Pages: | 1 | 2 |
armstrong's biggest fan
THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 2:37PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I have and always will admire lance, not for his lies and personal/character issues, but for his athletic accomplishments,determination, and charity
(PREFACE: yes I know lance is a pathological lier and has been a horrible person in the past)

FACTS US LANCE SUPPORTERS CAN STILL HANG OUR HAT's ON
(IN NO ORDER):
1. Undoubtedly the greatest cyclist ever
(if you think otherwise you simply don't know the sport)
2. Placed 3rd in the tour clean, past his primeand against cheats
3. LIVESTRONG
4. Overcame a bout with very serious cancers to win 7 tours in a row
(inspiration)
5. Don't fool yourself, lance is not a ton worse character wise than his teamates, the only reason they speak out against him is because they got caught first, were going to get caught/punished, or have profited from doing so.

Haters forget they're not perfect either and probably have some deep seeded personal issues themselves that they find easier to not address and instead attack someone else who has more publicized issues (who by the way has never done anything wrong to them personally)....(WEJO/ROJO)

Hate him if you want, but this is my stance on lance
PIH
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 2:44PM - in reply to armstrong's biggest fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
>>>Haters forget they're not perfect either and probably have some deep seeded personal issues themselves that they find easier to not address and instead attack someone else who has more publicized issues (who by the way has never done anything wrong to them personally).
PIH
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 2:48PM - in reply to PIH Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You may want to address this to a certain someone who also now resides in Austin, Texas
yyy
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 2:53PM - in reply to armstrong's biggest fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
he is the best responder to dope, which is not the necessarily
the best clean cyclist. It all depends on your gauge receptors.
ronner
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 2:58PM - in reply to armstrong's biggest fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
(IN NO ORDER):

We wouldn't know who he was if it weren't for the drugs. Different people respond differently depending on their blood makeup to the drugs. Lance happened to have blood that could benefit from drugs more than others.

2. Placed 3rd in the tour clean, past his prime and against cheats

Read about he blood passport from those two comeback tours. He was dirty enough to fill a landfill.

3. LIVESTRONG

People have benefited from Livestong. Too bad it is all based on a fake inspiration story.

(inspiration)

See responses to 1 and 3.

5. Don't fool yourself, lance is not a ton worse character wise than his teamates, the only reason they speak out against him is because they got caught first, were going to get caught/punished, or have profited from doing so.

I agree about his teammates. All dopers. That's why I knew he doped before all this came out about Lance. You can't stand on high ground about doping when everyone close to you is getting caught.
correct answerer
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 3:12PM - in reply to armstrong's biggest fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I am a Lance fan, but you clearly don't know the sport because Eddy Merckx is the greatest cyclist of all time. Lance was dominate at just the tour de france, nothing else. Eddy won it all, including the tour de france 5 times.
Armstrong's biggest fan
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 3:18PM - in reply to ronner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Everyone was dirty, the whole "responding to the dope better" argument Is a crock, he was the best ever
ArloTheHouseCat
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 3:22PM - in reply to armstrong's biggest fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
maybe you can watch fball and cheer on Ray Lewis too.. jeeze you are sad.

Pick someone else to idolize.
Mick Lovin
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 3:45PM - in reply to armstrong's biggest fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

armstrong's biggest fan wrote:

I have and always will admire lance, not for his lies and personal/character issues, but for his athletic accomplishments,determination, and charity
(PREFACE: yes I know lance is a pathological lier and has been a horrible person in the past)

(IN NO ORDER):
3. LIVESTRONG
(inspiration)

Haters forget they're not perfect either and probably have some deep seeded personal issues themselves that they find easier to not address and instead attack someone else who has more publicized issues (who by the way has never done anything wrong to them personally)....(WEJO/ROJO)

Hate him if you want, but this is my stance on lance

....and Sandusky was a great LB coach, right?
I still think he's innosent
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 3:58PM - in reply to armstrong's biggest fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
given the SLIGHT advantage doping gave the Lance, it's still pretty friggin INCREDIBLE that he won 7 TdF. As for his personality, well, DUH! Name one friggin sport that doesn't encourage a little trash talk. You people are friggin sick.
Armstrong's biggest fan
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 3:58PM - in reply to Mick Lovin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I feel bad for you morons that compare a pedophile and a murderer to a guy that took EPO
Shameful
ukathleticscoach
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 5:42PM - in reply to armstrong's biggest fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
'and has been a horrible person in the past)'

He's still a horrible person but just got caught

Still probably less of a jerk than you though
Armstrong's biggest fan
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 8:58PM - in reply to ukathleticscoach Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Cool bro
At the end of the day he's still lance Armstrong and you are still the miserable sap you were when you woke up today
bluechip
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 9:12PM - in reply to armstrong's biggest fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I respect Lance as an athlete. Whatever about the drugs, he is the GOAT cyclist.
GOP 4 ever!!
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 10:08PM - in reply to armstrong's biggest fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I agree. He reminds me of George Bush who once said: I will never apologize for the USA. He is a true Republican, a true American.

Lance 4 ever!!
Lance Romance
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 10:16PM - in reply to GOP 4 ever!! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Right now Lance is lying naked on his couch looking at the 7 framed TdF jerseys while reading texts from hundreds of ex-competitors and other professional athletes all saying "Lance I still consider you the TRUE 7 x Champ and greatest of all time."
World Class Hobby Jogger
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 10:28PM - in reply to armstrong's biggest fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Despite Lance admitting to using PEDs, I still believe he is and always was, clean.
Trialswatcher
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/18/2013 10:38PM - in reply to Lance Romance Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
some of the stupidest shit ever written, but, there is one thing inherently true, that is, he played ON a level playing field, even more so than Track and Field

The only folks that got shafted in these competitions were the guys that ran clean in the 20's, if there were any of those
never easy
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/19/2013 12:37AM - in reply to armstrong's biggest fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I honestly think Lance was always clean.
At first this 'confession' threw me, but now I have come to realize that Lance is doing it to clean up the sport overall. Even though he never used he is just saying he did so that the sport of cycling which he loves will get cleaned up.
It makes me admire him even more that he cares more about the sport than himself. This is the only way to make sense of all the clean tests and this so-called confession.
rojo
co-founder
RE: THE OFFICIAL LANCE SUPPORTER THREAD 1/19/2013 1:20AM - in reply to armstrong's biggest fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

armstrong's biggest fan wrote:

(IN NO ORDER):
(if you think otherwise you simply don't know the sport) -

RJ: didn't finish two or three tours pre-cancer and then finished 38th. didn't he also finish 38th in his comeback.

The rest is doping. Many have said his hermatocrit level was in the 30s and thus he benefitted way more than everyone else from doping.

RJ: I don't believe he was clean. One in a million. I think he's lying about that perhaps so his ex-wife can keep jobs, stay on foundation.

3. LIVESTRONG -

RJ: i've never understood why he gets any credit for cancer stuff. I'm serious.

i) everyone would try to beat cancer. the fact that he did isn't special.
ii) The whole foundation/bracelets , etc were done to raise his (and nike's) image in the public's eye. Great marketing and it enriched him to the tune of 100 million +. Friends have said he hated going to charity events.

Did he go to hospitals? Yes. I'm sure everyone would enjoy that at some level - particularly if you are getting paid 100 million plus.

iii) he also used the whole cancer thing as the #1 reason as to why he couldn't dope.

(inspiration)

RJ: Again see point #3.

Not an inspiraton. Again, everyone is trying to beat cancer. The fact that he won tours after that doesn't mean crap to me. He doped and possibly gave himself cancedr.

Hate him if you want, but this is my stance on lance..

RJ: This is the MOST laughable. His teammates didn't attack friends/employees who told the truth, sue people, lie under oath to win $7 million from a company (that's a $7 million theft), and most importantly use the whole cancer thing as the #1 reason as to why he couldn't dope.

When McGwire was exposed, he went away for years. Lance couldn't wait 3 months.

Pages: | 1 | 2 |