dont think so
red meat 1/15/2013 7:16PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
how often should one be eating red meat whilst training 80 - 100 miles a week
bangalangadanga
RE: red meat 1/15/2013 7:20PM - in reply to dont think so Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
what if i told you that red meat was a high quality food.
dont think so
RE: red meat 1/15/2013 7:23PM - in reply to bangalangadanga Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i would laugh and then on thinking change my mind and agree
Gel gazelle
RE: red meat 1/15/2013 7:49PM - in reply to dont think so Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If you have to, I wouldn't say more than 6 ounces a week the night of an especially long run. But not too much because it's slow to digest and high in saturated fats and cholesterol.
dont think so
RE: red meat 1/15/2013 7:51PM - in reply to Gel gazelle Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
is a big mac ok
mcmunch
RE: red meat 1/15/2013 7:53PM - in reply to dont think so Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
a mcrib would be better
crazy raisin
RE: red meat 1/15/2013 8:13PM - in reply to dont think so Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
There's no amount you "should" eat. The less the better. There's nothing in factory farmed that meat you need to run fast (and lots of things you don't want).
dont think so
RE: red meat 1/15/2013 8:17PM - in reply to crazy raisin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i can run fast on p & j sandwiches only so maybe i just stick to that
critic 100
RE: red meat 1/15/2013 9:39PM - in reply to crazy raisin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Obviously you have never read anything about physiology of exercise.
dont think so
RE: red meat 1/15/2013 10:24PM - in reply to critic 100 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i have read my times after eating only bread jam and peanut butter they are just as good or better as when i eat a "nutritious" diet
402m
RE: red meat 1/15/2013 10:36PM - in reply to Gel gazelle Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Gel gazelle wrote:

If you have to, I wouldn't say more than 6 ounces a week the night of an especially long run. But not too much because it's slow to digest and high in saturated fats and cholesterol.

hmmm... http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_truth_about_saturated_fat
Bad Wigins
RE: red meat 1/16/2013 1:09AM - in reply to Gel gazelle Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Proteins and fats are digested quickly and easily in the stomach and small intestine.

What is digested slowly is the "healthy" stuff like green vegetables and whole grains. Humans can't digest that stuff and rely on friendly bacteria to ferment them instead.