jonesy johnson
What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 2:32AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Rupp's coach Salazar said you couldn't be in the top group in the world without doping. After Galen's silver and Farah's gold, I guess we all know what that means. Level the playing field, anyone?
rtfyg
RE: What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 7:53AM - in reply to jonesy johnson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What year did Salazar say that? Because it's very possible that if it was in the mid 90s to early 2000s then it was entirely true at the time. Look at when the current records were set. Look at how slow the Olympic winning times were last year. This isn't rocket surgery.
Galactica
RE: What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 7:59AM - in reply to jonesy johnson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"Couple more miles on the hydroworx after this!"
2 girls 1 rupp
RE: What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 8:02AM - in reply to jonesy johnson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He was thinking "uh-oh" then realized that he was sitting on a pile of money while watching it and thought "screw it"
bryce boi
RE: What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 8:13AM - in reply to rtfyg Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rtfyg wrote:

What year did Salazar say that? Because it's very possible that if it was in the mid 90s to early 2000s then it was entirely true at the time. Look at when the current records were set. Look at how slow the Olympic winning times were last year. This isn't rocket surgery.

What is "rocket surgery" exactly? Glane is clean. You bishes be jelly.
rtfyg
RE: What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 8:44AM - in reply to bryce boi Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

bryce boi wrote:

rtfyg wrote:

What is "rocket surgery" exactly? Glane is clean. You bishes be jelly.

Rocket surgery is a joke combining brain surgery and rocket science. That you couldn't recognize my post as a defense of Salazar makes it unsurprising that the joke would sail over your head.
the MAN in the TIN hat
RE: What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 8:55AM - in reply to rtfyg Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
How exactly does one enable a joke to sail in the air over one's head? Doe they make special rigging or is it something one must make in a custom rigging shop? And for the hull of the sailing vessel, does one use wood or do they manufacture a suitable hydrocarbon-based laminate that can suffice?

Or, does one write (with a standard #2 pencil) said joke on a piece of standard, notebook paper and fold said paper into a "paper airplane" and then throw said paper airplane over another one's head?

I am confused.
Recognizer of Ignorance
RE: What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 9:45AM - in reply to rtfyg Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rtfyg wrote:

You are going to cite the Olympic winning time as evidence of anything? Do you know anything at all about this sport?
rtfyg
RE: What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 9:53AM - in reply to Recognizer of Ignorance Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Recognizer of Ignorance wrote:

rtfyg wrote:

You are going to cite the Olympic winning time as evidence of anything? Do you know anything at all about this sport?

Yes and I understand that's an unpopular position. If you would like to say why you think I'm wrong then I'm open to hearing it. If you would like to tell me again that I don't know anything at all about track then I suggest you use that time more constructively.
Justin91
RE: What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 10:19AM - in reply to jonesy johnson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

jonesy johnson wrote:

Rupp's coach Salazar said you couldn't be in the top group in the world without doping. After Galen's silver and Farah's gold, I guess we all know what that means. Level the playing field, anyone?

I was assured by many wise and knowledgeable posters that the Olympic 10k was the least competitive in decades, and by a wide margin, and altogether unimpressive. As such, it constitutes no evidence for doping.
Randy Oldman
RE: What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 10:26AM - in reply to Justin91 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He was probably thinking "what an arrogant pr*ck"

There are a lot of jealous people on these forums.
jonesy johnson
RE: What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 2:36PM - in reply to Justin91 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Justin91 wrote:

jonesy johnson wrote:

I was assured by many wise and knowledgeable posters that the Olympic 10k was the least competitive in decades, and by a wide margin, and altogether unimpressive. As such, it constitutes no evidence for doping.

Of course, winning 7 Tours in a row constitutes no evidence of doping. Armstrong never had to face a truly great bicyclist in his prime.
yyy
RE: What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 2:57PM - in reply to jonesy johnson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Pantani and Eddy Mercx were pretty good! Zoetemelk too.
helloruppmo
RE: What Was Galen Rupp Thinking While Watching Lance Interview? 1/18/2013 3:15PM - in reply to yyy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
he is prob thinking, i hope that my day does not come any time soon