Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
A Duck
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 1:30AM - in reply to P White Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wheldon:

"Everytime I see Galen Rupp I'm not going to ask him about doping. Why would I do that? All I'm doing with this thread is saying it is ok for people to discuss whether they believe athlete X or Y is doping."


CONTEXT is everything.

1. Neither you nor your brother has ever asked Rupp or Salazar ONCE.

2. You claim to be "asking the questions that credentialed journalists don't ask."

I proved you are lying with that claim.

This is what I mean about your BS or misdirection. Did I SAY you should ask Rupp EVERYTIME you see him. No, what I said is YOU NEVER ask him.

And, when you jump on a thread fueling this crp and support others to slander and post false accusations ("now this is the kind of post I don't like*") you have a higher responsibility.

You like others "speculating and asking questions," then nut up and have the balls to ask Rupp yourself, AT LEAST ONCE.

It blows my mind that all your little coward fan boys let that one slip. You got access, ask the question, big guy.

You don't, because you and I both know that you have seen Rupp so many times since he was a teenager, that you know he is clean. He pasts the sniff test totally, and you know it.
A Duck
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 1:35AM - in reply to wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thyroid medications?

What you fail to point out is that there are so many threads on that already, with pretty damned good information from medical types, maybe even doctors, and thyroid patients.


Secondly, you are no-way, no-how qualified to write that article.

Better: contact someone at a good source in sport science and ask them write something for you.

Even Better: Ask Alberto. (Oh wait, you can't get access? Supply the questions to your friends at Flotrack, they interview him all the time it seems. Oh wait, you have a bad reputation with Flotrack*)

*Let's look at that a minute. Why did Flotrack inanely go off on LRC and want a debate?

This is why I think they did -- BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE REPUTATION THIS CESSPOOL HAS FOR TRASHING PEOPLE -- and they overreacted (clearly and stupidly).
A Duck
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 2:01AM - in reply to wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
re:

"Marco did ask Galen about his TUEs at the Olympics and reported to me that Galen said, "About my
personal medical record I do not talk." Does that mean Galen is doping? No."

Exactly, it means nothing.

Knowing Rupp, it means, "I heard about how much sht I got on that internet site for wearing an asthma mask, so there's no upside to talking openly about any of this stuff anymore."

That totally fits the Rupp I know.
A Duck
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 2:05AM - in reply to wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Weldon:

"With this thread we are saying it is ok for people to post and discuss whether athlete X or Y is doping. It leads to a cleaner sport."


Complete delusion.

Your website, and these boards, have in NO WAY lead to a cleaner sport.

You and the anonymous peanut gallery, have absolutely ZERO effect on doping in the sport.

ZERO.

That's the real world answer, Weldon.

And the cost?

Your brand has absolutely ZERO credibility.
jonesy johnson
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 2:07AM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You were likely a Lance Armstrong defender, and even if you were not, you have your head too far up Salazar's rear to even see or think clearly.
A Duck
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 2:12AM - in reply to wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Weldon,

You're so lame in your reasoning sometimes it is maddening.

Regarding Salazars: http://law.duke.edu/sites/default/files/migrated_files/dl_file-sportscenter-salazar_4.pdf


What happened on the threads and posts about that paper; is that people claimed that that meant that Salazar was PRO doping.

And you idiots just let it stand. It was his way of saying that others are doping.

And he's damned right, testing back then is nowhere near where it is today.

AND, smart guy, while you were asking him that, why didn't you ask him if his athletes were doping?

If you REALLY believe what Simmonds said, then you'd ask the question.
A Duck
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 2:35AM - in reply to wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Regarding Simmonds article:

Duh.

But, we are talking apples and oranges here.

America doesn't care about MLB, NBA, NFL etc., because they are being entertained.

Ben Johnson made them doubt sprinting.

That's about it.

What has happened here over the years is not an open conversation. It has overwhelmingly been focused on one guy and his coach.

Tell me this...if you had magical proof that Salazar's program is clean, insider knowledge, would you stop the smearing, and slander, and hatefest you've fueled for over half a decade?

Because that is what has really gone on here.

Let me make it even clearer for you.


Acceptable: Well reasoned and researched articles asking questions, presenting cases.

Acceptable: Asking direct questions of athletes and coaches.


Unacceptable: Supporting anonymous idiots misrepresenting quotes by coaches or athletes.

