Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
Apple Stock
Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 6:59PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hey guys, ever since I started this thread on apple stock I have been getting a lot of calls, emails etc asking me for stock advice. (For those of you who didnt follow the last thread I called Apple's fall when it was at 682.98.

Today the stock is at 485!!! There were lots of haters and some of them have lost a lot of money (see APPL).

Well here is my next stock pick. It is more long and I am looking for steady, not rapid growth.

Here she blows: Buy google stock

Its control of search is unassailable.
Its new chromebook will erode at Apple and Microsoft bc it is that amazing and growing by leaps and bounds.
Google Chrome is quickly becoming the dominant browser.
Google Plus will one day overtake Facebook as THE social network site (in many years).
Their self driving car is the future of travel and they are on the cutting edge of the technology.

Buy Now! For the record, official price at this time is 724.93
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 7:03PM - in reply to Apple Stock Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Apple Stock wrote:

Google Plus will one day overtake Facebook as THE social network site (in many years).

Can you explain this one.

I hate facebook but google plus is horrible and has gotten zero traction since starting. No one uses google plus.
cas
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 7:09PM - in reply to hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I've decided I'm going to go see you soon. It puts me in a really risky situation but we need to talk because I have questions and I think it could be the only solution to breaking the internet addiction. I know even the thought of seeing me makes you nervous, but that feeling can't be worse than how you feel about yourself at the end of a day on LR. I'm not going to yell or hurt you. I'll probably cry. You will probably have a weepy woman on your hands. Just a heads up. If you are against seeing me, please let me know.
Good Art
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 7:18PM - in reply to Apple Stock Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I have Google in my retirement account as I like to go with the company founded on data mining.
coach d
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 7:22PM - in reply to Apple Stock Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
GOOG is listed as a strong buy by analysts. The question is whether that is all in the stock now.

The more interesting one is AAPL, which has pulled back sharply to its long-term rising support line.

Is AAPL a buy or a short here?
Apple Stock
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 7:26PM - in reply to Apple Stock Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Apple Stock
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 7:31PM - in reply to hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Apple Stock wrote:

I hate facebook but google plus is horrible and has gotten zero traction since starting. No one uses google plus.

Sure.
-Facebook is easily reproducible. They create nothing that cant be duplicated.
-Social networks are like bars. Do you really want to go to the same bar as your parents. As younger generations come to the internet they will look for other social networks that old folks arent on.
-Because of the proliferation of Gmail and Google Chrome and the Google search engine, google is already integrated into kids lives by the time they are teens. This will position them well to duplicate Facebook on their site. It will start with kids having a facebook and google plus (or some other google social network site) then they will drop facebook because it is the old way of social networking.
Apple Stock
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 7:33PM - in reply to Apple Stock Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Importantly, I realize that not all of these predictions will come true. But if only a few do, Google will be worth owning on the interim time period.
Apple Stock
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 7:35PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
IN regards to Apple, Coach D, I wouldnt touch it now. I called for it to fall significantly and it did. I have now idea where it will go from here but it wont be back to 700.
Blah, blah, blah
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 7:35PM - in reply to Apple Stock Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Apple Stock wrote:

Its new chromebook will erode at Apple and Microsoft bc it is that amazing and growing by leaps and bounds.

I just ordered a Chromebook today -- the $250 Samsung job. No one can keep them in stock. I'm told I MIGHT get mine by mid February.
Apple Stock
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 7:35PM - in reply to Apple Stock Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
IN other words, I wouldnt touch it.

Apple Stock wrote:

IN regards to Apple, Coach D, I wouldnt touch it now. I called for it to fall significantly and it did. I have now idea where it will go from here but it wont be back to 700.
Justin91
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 7:36PM - in reply to hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Apple Stock wrote:

Every tech geek in the world who does not own an iPhone adores Google Plus. It's kind weird and sweet.
coach d
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 7:49PM - in reply to Apple Stock Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Apple Stock wrote:

IN other words, I wouldnt touch it.

Apple Stock wrote:

I don't know whether I'd go that far. Based on P/E and PEG, the stock is very cheap, also based on annual growth rate, which is why analysts still like it. You can make the case that the emotions over the Iphone5 in the first half on 2012 got seriously carried away, and we have is just a correction that returns things to reality. You could also make the case that 2012 was a top, just like you can when the price of gold hit about 1900.

The long term support (going back some years) comes in at about $470, and a significant violation of the support line will look VERY negative from a technical standpoint.
appl no goog yes
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 8:00PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I have just over $55,000 in a 401k rollover that is in cash right now. I have a much larger 401k with the company I'm with now and a SEP and Roth SEP in a Reit so I'm willing to gamble with this. Should I buy 75 shares long term or do you recommend an option strategy?
more than you think
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 8:13PM - in reply to coach d Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

coach d wrote:

... that 2012 was a top, just like you can when the price of gold hit about 1900.

Bzzzzz. That "case" on gold will prove to be absolutely...wrong.

coah d - did you ever feel any effects from the MF Global fiasco?

Carry on.
4runner
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 8:18PM - in reply to Apple Stock Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
[quote]Apple Stock wrote:

[quote]hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:
-Social networks are like bars. Do you really want to go to the same bar as your parents. As younger generations come to the internet they will look for other social networks that old folks arent on.
[quote]

This is true but there are several generations worth of old folks on Facebook now. Kids who are coming of age might devote the effort to setting up a new account at a new site, but everyone else will keep coming back to the old Facebook bar since all their friends are there.

I believe that network effects guarantee that there is space for only a single general-purpose social network in the world.
Retardalert.
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 8:26PM - in reply to Apple Stock Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Apple Stock wrote:

Hey guys, ever since I started this thread on apple stock I have been getting a lot of calls, emails etc asking me for stock advice. (For those of you who didnt follow the last thread I called Apple's fall when it was at 682.98.

Today the stock is at 485!!! There were lots of haters and some of them have lost a lot of money (see APPL).

Well here is my next stock pick. It is more long and I am looking for steady, not rapid growth.

Here she blows: Buy google stock

Its control of search is unassailable.
Google Chrome is quickly becoming the dominant browser.
Their self driving car is the future of travel and they are on the cutting edge of the technology.

Buy Now! For the record, official price at this time is 724.93

Idiot. Samsung is going to drop apple. Googles phone will struggle. Apple is killing it and investors like you are stupid. China, china mobile, shorter cycle, ITV, that is pushing apple to 800 in a year. All serious work is done on iPhone/iPad. That's why all the traffic goes through it. iPhone 4S was a. Huge launch. He 5s comes out when everyone from 4s are up for renewal. It'll be huge.
kpack
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/15/2013 10:19PM - in reply to Retardalert. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
too many competitors. margins for all competitors in the smartphone space will contract... but googs will continue to do fine at search.
Apple Stock
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/23/2013 7:44AM - in reply to kpack Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nutella1
RE: Buy Google Stock Now 1/23/2013 7:55AM - in reply to Apple Stock Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Apple Stock wrote:

1. Its control of search is unassailable.
2. Its new chromebook will erode at Apple and Microsoft bc it is that amazing and growing by leaps and bounds.
3. Google Chrome is quickly becoming the dominant browser.
4. Google Plus will one day overtake Facebook as THE social network site (in many years).
5. Their self driving car is the future of travel and they are on the cutting edge of the technology.

1. yes
2. no
3. only on desktop, on mobile/tablet, safari is dominant (like 70%)
4. no way
5. meh
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |