Good art
The new paradigm. Endocrine system. 2/10/2013 7:54PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
As endurance athletes we are looking for ways to enhance or V o2 or aerobic threshold, yet very few look at the endocrine system as a system that unlocks our energy systems. Too many time athletes get stuck from overtraining that comes from a week endocrine system. The HPA is seemingly the master system that unlocks our abilities to be tough and gather the energies to improve our status.

I contend that the future of endurance related sport need to develop a keen understanding about the endocrine system more so than any other systems to better serve our performance limitations.
Guppy
RE: The new paradigm. Endocrine system. 2/10/2013 8:36PM - in reply to Good art Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Good art wrote:

As endurance athletes we are looking for ways to enhance or V o2 or aerobic threshold, yet very few look at the endocrine system as a system that unlocks our energy systems. Too many time athletes get stuck from overtraining that comes from a week endocrine system. The HPA is seemingly the master system that unlocks our abilities to be tough and gather the energies to improve our status.

I contend that the future of endurance related sport need to develop a keen understanding about the endocrine system more so than any other systems to better serve our performance limitations.

Umm, okay, let's look at the end products of the HPA axis:
corticosteroids (stress hormones)
mineralcorticoids (things involved in ion excretion)
androgens
catecholamines like epinephrine (adrenaline)

Uh, yeah, these have actually already been targeted for decades.
JackofAss
RE: The new paradigm. Endocrine system. 2/10/2013 9:32PM - in reply to Good art Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
So is this your new "thing" creating a bunch of threads about the endocrine system? I've seen two, Im sure you started or commented on others.