swim
saucony kinvara 3 or skechers go run ride? 1/18/2013 12:53PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Could not find user reviews on the new go run ride here looking to get this or the k3 to rotate with my pure flow. I did have the kinvara 2 I just could barely lace them because of the narrow fit. Any advice from users of these two low drop shoes would be appreciated!
Honky Lips
RE: saucony kinvara 3 or skechers go run ride? 1/18/2013 2:42PM - in reply to swim Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I have worn all three- Pure Flow, GoRun Ride, and Kinvara 3 (and several pairs of Kinvara 2). I really love all three- my favorite shoes in my rotation right now- but if I could only pick 1 to run in, it would be the GoRun Ride. They position your foot and body in such a way that it takes left effort to run with good form. My form sucks and I have to constantly think about how I am running and what I can do to correct my flaws. The Skechers help to make my form decent- it will never be good. The Flow and Kinvara are great shoes though- Kinvara less cushioning than the others and a slimmer fit. Flow is a little roomy for me, but a great shoe.
gorun fan
RE: saucony kinvara 3 or skechers go run ride? 1/18/2013 3:01PM - in reply to swim Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The Go Run Rides are more flexible, softer, and wider than the Kinvaras (and the Pure Flows). I'd suggest trying them on and seeing what you think. Good shoe choices though between the GoRunRides/Kinvaras/Pure Flows- might rotate in something more minimal too.
We be ham jammin
RE: saucony kinvara 3 or skechers go run ride? 1/18/2013 7:29PM - in reply to swim Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The go run we're okay but wore out pretty fast. The Kinvara's lasted much longer.
Randybgky
RE: saucony kinvara 3 or skechers go run ride? 10/22/2013 4:56PM - in reply to We be ham jammin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Maybe coincidence but I have also worn Saucony Kinvara 1,2 and 3...the Brooks Pure Flows and the Skechers GoRun And Go Run Ride 1 and 2. All around best show was the Skechers GRR2. Light flexible, room in the forefoot, great strike area, short 4mm heel/toe drop and I actually have more miles on GRR2s than the Kinvara 2. Kinvara 2 seemed to "harden up" after 200 miles or so but the Skechers have been good past 250. I put abt 60 miles/wk in on a medium frame. From my perspective Skechers has it right. I see the GRR3s are coming out soon.
Johnny38402
RE: saucony kinvara 3 or skechers go run ride? 10/28/2013 2:03PM - in reply to Randybgky Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I tested out the Kinvara 3 on a group run. I had the same problem in that it was way too narrow. I do all my long runs in Skechers GOrun Ride 2. Love it.
skechers
RE: saucony kinvara 3 or skechers go run ride? 10/29/2013 3:16PM - in reply to Johnny38402 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The skechers feel so cheap. maybe the light plasticky rubbery feel is a good thing, though...

you guys prefer the ride over the regular go run because of extra padding?
The other guy!
RE: saucony kinvara 3 or skechers go run ride? 10/29/2013 6:15PM - in reply to swim Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
does the go run ride have the mid foot bump?