Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Stacked works for me
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/8/2013 3:06PM - in reply to webby Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Considering that this meet is a collegiate meet that is paying out tens/hundreds of thousands of dollars to bring in the top world tallent and the field consits of all american (US collegiate) athlets, this field is pretty stacked. It is not the Milrose Mile, and considering the fact that the Milrose mile is being run this week, this is a stacked field. There are not many races outside of National Championship and Olympic quallifiers that bring 20+ sub 4 minute milers together on one track.

Personally, I think this will be a fun meet to watch. I also don't think it will be slow. NCAA's are right aroung the corner and there aren't too many more chances to get fast times. Considering the fact that most of these athletes are in college, I would guess that they will keep the pace honest and force the professional guys to pull them through fast times.

Best of luck to everyone. God Bless Michael Hammond.
DRT
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/8/2013 3:08PM - in reply to fun. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
With all this hype and posting of Pr's for the Husky mile entrants, I'm surprised not one of you people has mentioned Pablo Solares!!! He is the Mexican national record holder in the 800, 1500 and Mile (3:54.52 Mile).
For what its worth, I think he is also Shannon Rowbury's boyfriend.
brain surgeon
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/8/2013 3:23PM - in reply to Stacked works for me Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Millrose isn't being run this week.
henrybish
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 7:58AM - in reply to Just Noticed This Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Solinsky is pacing, according to a recent twitter comment by him.
J.R.
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 12:03PM - in reply to henrybish Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What time is the race?
Trialswatcher
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 12:22PM - in reply to J.R. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Can Solinsky even run 3 flat for 3/4? I am serious, I have not seen him in anything faster than 5 mniute pace in a while?
26mi235
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 1:02PM - in reply to webby Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

webby wrote:

I'm not one to denigrate the performances of great athletes, which these are -- but I predict that this race doesn't make the top 50 of the year in terms of either average or winning times . . . so "stacked" probably isn't the right adjective.

It might well be among the top 5 or 3 in terms of the average time of the top 10. Look at the 5000 last night -- It will probably be the fastest indoor top 10 average (or 15, ...) of the year (US).
Kyle Schmidt
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 3:19PM - in reply to Trialswatcher Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Solinsky finished his former-AR 10k in 1:56.
suburbanxcore
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 3:26PM - in reply to Kyle Schmidt Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Kyle Schmidt wrote:

Solinsky finished his former-AR 10k in 1:56.

Call it a hunch, but I don't think he's in that kinda shape right now.
////????////
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 5:51PM - in reply to suburbanxcore Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
and it appears he is nowhere near that shape.

Solinsky, Chris ...... OTC Elite ..... DNF
Come on mayne
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 5:54PM - in reply to ////????//// Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
1 Bumbalough, Andrew Otc Elite 3:56.12
2 Jager, Evan Otc Elite 3:56.14
3 Cabral, Donn Nike 3:56.41
4 Creese, Robby Penn State 3:57.11
5 Botezan, Raul Oklahoma State 3:57.79
6 Johnson, Brett Oregon 3:58.62
7 Williamsz, Jordan Villanova 4:00.12
8 Hatz, Alex Wisconsin 4:00.65
9 Maldonado, Matt Long Beach St. 4:01.62
10 Merber, Kyle Texas 4:02.49
11 Hammond, Michael Virginia Tech 4:03.18
12 Van Ackeren, Trevor Unattached 4:03.71
-- Solinsky, Chris Otc Elite DNF
worker
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 5:55PM - in reply to Come on mayne Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He was the pace maker, dropped out @ 800 as planned
Come on mayne
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 6:00PM - in reply to worker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bumbi and Jager both looked good. The Schumacher group seems to be paying off well for the athletes.
Currious
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 6:09PM - in reply to Come on mayne Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bumbi and Jäger look poised for a good year. Sub 7:40 for Bumbi at Millrose?
kjl;j;lkj;lkj
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 6:10PM - in reply to Come on mayne Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Cabral had a gutsy race. Impressive.
High Wire
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 6:17PM - in reply to Come on mayne Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Cabral a huge PR and under 3:58 as I predicted. Now running under his HS coach Peter Oviatt in Bellingham...a coach's dream come true.
You missed the trifecta box
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 6:41PM - in reply to yimmy the grick Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

yimmy the grick wrote:

Last years outdoor time applied to this years indoor races does not a formchart make.

Merber, Bumby 10 and Jager take the podium. You sort them out as to place.

Bumby-first
Jager-second
Merber-53rd!
San Antonio
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 7:02PM - in reply to fun. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It will be an interesting event to watch. I predict top 10 will run sub 4
Prancer
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 7:25PM - in reply to San Antonio Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

San Antonio wrote:

It will be an interesting event to watch. I predict top 10 will run sub 4

I predict top 6 will break 4min and viren will destroy Pre in munich
Running Fast
RE: Husky Mile Field is STACKED 2/9/2013 7:26PM - in reply to Come on mayne Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
A PSU record for Creese? Anyone know
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |