Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |
LetsRun.com
your benevolent dictator
Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 6:03PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The interview starts in 2 hours. It's time to pre-game:

If you are looking for other places that are covering it live, check out this list from our friends at the Science of Sport:

https://twitter.com/Scienceofsport/the-oprah-lance-live-list

In other news worthy of discussion, Lance has been stripped of his Olympic medal:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/17/sport/armstrong-doping/?hpt=hp_t1

Also Ricky Reilly is really mad as Lance played him on and off the record for years:

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/8852974/lance-armstrong-history-lying

Lance apologized this morning with the time consuming email of

"Riles, I'm sorry.

All I can say for now but also the most heartfelt thing too. Two very important words.

L"

As the interview goes on, please post your thoughts here.
LetsRun.com
your benevolent dictator
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 6:07PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Interesting tweet from Daniel Coyle:

DanielCoyle ‏@DanielCoyle

Im hearing LAs brain trust is *seriously* concerned about the answers LA gave to a couple of Oprahs questions
High Wire
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 6:11PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That e mail may not be lengthy, but since he had to send out thousands of similar ones, it is reasonable. EPO doesn't make you a faster typist.
rojo
co-founder
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 6:17PM - in reply to High Wire Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
One thing that comes into my mind is I'm pleasantly surprised that so many people are now coming out and ripping Lance, but it kind of reminds me like really popular songs on the Internet.

When a song is popular, I hear it a million times but the time it's actually #1 it seems so way after the fact. Like for me, Lance as a cheater was big this summer. But for the public, it's just now.

It's amazing how the sponsors dropping him this summer was a big tipping point and then even now - his oprah interview - is even a bigger one. I guess now it's like 100% official.
turkey leg
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 6:22PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Screw Lance and that sob story. I'll be running while it's shown.
brownsmith89
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 6:37PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i wouldn't be surprised if that email was ghostwritten by his publicist.
ftrddf
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 6:39PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hey Rojo, the cool kids who bothered to do the research and read the right books knew Lance was a fraud in 2004/2005, the reeeeeally cool kids knew in 1999. It's like America as a whole is 5 years behind Europe on the truth of the story.
whatda say?
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 6:44PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
is there online stream anywhere?
Science FTW
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 6:45PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
TheYoungTurks- 'CHEATER Lance Armstrong Confesses to Oprah'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f28Ga45s9zo
dfgh
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 6:46PM - in reply to ftrddf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

ftrddf wrote:

Hey Rojo, the cool kids who bothered to do the research and read the right books knew Lance was a fraud in 2004/2005, the reeeeeally cool kids knew in 1999. It's like America as a whole is 5 years behind Europe on the truth of the story.

I remember when he won the Tour for I think the fifth time and all the news stations here in the US were saying that the doping investigations were happening only because they didn't like an American winning the tour. It kinda makes me wonder if Lance had a PR guy feeding that idea to the media.
ftrddf
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 7:04PM - in reply to dfgh Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Imagine the balls it took to write this all the way back in 1999, knowing the wave of positivity surrounding the fairytale cancer saviour. Incredible.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/reserving-the-right-to-applaud-403806.html
A Duck
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 7:06PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rojo wrote:

One thing that comes into my mind is I'm pleasantly surprised that so many people are now coming out and ripping Lance, but it kind of reminds me like really popular songs on the Internet.

When a song is popular, I hear it a million times but the time it's actually #1 it seems so way after the fact. Like for me, Lance as a cheater was big this summer. But for the public, it's just now.

It's amazing how the sponsors dropping him this summer was a big tipping point and then even now - his oprah interview - is even a bigger one. I guess now it's like 100% official.

It's no surprise that a 9 YEAR OLD GIRL has more wisdom than you or your brother:

http://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2013/01/17/should-we-forgive-lance-armstrong/
query
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 7:09PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
WTF does that mean? Please elaborate A Duck.
Josh Hamilton's Addiction
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 7:10PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Can anyone provide a live stream of the interview? I don't have cable.
A Duck
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 7:12PM - in reply to query Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

query wrote:

WTF does that mean? Please elaborate A Duck.

Read the freaking link you lazy sod, it is brilliant!
A Duck
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 7:13PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Let's face it this thread won't be a discussion it will be a hate fest.

A discussion would be, calm and logical, where to go from here with making amends, where to go from here with sport reform etc.

Rojo has stated he's enjoying journalist hating on Lance...as he is too.
query
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 7:16PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No, not at all. Your 3 posts about this link were 3 too many you duckhole. Why does a little girl who wants Lance to sit down and talk about his lies have anything to do with Rojo? You always take some wacky position. That link was a puff piece waste of time.
A Duck
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 7:27PM - in reply to ftrddf Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

ftrddf wrote:

Ding, ding, ding.

I was in Paris during the 89 Tour d France. Any Frenchman could tell you cycling was both crooked and doped.
crazy raisin
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 7:29PM - in reply to Josh Hamilton's Addiction Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Josh Hamilton's Addiction wrote:

Can anyone provide a live stream of the interview? I don't have cable.
oprah dot com. good grief guys
LetsRun.com
your benevolent dictator
RE: Offical 2013 Lance Armstrong/Oprah Winfrey Interview Discussion Thread 1/17/2013 7:58PM - in reply to crazy raisin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 |