Tommy2Nuttz
Barefoot running..has the fad passed? 2/10/2013 9:36AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Dont hear too much mention of it any more, whats the deal?

Has it been boiled down to just using minimalist shoes, Frees etc?

What are medium to high mileage runners using these days in their daily runs?
ace in the troll
RE: Barefoot running..has the fad passed? 2/10/2013 1:01PM - in reply to Tommy2Nuttz Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wow I sure hope so. The number of minimalist shoes being offered in the running shoe market has to be way over the actual need or interest though because everytime I'm at a road race or out and meet other runners, I rarely see them using minimalist shoes. And the ones that do wear them, don't put in any serious mileage.

Tommy2Nuttz wrote:

Bad Wigins
RE: Barefoot running..has the fad passed? 2/10/2013 4:04PM - in reply to Tommy2Nuttz Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
what fad? The fad was always minimalist shoes. There have never been barefoot runners everywhere, only a few serious ones.
uradumbass
RE: Barefoot running..has the fad passed? 2/10/2013 5:06PM - in reply to ace in the troll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

ace in the troll wrote:

Wow I sure hope so. The number of minimalist shoes being offered in the running shoe market has to be way over the actual need or interest though because everytime I'm at a road race or out and meet other runners, I rarely see them using minimalist shoes. And the ones that do wear them, don't put in any serious mileage.

So no one wears flats at the races you attend?
um, duh
RE: Barefoot running..has the fad passed? 2/10/2013 10:46PM - in reply to ace in the troll Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes, the serious runners run in 12mm drop shoes...lol. you can still put in serious mileage in minimalist shoes.

ace in the troll wrote:

Tommy2Nuttz wrote: