Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
spade detector
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 4:10PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Dude, you're psycho. Like wall-covered-with-newspapers-and-photos psycho. Get help.
Link
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 4:17PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
A Duck:

I actually agree with you about the Rupp bashing in HS. He was a child then. There's no excuse for them allowing that. And I'm sure this will get this whole thread deleted, but the BroJos are not exactly consistent when it comes to their treatment of PED users. I'd rather this thread not be deleted, so I won't say more than that, but, if you noted that - I didn't read your entire screed - then I'm with you completely.

BUT - your fanboy fawning over all things Nike and UO is pitiful and prevents what you're saying about Rupp from being taken more seriously than it should. You could well be a paid mole for Nike - or, heck, Salazar himself.

The fact is that Nike cares first and foremost about victory and selling their products. The fact is that they are the sociopaths. Think about all of the Nike athletes who have been busted for drugs and think, too, about Nikes behavior in the wake of those busts. It's a shameful history.

I yelled myself hoarse watching the Olympic 10k. I was ecstactc. It could only have been better, for me, if Rupp had won. BUT if I would be willing to bet my house on the fact that NOP is on the other side - probably way on the other side - of any line that most of us would draw when it comes to PEDs. I know this, I knew it before the 3:50. I still root for Rupp, though, because most of the other guys in the Olympic finals are probably users too. Plus, I like Rupp because he's so picked on here.

But that said, unless you are Salazar, or someone on the inside of NOP, you don't know that the real tragedy of Rupp's life is not that some internet trolls called him gay, it's that he's been groomed by a maniacal fanatic to fulfill some relatively meaningless ambition that may not have ever really belonged to 16 year old Galen (sure to us a Silver in the Olympics is everything but Gold, but, to 99.99% of the world, it's not terribly special). What if Rupp has been pumped full of chemicals from a relatively early age? It's one explanation for Rupp's great performances in high school - and it's not like he would be alone in that - 3/4 of high school football players probably take something. It's just that he was getting the best or most dangerous drugs available straight from a guy for whom buildings are named on Nike Campus. If this is true, then Rupp looks a bit more like Jon Benet.

I don't know, and, probably, neither do you, but I do know Nike and I just have a bad feeling about all of this.

I hope my fears are not justified. Time will tell.
Backbone MAE
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 4:24PM - in reply to P White Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
4 out of 5 responses have the same IP addr in portland. why is that? does nike own this website?
FogRunner
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 4:42PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wow. That was quite a rant. Embarassing. And scary. Rx: Stay away from LRC, because your passion overwhelms you. Just walk away.
-Responding to A Duck's long rant, which need not be repeated
agip
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 4:54PM - in reply to FogRunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
A Duck - awesome performance. And an excellent reason why there should not be registration. You can only go crackers like that anonymously.

As for Rupp and lrc - one of the Jos has repeatedly said that the rupp bashing is not their fault - they say that they have a filter that doesn't let you use the words 'gay' and 'rupp' in the same post. Which is tough, because Tyson and Galen could conceivably be discussed in the same post.

Anyway, they say they have no animus toward Rupp editorially - that the brojos are not responsible for message board rants.
WADA/USADA
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 4:57PM - in reply to P White Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What a joke WADA/USADA are letting these phony times through!
wejo
co-founder
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 5:28PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For those skeptics who want to understand how Rupp has gotten so fast, maybe you are thinking about it wrong.

Maybe he still not that "fast", he just just keeps getting stronger. Like when people asked Chris Derrick last year if he was worried about his leg speed and he pointed out, it's not like people close races faster than he can run a 400. So from him point he just needs to be able to maintain what speed he has.

Think of Gebrselassie. I don't think of think of him that "fast" per say but he won the world indoor 1500m title because he was so strong he could just knock out 28 seconds laps.

It's not a perfect analogy because Geb never struggled to break 4, but then again no one has ever trained like Rupp in the history of the world.

Alberto hates the "mad scientist" comparison but then he consults all these scientists and uses all these gadgets. Galen has trained like a pro with every device known to mankind not to get injured, since he was in high school. If you improve each year, you're going to be pretty damn good.

So maybe Rupp still isn't that fast. He just doesn't slow down.
Barakus Obama
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 5:54PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
A Duck, you are embarrassing for all ducks and if Salazar or Galen reads this I'm sure they will shake their head about your stupidity.

Do you not see how you make everything worse for them?

YOU = Make them look worse, every damn post by you make them look worse.

How do you think making crazy fanboy comments about Rupp will make it anything better? If you had taken a basic college class in psychology you would know (like the average guy knows) that they way you act not only makes Rupp seems more suspicious, it also makes people want to bash him more. You are the crazy lunatic fan that no sports hero likes, you are the guy they are embarrassed about.

For Rupps sake, stop it.


If you are such a defender of clean athletes, why do you only defend and talk about doping in regards to the NOP? Why aren't you defending the 2012 Olympic Champion in the 1500m? If you know who that is...?


And btw, there is nothing wrong about being gay, or are you a homophobe as well as an idiot?



Be a man and Buckle up! Lets see you answer anything not made on your terms kiddo.
welcome to the machine
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 6:37PM - in reply to Barakus Obama Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Barakus Obama wrote:

A Duck, you are embarrassing for all ducks and if Salazar or Galen reads this I'm sure they will shake their head about your stupidity.

Do you not see how you make everything worse for them?

YOU = Make them look worse, every damn post by you make them look worse.

How do you think making crazy fanboy comments about Rupp will make it anything better? If you had taken a basic college class in psychology you would know (like the average guy knows) that they way you act not only makes Rupp seems more suspicious, it also makes people want to bash him more. You are the crazy lunatic fan that no sports hero likes, you are the guy they are embarrassed about.

For Rupps sake, stop it.


If you are such a defender of clean athletes, why do you only defend and talk about doping in regards to the NOP? Why aren't you defending the 2012 Olympic Champion in the 1500m? If you know who that is...?


And btw, there is nothing wrong about being gay, or are you a homophobe as well as an idiot?



Be a man and Buckle up! Lets see you answer anything not made on your terms kiddo.


+1
Here is a question
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 7:06PM - in reply to Backbone MAE Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Backbone MAE wrote:

4 out of 5 responses have the same IP addr in portland. why is that? does nike own this website?


I sometimes see folks talk about posts having the same IP address. How do you know? How does one see the IP address of a poster?

Thanks.
Recognizer of a Pawning
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 7:08PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

A Duck wrote:


P White wrote:

I used my first initial and my second name. My first name is Patrick if that makes my post more relevant. I have posted on these boards maybe 10 tens in 6/7 years so I have no well known handle. I actually think the forum in general is pretty poor due to anonymous trolling but I wanted to make a point directly at the Letsrun guys.

I think you are kidding yourself if you think that major increases in performance from athletes in their late 20s should not be questioned. I would love for the sport to be clean enough where they can be believed without question but that is not that the case. To stop doubting is to give up and let the whole thing be dirty.

I'm not saying I believe either Rupp or Solomon are using. Incidentally, my personal but irrelevant opinion is that one of them is dirty). I'm saying they need to be questioned in the same manner that Morrocans or Russians or sprinters get questioned.

Considering the tone of your posts, I suspect you are the type of person who vociferously and agressively defended Lance from the beginning. The kind of guy who hurled vitriol at Walsh and Kimmage for having the guts and the professionalism to ask the questions. I love the 'how dare you' tone of the posts considering I have not accused anybody of anything.



Patrick:

Obviously you don't know this site very well, you must be new. How about this, let's post a hundred pictures of you up here. Let's have the owners encourage people to call you a doper, and a homosexual, for...let's make it an even 5 years. And then you get back to me and we'll talk about "tone."


Wow Duck. You got totally pawned and you come back with, 'you must be new'?

Seriously?
You Need Help
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 7:13PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

A Duck wrote:

Wejo,

Stop with the straw man arguments, stop with the misdirections, apples and oranges distractions.

You really want do this again?

Buckle up.

See if you can be man enough not to delete the whole thread this time.

Is it possible you and your brother are a tad sociopaths? A tad delusional? Have you ever read any of psychology where it talks about twins supporting each others delusions? It's out there, you may want to seriously check it out. ...
.
.

Why was I repetitive? Because I felt you needed the repetition to get through your selective memory.


Dude, that was the worst, longest, most insane rant I have ever seen on these boards.

