Stating the obvious
Landis proved again that he is as much of a scum as Armstrong 1/18/2013 5:21PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This is a pile on law suit if ever there was one.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-team/landis-case-lance-wet-whistle-tune-90m-article-1.1241686
Landis wouldn't be trying to get some payola for something he was totally in collusion for, would he? Oh wait...

The False Claims Act allows whistleblowers to sue those they allege defrauded the government. The government has the right to intervene, and given the DOJs massive legal and investigative powers, it could essentially take over the case. Landis could collect up to 25% of any money the government recovers. Since the USPS paid more than $30 million between 2001 and 2004 to sponsor the team and the suit seeks treble damages Landis could receive a substantial windfall.
Ternowski
RE: Landis proved again that he is as much of a scum as Armstrong 1/18/2013 5:26PM - in reply to Stating the obvious Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
if he gets the money, I hope Mr. Landis will pay back those he defrauded by asking them to contribute to his defense fund when he was as guilty as sin.
long sox
RE: Landis proved again that he is as much of a scum as Armstrong 1/18/2013 5:50PM - in reply to Ternowski Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Lance fans still hate Landis and want to forgive Lance.

From my understanding, Landis has been ordered to pay back that money or he could face jail time, so if he wins in the whistleblower suit against Armstrong, those who have claimed for return of the defence fund contributions get their money back.