Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Runastpleasenowsir
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 7:58AM - in reply to midwesta Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

midwesta wrote:

Josh Hamilton's Addiction wrote:

LetsRun.com wrote:

To the tiny few Armstrong defenders that are still out there,

I think LR is misconstruing people who think the overt rants against Lance Armstrong are slightly unprofessional, and obviously overboard, with "defenders." I doubt anyone here defends Armstrong as innocent, but nobody outside of Letsrun's staff has gone so tangentially awry on these boards, flaming the already debased cyclist.

Agreed. We get it. You don't like Lance because he doped. It's time to let it go.

The man used coming back from cancer as a way to gain tens of millions of dollars for himself. But cheated to do it and then lied about it over and over again. While bashing those who spoke the truth.

So no we don't have to let it go!

He should be thrown in jail!
even steven
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 7:58AM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think a big part of the "hate" or "disdain" is that many of us believed. We all spent our July's watching this guy and his amazing climbs up the French Alps. The recovery from cancer only made those climbs more amazing. We all wanted to believe in this story. We probably bought his books. For all us endurance geeks, Armstrong was one of our heros. There were no Americans dominating distance running. But Lance was dominating Le Tour. Of course I'm a distance runner, but the Tour de France was my favorite sport to watch. Now, I'll probably never watch it again. Lance needs to be shamed. He was rewarded more than anyone by the drugs, and he tried to vilify anyone who tried to tell the truth. PEDs have been spoiling sports for too long. It is time for it to stop. Young athletes need to see some of these users go down and go down hard. It is what Lance deserves. He has earned this shaming. He didn't accidentally fall in to doping. He crafted it. He fine tuned it. He mastered it. He did everything possible with no regards of the consequences to himself or others to cover it up.
a woooo
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:06AM - in reply to si ripperfield-snitchermous Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
And Wilbon has done what in his life? Be fat? Hey Brojos you aren't worth half the man of Lance and his one testicle. And neither is letsrun. I'd really like to meet some of you in real life someday :)
dumbbiker
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:13AM - in reply to a woooo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Wilbon is a susccessful journalist who is going strong at his job. Armstrong is a washed up, dumb jock, lying thug conman.
a woooo
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:18AM - in reply to si ripperfield-snitchermous Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
well hey i'm sure all of you could do what lance did on drugs couldn't you? Especially in cycling, being as it's known for being the most clean sport of any sport..........
a woooo
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:20AM - in reply to si ripperfield-snitchermous Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
and it takes a real man to be fat and un-athletic to call another man a pig because of what he did to win. Maybe Wilbon should try and mirror lance and hop on a bike for a while to try and shed some pounds before he goes into cardiac-arrest.......
We be ham jammin
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:25AM - in reply to get over it already! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
r

get over it already! wrote:

Christ almighty we get it LR guys, you hate Lance Armstrong.
For how much you bash him it would seem like the guy made a personall attack against you.

Seriously, at some point this start to say a lot more about the Brojos than Lance. In fact, when is letsrun going to change it's name letsrunhatelance.com

BTW. The way Wilbon and ESPN glorify that thug Ray Lewis then attack lance is a big friggin joke. Ray Lewis either murdered someone or covered it up. But let's make him an ESPN hero.
a woooo
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:27AM - in reply to a woooo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
And hey Rojos it's nice to see that any comment suggesting that you haven't really done anything to merit judgement on lance gets deleted. Even though you and i both know that you could not do what he did on the same drugs he was on. But hey i mean even though he doesn't have both his balls...he still has more than you. Why don't you start focusing on people in your sport like I dunno track athletes cause i'm sure people like carmelita jeter are clean. But at least she looks like she is clean, way more than Lance does. I think in a bodybuilding contest she would make Frank Zane look like he's never touched a weight in his life. But Lance is just a pig I suppose and all of those other clean cyclist really deserved to have won the tour.
We be ham jammin
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:29AM - in reply to Jon Ulm Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Jon Ulm wrote:

Mr. Armstrong did in a way. Years ago he was on the Jim Rome radio program denying s report by (not certain who) somebody who had knowledge of his doping ways. Mr. Armstrong wasted my time by saying things then that were false. I take that personally. I believed him because I figured he would not be defending himself so vigorously if he were guilty.

I was a fool. I don't like the feeling of realizing that I was a fool.

Yet you wasted everyone's time on here, runnersworld.com forums, runango.com, on your stupid music commentary and Rolling Stone bits.

News flash: You are a fool.
a woooo
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:29AM - in reply to dumbbiker Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

dumbbiker wrote:

Wilbon is a susccessful journalist who is going strong at his job. Armstrong is a washed up, dumb jock, lying thug conman.

I guess being a journalist makes him an expert on sports. Considering he's probably never played a sport or been successful at one really makes me think that he knows what he's talking about. The man doesn't have a single athletic bone in his body. But I'm sure he knows more about cycling and Lance Armstrong, then Lance Armstrong.
Northeaster
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:30AM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

A Duck wrote:

You might as well hate on Pamela Anderson for having fake breasts, because she's made money off of being a fraud.
The time you spend hating on Lance, you could be sending your mother flowers, or shopping for a new golf bag for your dad.

THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS.

Ummm...No. Pamela Anderson was not cheating. She was not lying. And she was not actively destroying the lives of folks who committed the grave crime of telling the truth.

So, your analogy is complete bullshit.

As far as your truly brilliant "THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS" - Really? How insightful! I spend a few minutes to respond to stupid posts such as yours. Then I happily go about my life sending flowers and shopping for golf bags. I seriously doubt I spent more time typing up such a response than you did typing up yours. The only difference is mine makes sense while yours is idiotic.
a woooo
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:30AM - in reply to a woooo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
*than
We be ham jammin
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:34AM - in reply to Northeaster Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Northeaster wrote:

A Duck wrote:

You might as well hate on Pamela Anderson for having fake breasts, because she's made money off of being a fraud.
The time you spend hating on Lance, you could be sending your mother flowers, or shopping for a new golf bag for your dad.

THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS.

Ummm...No. Pamela Anderson was not cheating. She was not lying. And she was not actively destroying the lives of folks who committed the grave crime of telling the truth.

So, your analogy is complete bullshit.

As far as your truly brilliant "THERE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS" - Really? How insightful! I spend a few minutes to respond to stupid posts such as yours. Then I happily go about my life sending flowers and shopping for golf bags. I seriously doubt I spent more time typing up such a response than you did typing up yours. The only difference is mine makes sense while yours is idiotic.

Wahhhh Waaahhhh, Waaahhhh. There are 1000s of people who've done worse in spots. Maybe that woman was a whore. We don't know. It's funny most of the people complaining th loudest made their piece of the pie off the Lance gravy train and win it stopped for them they suddenly cared about PED.
AnonymousPseudonym
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:36AM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You are not on point... AT ALL.
Pamela Anderson never lied about having fake boobs, she never destroyed people who said she had fake boobs. Try again loser.

Look up "analogy" and give it another shot.
a woooo
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:40AM - in reply to We be ham jammin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
http://abcnews.go.com/images/Sports/ap_carmelita_jeter_mr_120810_wblog.jpg

Now there ya go. Brojos you and Wilbon should team up and do some investigating to see if she's on any Gear. For some reason I have this hunch that she is. And since you run a running website I figure you would know. I'll head over to the cycling website to see if there are any dopers over there and let you know since apparently you are the expert on both with your associates degree in journalism...which obviously means you have a Ph.D in sports.
We be ham jammin
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:43AM - in reply to AnonymousPseudonym Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

AnonymousPseudonym wrote:

You are not on point... AT ALL.
Pamela Anderson never lied about having fake boobs, she never destroyed people who said she had fake boobs. Try again loser.

Look up "analogy" and give it another shot.

You got pwnd
pig sooooie
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:47AM - in reply to a woooo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's hilarious that you are telling other people to take it down a notch.
Barakus Obama
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:48AM - in reply to a woooo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

a woooo wrote:

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Sports/ap_carmelita_jeter_mr_120810_wblog.jpg

Now there ya go. Brojos you and Wilbon should team up and do some investigating to see if she's on any Gear. For some reason I have this hunch that she is. And since you run a running website I figure you would know. I'll head over to the cycling website to see if there are any dopers over there and let you know since apparently you are the expert on both with your associates degree in journalism...which obviously means you have a Ph.D in sports.

You are a fool, they have done this several times. Search for Mark Block kid.
Should be asked
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:53AM - in reply to We be ham jammin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

We be ham jammin wrote:

Wahhhh Waaahhhh, Waaahhhh...

Honest question: Are you retarded?
The Super
RE: Way to go Michael Wilbon!! Wilbon: “Lance Amstrong’s A Pig" 1/16/2013 8:58AM - in reply to Stater of the Oblivious Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Stater of the Oblivious wrote:

Ten years ago, Wilbon was kissing his nutsack, like every other so-called journalist, furthur fueling his need for more PEDs. Media should own up to being part of the problem.

Why is this an issue? Sports journalists typically are fans of sports, and even if they don't particularly like a certain sport - most US sportswriters don't give a crap about cycling - they have to interview athletes. Being cordial and even pretending to think they're great on some level is the way you continue to get interviews and get the athletes to open up. Sports journalists need those athletes to talk; otherwise it's just them commenting and speculating.

Also, even if Wilbon was "kissing his nutsack" (which I don't think he was) 10 years ago, is he not allowed to change his mind when it is discovered that Lance was doped to the gills? I'll admit I thought Armstrong was clean. His denials were strong and very believable. When he said stuff like "You think I would come back from cancer and then take substances that can cause cancer? I'd have to be an idiot," you can kind of see that.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |