Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
rojo
co-founder
Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 12:44PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Women's race begins 20minutes on Runnerspace. Men's race in 1 hour plus. The pre-race thread is too long. I thought it was best to start a thread dedicated strictly to the women's race here.

Pre-race thread is here: [link]http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4998342[/link]
humidxc
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 12:44PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ill take the bait... can anyone stay within 30 seconds of Shalane?
rojo
co-founder
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 12:45PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've changed it to make this one thread for the women and men as people won't want to change over as the races will start and finish clost to each other.

Pre-race thread is here:

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4998342
humidxc
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 12:50PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'll bite again... Is this Ritz versus Teg or can Derrick or Mack surprise?
ggilder
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 12:57PM - in reply to humidxc Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why can't Ben True win this? He has beaten almost all the field.
calebb
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:03PM - in reply to ggilder Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Is this all we get with the "live streaming?" A camera looking from a mile away? Why did I plan my day around watching this? There's a gator rolling along at the front of the race; put a damn cameraman in it!!
Wow Unbelievable
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:08PM - in reply to calebb Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yeah, honestly...they couldn't get any better camera positions than this?
calebb
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:09PM - in reply to Wow Unbelievable Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yeah, unbelievable. Just put a camera in the damn gator. There's no point in watching this; might as well just check the results later because it's impossible to tell what's going on right now.
Bidge
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:11PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wow Shalane is tearing it up, no surprise there.. But Kim Conley!? I realize it is early in the race, but wow she is really proving herself
Watching the feed
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:11PM - in reply to calebb Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Around 3k Flanagan leads, Conley on her shoulder, gap back to Kastor in 3rd and then another gap back to the base pack of 6.
Galactica
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:11PM - in reply to calebb Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I can't stand hearing the one guy clear his throat of phlegm every 5 seconds.
Watching the feed
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:15PM - in reply to Galactica Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Flanagan 12:52 at 3k. Conley 12:53, Kastor 13:08, chase pack another 10 or 15s back and includes decrescenzo, infeld, and spence.
rojo
co-founder
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:15PM - in reply to Galactica Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Flanagan and Conley up front.

Kator 16 seconds back in third.

THen a big gap to the chase pack of 5 of which 3 will make the team.

Not sure who all is in there. Suver, Spence, for sure.
calebb
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:16PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Heard that Emily Infeld is in that pack as well.
calebb
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:17PM - in reply to calebb Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Delilah in there as well.
Bidge
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:19PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Shalane just dropped Kim, She's on her own now
uphill workout
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:20PM - in reply to calebb Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
From what I can tell:

Flanagan is beginning to break Conley. Conley strong in second. Kastor all alone in third. Spence, xxxx, and Infeld 4-6, clear ahead of 7-8 women.

Top six make the world squad.
Watching the feed
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:20PM - in reply to calebb Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
19:25 for Shalane. 2s gap on Conley. Kastor 19:55. Spence, decrescenzo, and spence breaking away from the rest.
Well actually
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:21PM - in reply to humidxc Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

humidxc wrote:

I'll bite again... Is this Ritz versus Teg or can Derrick or Mack surprise?

Derrick taking the whole thing should hardly be called a surprise. I'd give him a better shot than Teg.
Bidge
RE: Official 2013 USA Cross Country Women's and Men's Race Discussion Thread 2/2/2013 1:23PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
look's like the team is set, Magda and Brie F. Way back
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |