Athleticsillustrated
No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/28/2013 10:18AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
link me please
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/28/2013 10:38AM - in reply to Athleticsillustrated Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Definitely want to hear a bit more - do you have a link to full results?
Bravo.....
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/28/2013 10:55AM - in reply to Athleticsillustrated Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Who was the braintrust that selected these USA teams??? That junior women's team was terrible, considering who I know put their names in the hat....
Athleticsillustrated
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/28/2013 10:56AM - in reply to link me please Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Added full individual and team results under the article, here: http://athleticsillustrated.com/editorial/team-canada-nearly-sweeps-at-nacac/

Also, a little birdie told me that Cameron Levins was holding off - as per usual - to unleash his ferocious kick. Apparently, he left it too long, but otherwise would have won and potentially Canada could have won 4 of 4 races at the meet.
////????////
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/28/2013 11:07AM - in reply to Athleticsillustrated Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
had Mexico had a half decent 4th man in the JM division they would have won that one quite handily.

I could easily see Levins being ready for worlds. a big sign he is training through is when it is a low-competition meet and he is holding back for a short kick.
a bigger indication as to how he will be ready will be based on the Milrose Games 2-mile
welcome to the machine
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/28/2013 11:27AM - in reply to Athleticsillustrated Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Athleticsillustrated wrote:

Added full individual and team results under the article, here: http://athleticsillustrated.com/editorial/team-canada-nearly-sweeps-at-nacac/

Also, a little birdie told me that Cameron Levins was holding off - as per usual - to unleash his ferocious kick. Apparently, he left it too long, but otherwise would have won and potentially Canada could have won 4 of 4 races at the meet.


Even if Levins had outkicked Forys, the USA would've won. Do they teach math in Canada?
Athleticsillustrated
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/28/2013 11:51AM - in reply to welcome to the machine Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No, no math in Canada.

Of course who knows if Levins would have gone harder from the beginning he may have caused others to run a different race behind him...maybe...maybe if he ran the legs off the American early on, the American would have been back farther, by the end. Maybe, maybe not.

Tactics and the dynamics of the human mind and spirit and will are difficult to apply math to.
Galen_Rupp_1
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/28/2013 11:54AM - in reply to Athleticsillustrated Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Athleticsillustrated wrote:

No, no math in Canada.

Of course who knows if Levins would have gone harder from the beginning he may have caused others to run a different race behind him...maybe...maybe if he ran the legs off the American early on, the American would have been back farther, by the end. Maybe, maybe not.

Tactics and the dynamics of the human mind and spirit and will are difficult to apply math to.


It is hard to kick after a 180 mile week.
Camel Ronevins
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/28/2013 3:11PM - in reply to Galen_Rupp_1 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Did he run a 180 mile week before hand? If so, then perhaps NACAC wasn't as important to shine at. Maybe he is saving it for World's.

Or did he just wait too long to kick.
fcgthj
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/28/2013 3:22PM - in reply to Athleticsillustrated Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Athleticsillustrated wrote:

No, no math in Canada.

Of course who knows if Levins would have gone harder from the beginning he may have caused others to run a different race behind him...maybe...maybe if he ran the legs off the American early on, the American would have been back farther, by the end. Maybe, maybe not.

Tactics and the dynamics of the human mind and spirit and will are difficult to apply math to.


That post went right over your head didn't it?
unbiased track writer
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/28/2013 9:57PM - in reply to Athleticsillustrated Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Athleticsillustrated wrote:

http://athleticsillustrated.com/editorial/team-canada-nearly-sweeps-at-nacac/


You might want to mention in the article that the USA didn't exactly sent their strongest team of athletes.
link me please
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/29/2013 9:11AM - in reply to Athleticsillustrated Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Athleticsillustrated wrote:

Added full individual and team results under the article, here: http://athleticsillustrated.com/editorial/team-canada-nearly-sweeps-at-nacac/

Also, a little birdie told me that Cameron Levins was holding off - as per usual - to unleash his ferocious kick. Apparently, he left it too long, but otherwise would have won and potentially Canada could have won 4 of 4 races at the meet.


Thanks for the info. IMHO there isn't enough reporting on events like these, appreciate people going out of there way to fill these gaps.
Athleticsillustrated
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/29/2013 10:07AM - in reply to unbiased track writer Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thank you for your feedback.

I actually started to talk about that in the article - how the U.S. did not send their very best therefore would have performed better yet. Then I realized Canada was missing Mohammed Ahmed, who would have very likely finished behind Levins by a handful of seconds like he had at National Cross Country Championships. So Canada could have sent a better team too. So I didn't bother because this is a smaller championships and likely every team could have been better...this was not the Worlds or Olympics.

What you may not be aware of, is Athletics Illustrated will be the new Canadian Affiliate on the MileSplit Network soon. The content will continue to be international, but from a Canadian perspective written in Canadian Style English.
Filthy American
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/29/2013 12:55PM - in reply to Athleticsillustrated Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"Canadian Style English." Ha.
unbiased track writer
RE: No news on NACACs? US Men win. CDA wins 3 of 4 races 1/29/2013 1:03PM - in reply to Athleticsillustrated Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Athleticsillustrated wrote:

Thank you for your feedback.

I actually started to talk about that in the article - how the U.S. did not send their very best therefore would have performed better yet. Then I realized Canada was missing Mohammed Ahmed, who would have very likely finished behind Levins by a handful of seconds like he had at National Cross Country Championships. So Canada could have sent a better team too. So I didn't bother because this is a smaller championships and likely every team could have been better...this was not the Worlds or Olympics.

What you may not be aware of, is Athletics Illustrated will be the new Canadian Affiliate on the MileSplit Network soon. The content will continue to be international, but from a Canadian perspective written in Canadian Style English.


Sorry, I didn't actually read this article before posting. Was just assuming based on others you've written that were overly optimistic.