Take your meds. Please, for the sake of those around you, take your meds.
asics adidas new balance brook
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 7:30PM - in reply to Left Said Fred Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nike has more sponsorships and more money in the sport than any other company. They do not necessarily always pay the top money. I know two athletes currently competing, one runs for Nike, the other doesn't and both received lower offers from Nike. The athlete who runs for Nike was offered $5,000 less, the athlete who doesn't run for Nike was offered over $100,000 less.
Sagarin
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 7:30PM - in reply to You Need Help Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Not a man of few words myself, can someone please provide the cliff notes? A Duck, if it makes you feel any better, there's probably a reason Rupp comes off as "cold" in interviews with the letsrun clan, like Wejo's last year after his indoor two-mile record. I don't blame him either. All of the Rupp-certified BS is over the top. Nonetheless, Rupp is a big boy. You don't need to come on here fawning over the guy. He can handle it. And being SO defensive really does bring the question of "credibility" to the forefront.
P White
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 7:36PM - in reply to You Need Help Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
A Duck,

You are appear to have broken down there.

I cannot take you seriously because of the Nike comments though.

Are you really, really telling me that Nike has not, at the very least, been guilty of turning a blind eye to doping in sport? At worst, I suggest they are actively complicit in it.

Lance was Nike.
Marion Jones was Nike.
Tim Montgomery was Nike.
Regina Jacobs was Nike.
Alaoui Selsouli was Nike.
Carmelita Jeter is Nike.
Tim Block was Nike.
CJ Hunter was Nike.
Rashid Ramzi was Nike.
oatsandbananas
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 7:41PM - in reply to P White Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
So Nike is supposed to regulate and rule everyone's individual decisions? I don't live my life in such a controlling way.
Dr. Pepper
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 7:44PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
1) Nike is probably the number one supporter of this site.
2) Nike wants to sell product.
3) Letsrun wants to make money by selling more ads and getting more hits. Most people come to this site for the message boards and summary of events.
4) Salazar wants to win.
5) Somewhere between the 1st Amendment and Child Protection Laws is the vast vortex where calling Galen Rupp gay on a message board fits. I don't know how or why stuffs gets deleted, but if calling a teenager "gay" is a deletable message, then this board would be a wasteland.
6) The Nike/Salazar connection was felt to be an unfair advantage in high school and college. There are many who thought that Rupp should never have been eligbile at UO. The fact that he sat out the first semester because of Martin Smith (?) only added to this line of thinking. There are many NFL fans that hate John Elway and Eli Manning for forcing trades, and will always hate them. I know that is slightly different, but you get my drift.
7)In his professional career, Rupp has done nothing but get better and stay healthy. However, in this day and age, anyone is a target. While we all believe his speed improvement is possible, to assume with 100% certainty he is clean is a fairy tale Beav.
oatsandbananas
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 7:49PM - in reply to Dr. Pepper Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
turn off your brain. Just do it.
subfive
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 8:06PM - in reply to deanouk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

deanouk wrote:

I am astounded how 1 good run by Rupp has caused so much nonsense and ignorance.
For a start running a 3:51 mile, and let's get this clear, 3:50.97 is 3:51 not 3:50, is nothing "astounding" as some people seem to make out, for one of the world's leading 5000m runners. Moorcroft ran sub 3:50 after running 13:00 some 31 years ago, on slower tracks and with less training knowledge than what Rupp is used to with Nike.

The idea that because he ran 3:51 indoors he must be capable of 3:48 outdoors is also a nonsense. Looking at the splits they were pretty even at around 57.5 a quarter. He is clearly in good shape for this time of year, but a 3:51 is just that NOT 3:48. While sprinters are going to be slowed down somewhat on the tighter 200 tracks, the difference for milers is negligible, and certainly not worth 3 Secs! And there is no wind or extreme temperature affecting an indoor performance.
So I see no reason why a world leading 5000m runner running an indoor 3:51 mile off almost perfect pacing, is any cause for raising dope issues?

The constant obsession with Rupp, whatever he seems to do, is baffling and I hope he doesn't read them. He's either being accused of being doped to the gills or else people say he's the greatest ever and going to break US/world records at a variety of distances based on 1 mile result. Both extremes are wide of the mark. People need to get a better sense of reality.

========================
A 3:50.xx indoor mile is a big deal for a 5/10k specialist. I think that makes Rupp the 8 or 9th fastest American ever. And it does suggest he can go sub 3:50. It's impressive.
pass the popcorn
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 1/27/2013 8:09PM - in reply to oatsandbananas Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
this thread just keeps getting better!
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |