Good Art
from Dan Gable when reading 'A Fighters Mind' on PED 1/18/2013 3:53PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"If I knew I was going to Wrestle in the finals of the Olympics against a Russian and I knew he had been training specifically to beat me, but then I knew the guy was on Steroids, That would HELP me. Whereas some might think 'oh he's cheating, for me you didn't pay the price. You're not as committed as I am. It'll tear him apart. He may be strong, but all I have to do during that 9 minutes of wrestling is loosen one single wire in his brain, make him do something that isn't perfect, and he'll fall apart."from Dan Gable when reading 'A Fighters Mind'
hard core
RE: from Dan Gable when reading 'A Fighters Mind' on PED 1/18/2013 5:48PM - in reply to Good Art Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Exactly.
steely3425
RE: from Dan Gable when reading 'A Fighters Mind' on PED 1/20/2013 7:27PM - in reply to Good Art Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
And what does this have to due with a endurance sport like cycling or running?
One quick move cannot create a win.
Good Art
RE: from Dan Gable when reading 'A Fighters Mind' on PED 1/20/2013 7:36PM - in reply to steely3425 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

steely3425 wrote:

And what does this have to due with a endurance sport like cycling or running?
One quick move cannot create a win.

The mind is the most important part of the process, and anything that could sabotage one's attitude or resolve is worthy of examination.