Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Blu
ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 3:59PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ESPN now reporting that Manti Te'o made up the whole story of a dead girlfriend.
There is no record of a girlfriend, and suspicion came out when no one heard of her until she was dead.

This was a sad story squeezed for everything during the ND undefeated season and Te'o's run for the Heisman.

Thoughts?
cabin
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 4:20PM - in reply to Blu Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
honkytonk
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 4:29PM - in reply to cabin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Notre Dame's response

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/1/16/3884214/deadspin-manti-teo-girlfriend-notre-dame

This doesn't add up at all. Te'o would have to be monumentally stupid to fall for a prank like this.
get rsh
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 4:32PM - in reply to Blu Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If this is true, then Manti completely disgraced the ideals of the University of Notre Dame, and I am deeply upset.
honkytonk
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 4:33PM - in reply to honkytonk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Pretty sure they had fund raisers after this fake death too. Crazy story.

Lance gotta be a happy man right now. This will take a load of heat off him for the next few days, even with the interview coming out.
My Name Is Judge
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 4:45PM - in reply to honkytonk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
My bets is that this was perpetrated by Chip Kelly to distract the media from his leaving of Oregon.

Also, I think we might need Oprah do a little interview with Te'o now.
Crub la dub
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 5:11PM - in reply to My Name Is Judge Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Manti hooks up with tons of chicks. That's widely known if you live in South Bend. He was hooking up with chicks before this girl "died."

I love ND, but the whole Manti is holier than thou thing is a joke. He is no different than anyother football player. Probably taking PEDs too.

Dont believe everything you see on TV.
Thpeakth with a lipth
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 5:14PM - in reply to Crub la dub Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Crub la dub wrote:

Manti hooks up with tons of chicks. That's widely known if you live in South Bend. He was hooking up with chicks before this girl "died."

I love ND, but the whole Manti is holier than thou thing is a joke. He is no different than anyother football player. Probably taking PEDs too.

Dont believe everything you see on TV.

Nice try, Manti!
whoops!
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 5:58PM - in reply to Thpeakth with a lipth Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Disgrace! I don't understand why he would do this. He was already a great player, the most popular on ND, one of the best in college football. Did he really have to risk it just to add a little more "adversity"?
SHYLAND
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 6:07PM - in reply to whoops! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That's what I'm thinking, too. If so, it's probably the worst publicity stunt ever. His statement doesn't help his cause either as he stated earlier that he visited her in person. Personally, I think he was covering up a relationship through the help of his cousin. The narrative he tried to perpetuate spiraled out of control and now he's in full-on damage control. If he really wanted to mitigate the damage, he'd be better off just coming out and saying what he was hiding.
random a hole
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 6:12PM - in reply to Blu Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ha ha ---ND sucks even more.

He should be a hero @ LR, pulling off the fake girlfriend thing so well. A girlfriend that ran through his arm tackles of love.
wineturtle
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 6:24PM - in reply to honkytonk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

honkytonk wrote:

Notre Dame's response

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/1/16/3884214/deadspin-manti-teo-girlfriend-notre-dame

This doesn't add up at all. Te'o would have to be monumentally stupid to fall for a prank like this.

Smart enough to stay eligible at Notre Dame it seems.
Another slice of Americana for the history books.
Notre Dame Catholics
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 6:29PM - in reply to cabin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

cabin wrote:

My first reaction is that this has to be a cover up for Te'o being gay.

That explains his anger issues. He's mad he's gay. lol
kadxs
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 6:30PM - in reply to wineturtle Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Gee, what shock, another fraud from Notre Dame perpetuated by the fawning media.
Tony the boss Soprano
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 6:42PM - in reply to cabin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Mangayo. So, the fake dead girlfriend was his beard. Makes sense to me, very very gay.
passing judgement
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 6:47PM - in reply to kadxs Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
tldr just another socially retarded jock
Elle Woods
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 7:06PM - in reply to random a hole Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Somehow, McCarron's REAL girlfriend is even hotter now.
spielbergo
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 7:29PM - in reply to Elle Woods Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
One Heisman finalist makes up a fake girlfriend.
Another didn't kiss his wife until they were married.
Thank f*ck Johnny Football isn't a dud

http://i.imgur.com/kSFcv.jpg
luv2run
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 7:29PM - in reply to Elle Woods Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Elle Woods wrote:

Somehow, McCarron's REAL girlfriend is even hotter now.

Brent, is that you?
slowwww
RE: ND FB star Te'o , made up story of dead gf. 1/16/2013 7:31PM - in reply to luv2run Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
So is anyone buying Notre Dame's lame ass story?

Seems extremely unlikely that Manti wasn't in on it.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |