Pages: | 1 | 2 |
amcx
Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/15/2013 7:16PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
ekin
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/15/2013 7:23PM - in reply to amcx Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Lance Armstrong has offered to pay more than $5 million to the federal government to compensate for the fraud he allegedly committed against the U.S. Postal Service, CBS News has learned. The Postal Service paid Armstrong's team more than $30 million to sponsor it from 1999 to 2004 as part of a contract that banned doping.

I wouldn't call that desperate. Cheeky would be a better word because $5m is potentially getting away lightly.

I'd say Lance would be doing cartwheels down the road if they accepted it and called off the dogs.
Moby
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/15/2013 10:18PM - in reply to amcx Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'll be pissed if the government accepts this as a settlement. The US Postal cycling team had a contract that explicitly said they could dope. They did anyway. It's a slam dunk in court - $30M plus compound interest plus punitive damages. And Lance and Johan should still go to jail. Then and only then would I think that justice had been done.
Moby
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/15/2013 10:19PM - in reply to Moby Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
*could NOT dope. Duh.
Finisher
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/15/2013 10:36PM - in reply to amcx Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I would like to see Lance do time and then go "Jericho Mile" on everybody while he is in the Slammer.
Pro Biker
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/15/2013 10:39PM - in reply to Moby Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Moby wrote:

I'll be pissed if the government accepts this as a settlement. The US Postal cycling team had a contract that explicitly said they could dope. They did anyway. It's a slam dunk in court - $30M plus compound interest plus punitive damages. And Lance and Johan should still go to jail. Then and only then would I think that justice had been done.

Hopefully, you meant "could not" dope?
Jon Ulm
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 12:02AM - in reply to Moby Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
not certain if it is a slam dunk. USPS may not even win. Granted the contract stated that there would be no dope and there wasn't any that was known until after the contract expired. USPS got their name associated with the winning cycling team and this is what they hoped to get. The USPS got value for their sponsorship dollars.
caught on the barb wire
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 12:24AM - in reply to Finisher Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Finisher wrote:

I would like to see Lance do time and then go "Jericho Mile" on everybody while he is in the Slammer.

Would Lance toss his manhuggers over the fence in place of the stopwatch?
Doclove
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 4:12AM - in reply to amcx Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
'they tell him to pound sand'

WTF does that even mean?
Some lunatic
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 7:35AM - in reply to Doclove Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's pound salt or pack sand....moron
jerzey sure
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 7:43AM - in reply to Doclove Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Pounding sand is what you do after you lay out your blanket on the beach. You pound the sand make sure your johnson has a depression to fit it when you tan your back.
Doclove
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 7:56AM - in reply to Some lunatic Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Some lunatic wrote:

Thanks jerk, who the feck ever uses that expression?
break it up
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 10:46AM - in reply to Doclove Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Doclove wrote:

Some lunatic wrote:

My uncle says that one all the time.
Crazy Uncle in the Corner
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 10:57AM - in reply to break it up Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

break it up wrote:

Doclove wrote:

Some lunatic wrote:

My uncle says that one all the time.

"Don't mind Uncle Frank over there. Pay no attention to him. He's always talkin' 'pound salt' this or 'pack sand' that. Crazy ol' b*stard, that guy."
pre841
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 12:44PM - in reply to Doclove Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Doclove wrote:

WTF does that even mean?

I haven't heard that expression in decades (and I'm old = 51).
I read this thread and attached article soley for the purpose of seeing if the government really used that phrase.
LeadvilleNative
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 12:54PM - in reply to pre841 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Pound sound is commonly used in Colorado. It's a less vulgar variant of "Piss up a rope"
dsrunner
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 12:55PM - in reply to Finisher Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The guy in Jericho Mile had ethics but no lawyers, pretty much the opposite of Armstrong.
reading 101
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 1:11PM - in reply to amcx Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The postal service is the only real winner at all in the scandal.
They got tons of good press and air time when lance was winning, but now when he is losing people on care to hate on lance and don't care about them.
What are they complaining about?
middle age at best
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 1:19PM - in reply to pre841 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
51 ain't old

pre841 wrote:

I haven't heard that expression in decades (and I'm old = 51).

Jon Ulm
RE: Lance offers government 5 million,, they tell him to pound sand 1/16/2013 4:15PM - in reply to middle age at best Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Pages: | 1 | 2 |