Seattliteee
Moving from Seattle to Denver. Help! 2/10/2013 3:56PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm moving from Seattle to Denver, as the title says and need some help on where to live in Denver.

I LOVE Seattle, but family stuff is relocating me. I love the rain, so all Denvers Sun my actually get to me . . .

I live in Capitol Hill in Seattle (If this is a helpful reference) and think it is the perfect neighborhood.

So here is what I'm looking for . . .

-WALKABLE. I own no car and hope never to again. I would love if all my grocery shopping, entertainment, coffee, etc. was in walking distance.

-Trendy. Hate me if you want, while I don't think I'm a hipster, I love hipster neighborhoods. Art, Theater, Culture, foodie places, hip coffee shops, lofts, etc.

-City. I need to be in the city. This does not mean downtown, but in the Urban Core.

I love high concentration of things/people in one spot.

I can no longer run, so access to trails and running spots is not important.

I'm looking for Neighborhoods, feel free to even give me specific streets/corners!

Thanks!
arvadarunner
RE: Moving from Seattle to Denver. Help! 2/10/2013 4:08PM - in reply to Seattliteee Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If you are looking for a trendy place near the "Urban Core" I might suggest the LODO District. It is part of the urban renewal project near downtown. Good access to the light rail for public transport and near Pepsi Center/Coors Field. Also about an hour drive or so to Boulder. Hope that helps. Apartments might get kind of pricey in that area.
SciencishInquisition
RE: Moving from Seattle to Denver. Help! 2/10/2013 4:45PM - in reply to Seattliteee Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Seattliteee wrote:
I live in Capitol Hill in Seattle (If this is a helpful reference) and think it is the perfect neighborhood.

You could live in Capitol Hill in Denver: change as few variables as possible.

Seriously, it's close to downtown; within a couple miles of the new Trader Joe's; and close to the parks.

Otherwise, LoDo is good/OK but pretty commercial; Highlands (Highland) Denver area seems less car-congested and more hipster.
Boulder Man
RE: Moving from Seattle to Denver. Help! 2/10/2013 5:13PM - in reply to SciencishInquisition Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Check out Boulder too -- you might love it if it isn't too small for you. It's way cooler than anyplace in Denver.
KMB
RE: Moving from Seattle to Denver. Help! 2/10/2013 5:30PM - in reply to arvadarunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

arvadarunner wrote:

If you are looking for a trendy place near the "Urban Core" I might suggest the LODO District ... about an hour drive or so to Boulder.

For what it's worth, Boulder's only about half an hour from the northern/northwestern side of Denver under most conditions, although Route 36 can sometimes get ugly at rush hour.
Picture me Trollin'
RE: Moving from Seattle to Denver. Help! 2/10/2013 6:51PM - in reply to KMB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

KMB wrote:

For what it's worth, Boulder's only about half an hour from the northern/northwestern side of Denver under most conditions, although Route 36 can sometimes get ugly at rush hour.

Sounds good. Sign me up for Boulder soon haha
eb
RE: Moving from Seattle to Denver. Help! 2/12/2013 12:27PM - in reply to Seattliteee Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think the Highlands or Baker would be right for you. Are you buying or renting and how much are you wanting to spend? There are some good apps that may be able to help you in either case.