any athlete at Toledo will call your BS. Name one person Hadsell ever bought booze for. Nobody ever saw him drunk. Hadsell's interview is real. And genuine. He is getting railroaded and I hope he sues everyone for slander and libel! Including you at this point.
Oh, nevermind
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 8:44PM - in reply to Toledo Native Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why would he kick a guy off the team?
Toledo Native
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/20/2013 6:39PM - in reply to Oh, nevermind Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Oh. And ____ was the problem. Nice reporting. Maybe you and Doug Brown should talk to even One current FEMAzlE on the team. Zero credibility. Both you and Doug Brown will be lucky to have a Myspace page. We all know Hadsell hired a bigtime lawyer so enjoy the libel suits.
coach d.
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/20/2013 6:40PM - in reply to Toledo Native Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yawn, thanks Kevin.

Toledo Native wrote:

Oh. And ____ was the problem. Nice reporting. Maybe you and Doug Brown should talk to even One current FEMAzlE on the team. Zero credibility. Both you and Doug Brown will be lucky to have a Myspace page. We all know Hadsell hired a bigtime lawyer so enjoy the libel suits.
break it up
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 10:15PM - in reply to Toledo Native Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hadsell coached there for 15 years. There are probably 150 women that went through his program during that time. Yeah we all heard about the thing dating Shook but that was when she was a graduate assistant when that came out.

I know personally 3 big name D1 coaches that married athletes they coached in college. One of them coached his wife of 33 years when she was a high schooler.

They all would have been justifiably dismissed under the current climate about that stuff.

Hadsell deserves to fight this one sided sensational media attack. This is his career.

He obviously acknowledges he broke the guidelines his university enforces. But the sensational websites like deadspin and letsrun don't investigate. They just put it out for hits.

Looking for the next Jerry Sandusky story. Hadsell is or was a partier. He might have had a few beers after 5 and went to a practice. He may have hung out at the hotel bar drinking on road trips. Like other coaches, Bill Dellinger, Ron Warhurst. They never coached women though.

As far as I can tell he kept the line drawn. I don't believe he was buying cases of beer for the team and drinking with them after a big meet. There are allegations by one source that may not be factual.

He might have mentioned that going on birth control would be detrimemtal to their running. He denies it. But if he did is that sexual harrassment?

A well known coach of hurdlers that is still an icon (and who married one of his college athletes) sent an athlete home on a Greyhound bus travelling for getting caught buying a fried blueberry pie at McDonalds at an airport stop.

Hadsell needs to grow up but he's no monster or predator. This is serious stuff. Thrown out on the internet where any rumor is taken as facts.
rockchalkz
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 10:39PM - in reply to break it up Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why do they have practice at 7:30PM?
break it up
RE: Toledo affiliate to air first of six-part interview with Kevin Hadsell tonight 2/16/2013 10:58PM - in reply to rockchalkz Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Class schedule. Probably extra work with the steeple crew.

My college coach individualized groups and held practices every day with groups from 11:00 am until 7:00 pm.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |