spartandeath
Spartan Death Race: the ultimate challenge? 2/10/2013 12:07AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
From the race website:

"...mental and physical challenges throughout a 40-mile course that runs through the Vermont woods. During the Death Race, competitors may be asked to chop wood for 2-hours, carry a 20-lb stump around for hours, lift 10-30 lbs rocks for 5-hours; build a fire, cut a bushel of onions, crawl through mud under barbed wire, or after 20-hours of racing, memorize the names of the first 10 U.S. Presidents or a Bible verse, hike to the top of a mountain and recite them back in order."

Can you do it?
negativened
RE: Spartan Death Race: the ultimate challenge? 2/10/2013 8:14AM - in reply to spartandeath Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The question I have is WHY would I want to do it? Sounds very stupid.
spartandeath
RE: Spartan Death Race: the ultimate challenge? 2/10/2013 7:55PM - in reply to negativened Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
bump
medium_pace
RE: Spartan Death Race: the ultimate challenge? 2/10/2013 8:01PM - in reply to negativened Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

negativened wrote:

The question I have is WHY would I want to do it? Sounds very stupid.

This.

No doubt this event is difficult/painful. So is hitting yourself in the hand repeatedly with a roofing hammer.

There is a fine line between clever and stupid. Spartan Ultra distance (clever), the death race (stupid).