Unacceptable: Allowing anonymous idiots to post things like "I have it from a guy who got it from a guy who knows" which is what you have allowed endemically on these forums from day one.

Unacceptable: Allowing anonymous idiots to post outright lies and distortions, that you know are lies or distortions and then letting them stay on your boards. Lies and distortions don't come under your stated values of supporting "questions and speculation."

There is no defense for allowing lies to stay up.
silent applause
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 2:41AM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wow, I know A Duck doesn't have the best rep around here, but a lot of the stuff he posts is spot on .

He has completely PWND the Brojos in this thread.

Wejo tries to get on here and throw out some weak banter as if he's actually addressing pertinent points, but he isn't and he just gets blown out the door.

This place is pathetic most of the time, and the Brojos' journalism is a joke nearly all the time. I don't know why nearly everyone is so adamant about hurling abuse towards elites and their coaches but it's nutty and does no one any good.
jonesy johnson
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 2:47AM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

A Duck wrote:

Regarding Simmonds article:

Duh.

But, we are talking apples and oranges here.

America doesn't care about MLB, NBA, NFL etc., because they are being entertained.

Ben Johnson made them doubt sprinting.

That's about it.

What has happened here over the years is not an open conversation. It has overwhelmingly been focused on one guy and his coach.

Tell me this...if you had magical proof that Salazar's program is clean, insider knowledge, would you stop the smearing, and slander, and hatefest you've fueled for over half a decade?

Because that is what has really gone on here.

Let me make it even clearer for you.


Acceptable: Well reasoned and researched articles asking questions, presenting cases.

Acceptable: Asking direct questions of athletes and coaches.


Unacceptable: Supporting anonymous idiots misrepresenting quotes by coaches or athletes.

Unacceptable: Allowing anonymous idiots to post things like "I have it from a guy who got it from a guy who knows" which is what you have allowed endemically on these forums from day one.

Unacceptable: Allowing anonymous idiots to post outright lies and distortions, that you know are lies or distortions and then letting them stay on your boards. Lies and distortions don't come under your stated values of supporting "questions and speculation."

There is no defense for allowing lies to stay up.



This sounds like Lance Armstrong before he finally confessed. None of your b.s. means anything, A Duck, and the fact is that you deep down know it. Either that or you're really stupid and infatuated with your idols.
Moronic
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 3:02AM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

A Duck wrote:


Moronic wrote:


Classless act P wrote:


Moronic wrote:



Lance doesn't agree with you re doping, and he would know:

"...it's about ALL endurance sports."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lance-armstrong-exclusive-interview


What does that have to do with anything.




The anything it has to do with is you saying: "It's ridiculous to try and compare the two.", cycling and running(in the context of this thread), both endurance sports. Idiot.



You want to talk about who the idiot is?

You.

UCI flip-flopped on Bio Passports.

IAAF did not.

The comparison, you moron, is between UCI and IAAF.

If you had a brain in your head you would get that.

The two sports have nothing to do with each other IN AN INTELLIGENT AND FINAL ANALYSIS, BECAUSE THEY HAVE DIFFERENT GOVERNING BODIES OVERSEEING THE TESTING.




"The two sports have nothing to do with each other..."

Cycling = Endurance - Running = Endurance

Get it?, idiot.
A Duck
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 3:12AM - in reply to P White Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

P White wrote:


Classless act P wrote:
Are you kidding ME, Patrick?

Why do you think you can SLANDER someone (because this is exactly what you're doing) just because YOU decided that they improved too quickly?

What in the world gives you the right to drag people's names through the mud with ZERO EVIDENCE other than an performance that YOU decided was "too good"?

Undoubtedly you have ZERO practical knowledge of the training and performance level of these athletes to begin with, so your arm-chair quarterback antics are even more heinous.

It's despicable, and the Brojos endorsing your behavior has become one the staple reasons why this board does more to hurt than help the sport.



Where did i slander anyone?

The whole thread has mainly referred to Rupp specifically so I will say that I personally believe that Ruupp is not taking anything banned. He is doing nothing against the rules of the sport. I will reserve use of the word 'clean' because I guess those guys are on lots of stuff that is not on the banned list but certainly I think he is legitimately following the rules of the sport.




The problem Patrick White is that you don't get it. Rather than show your knowledge of Rupp's progression. Rather than list out the public knowledge of Salazar's training and approach...you just post accusations. And then deny it. And WTF is "I guess those guys are on lots of stuff."

Dude, you've let too many anonymous people fill you with bad info and bad faith.

Based on your approach and evidence, how would you like to be accused of a crime at work?
Moronic
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 3:18AM - in reply to Classless act P Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Classless act P wrote:


Moronic wrote:


"We're talking about Lance vs. Rupp"

Lance = endurance athlete - Rupp = endurance athlete.

Get it?, idiot.


Lance comes back from cancer and wins 7 TdFs at a time when people are coming out of the woodwork describing the drug issue in cycling (Festina & Voet, etc).

Rupp runs a time that he essentially ran last year.




Err, yes, so? What's that got to do with anything I've posted?

My initial post was: "Short term pain (hurt) for long term gain perhaps?

Look at cycling, where would it be now if the Paul Kimmage's of this world had been given more of an airing?"

Your response was: "It's ridiculous to try and compare the two."

My response was:

"Lance doesn't agree with you re doping, and he would know:

"...it's about ALL endurance sports."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lance-armstrong-exclusive-interview "

Cycling = Endurance - Running = Endurance

Get it?, idiot.
A Duck
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 3:21AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Again,

Missing in all this was all your coverage of Rupp's training being changed 3+ years ago before he ran 3:57 at Dempsey.

I could repeat my self 20 times, the whole change and progression was talked about from the time he ran an 800 at Oregon till now.


Leave it to a Lojo to state half the history.
Moronic
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 3:29AM - in reply to wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

wejo wrote:


I do think someone should do an article on thyroid medication and its possible potential for abuse by athletes in light of Jos Hermen's comments at the Olympics. (Jos Hermens said to Dutch journalist Marco Knippen who translated the quotes into English and emailed them to me, "Science has triumphed over nature. Formally Farah and Rupp are doing nothing illegal. I rather just questioning if Farah during a doping control hands a laundry list of products specified, for which he apparently has a certificate." and "Within the environment knows almost everyone that it is used. Thyroid hormone affects all. I do not understand why it is not on the banned list.")



Doesn't matter which side of the fence you stand, this has got to raise a few eyebrows and prompt people to, rightly or wrongly, "ask the questions!".
A Duck
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 3:39AM - in reply to Link Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Link wrote:

A Duck:

I actually agree with you about the Rupp bashing in HS. He was a child then. There's no excuse for them allowing that. And I'm sure this will get this whole thread deleted, but the BroJos are not exactly consistent when it comes to their treatment of PED users. I'd rather this thread not be deleted, so I won't say more than that, but, if you noted that - I didn't read your entire screed - then I'm with you completely.

BUT - your fanboy fawning over all things Nike and UO is pitiful and prevents what you're saying about Rupp from being taken more seriously than it should. You could well be a paid mole for Nike - or, heck, Salazar himself.

The fact is that Nike cares first and foremost about victory and selling their products. The fact is that they are the sociopaths. Think about all of the Nike athletes who have been busted for drugs and think, too, about Nikes behavior in the wake of those busts. It's a shameful history.

I yelled myself hoarse watching the Olympic 10k. I was ecstactc. It could only have been better, for me, if Rupp had won. BUT if I would be willing to bet my house on the fact that NOP is on the other side - probably way on the other side - of any line that most of us would draw when it comes to PEDs. I know this, I knew it before the 3:50. I still root for Rupp, though, because most of the other guys in the Olympic finals are probably users too. Plus, I like Rupp because he's so picked on here.

But that said, unless you are Salazar, or someone on the inside of NOP, you don't know that the real tragedy of Rupp's life is not that some internet trolls called him gay, it's that he's been groomed by a maniacal fanatic to fulfill some relatively meaningless ambition that may not have ever really belonged to 16 year old Galen (sure to us a Silver in the Olympics is everything but Gold, but, to 99.99% of the world, it's not terribly special). What if Rupp has been pumped full of chemicals from a relatively early age? It's one explanation for Rupp's great performances in high school - and it's not like he would be alone in that - 3/4 of high school football players probably take something. It's just that he was getting the best or most dangerous drugs available straight from a guy for whom buildings are named on Nike Campus. If this is true, then Rupp looks a bit more like Jon Benet.

I don't know, and, probably, neither do you, but I do know Nike and I just have a bad feeling about all of this.

I hope my fears are not justified. Time will tell.



You can trust it. I posted here a year or two ago that one reason Rupp is so good is that he genuinely loves running.

Alberto's interview a few days ago? He talks about how a key to it all is that Galen actually loves running.
jonesy johnson
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 3:44AM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

A Duck wrote:
You can trust it. I posted here a year or two ago that one reason Rupp is so good is that he genuinely loves running.

Alberto's interview a few days ago? He talks about how a key to it all is that Galen actually loves running.




Well, this should end the thread. Galen loves running. Galen genuinely loves running. That should put to rest any suspicions about PEDs. Galen actually loves running. End of thread.
A Duck
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 3:47AM - in reply to Link Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
None of this matters in relation to Rupp/NOP etc.

It's been mentioned before that Nike loses money on track and field in the USA.
rekrunner
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 3:52AM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Duck,

What is wrong with you? You are way over-reacting.

Name calling is not hate crime or cyber bullying. It doesn't take much thought to tweak Galen's name, given his boyish appearance, but most people here can't give much thought.

As a matter of principle, Wejo and Rojo should not be censoring free speech. It's not nice to call people names, but this is a public forum -- people are not nice, especially when anonymous.

Zero Tolerance is the wrong answer for any problem. It never solved a problem, and always makes it worse.

Read the "rules". People who post are responsible and liable for what they say. Why do you hold Wejo and Rojo liable? The forum is largely unmoderated. Letsrun can delete what they want for any reason they want. It all in the "Terms and Conditions" everyone agrees to before they are allowed to post.

Wejo and Rojo do not owe Rupp and his family any apology.
A Duck
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 3:55AM - in reply to jonesy johnson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

jonesy johnson wrote:


A Duck wrote:

Regarding Simmonds article:

Duh.

But, we are talking apples and oranges here.

America doesn't care about MLB, NBA, NFL etc., because they are being entertained.

Ben Johnson made them doubt sprinting.

That's about it.

What has happened here over the years is not an open conversation. It has overwhelmingly been focused on one guy and his coach.

Tell me this...if you had magical proof that Salazar's program is clean, insider knowledge, would you stop the smearing, and slander, and hatefest you've fueled for over half a decade?

Because that is what has really gone on here.

Let me make it even clearer for you.


Acceptable: Well reasoned and researched articles asking questions, presenting cases.

Acceptable: Asking direct questions of athletes and coaches.


Unacceptable: Supporting anonymous idiots misrepresenting quotes by coaches or athletes.

Unacceptable: Allowing anonymous idiots to post things like "I have it from a guy who got it from a guy who knows" which is what you have allowed endemically on these forums from day one.

Unacceptable: Allowing anonymous idiots to post outright lies and distortions, that you know are lies or distortions and then letting them stay on your boards. Lies and distortions don't come under your stated values of supporting "questions and speculation."

There is no defense for allowing lies to stay up.



This sounds like Lance Armstrong before he finally confessed. None of your b.s. means anything, A Duck, and the fact is that you deep down know it. Either that or you're really stupid and infatuated with your idols.



Joansey; I am going to assume you haven't been around here very long.

These people are not my idols. Unlike anyone else on this board, I've spent considerable time with them in real life land.
A Duck
RE: Solomon suddenly world class and Rupp soloing 3.50 indoor miles - Come on Letsun, ask the questions! 2/6/2013 3:58AM - in reply to Moronic Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Moronic wrote:


A Duck wrote:


Moronic wrote:


Classless act P wrote:


Moronic wrote:



Lance doesn't agree with you re doping, and he would know:

"...it's about ALL endurance sports."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lance-armstrong-exclusive-interview


What does that have to do with anything.




The anything it has to do with is you saying: "It's ridiculous to try and compare the two.", cycling and running(in the context of this thread), both endurance sports. Idiot.



You want to talk about who the idiot is?

You.

UCI flip-flopped on Bio Passports.

IAAF did not.

The comparison, you moron, is between UCI and IAAF.

If you had a brain in your head you would get that.

The two sports have nothing to do with each other IN AN INTELLIGENT AND FINAL ANALYSIS, BECAUSE THEY HAVE DIFFERENT GOVERNING BODIES OVERSEEING THE TESTING.




"The two sports have nothing to do with each other..."

Cycling = Endurance - Running = Endurance

Get it?, idiot.



So Usain Bolt is an Endurance Athlete?


You're an idiot.

In the context of this thread, not including governing bodies and the fact that UCI hesitated and flip flopped on Bio Passports when IAAF did not, is MORE RELEVANT.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |