Pages: | 1 | 2 |
Wannaknower
So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 6:40PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Anybody knows why he left, I mean the differences between him and Salazar?
Heard through the grapevine
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 6:44PM - in reply to Wannaknower Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
1) Webb didn't want to move up in distance at the time
2) Salazar was using him as training fodder, not focused on him
3) Webb balked at taking all of the extra "supplements" and getting prescribed all of the medication that Salazar requires.
bangalangadanga
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 6:52PM - in reply to Heard through the grapevine Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i'm leaning towards the 'training fodder for rupp' argument.
Heard through the grapevine
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 6:58PM - in reply to bangalangadanga Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
4) Webb didn't like Salazar's obessive focus on fixing his form and blamed this attempt to change his form for the injury he sustained to his Achillies.
ijijijijijiuiuiuiuiuiuiu
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 7:05PM - in reply to Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It is interesting that the top runners who chose not to sign with Nike (i.e. Hall, Simpson, Huddle, etc.) are also those who appear to have the cleanest character. I don't think that is a coincidence. It would be interesting in a parallel universe to see what Rupp could have done running for a different company. It is sad in a way because regardless of whether he is clean or not he will always be tainted by his association with Salazar. (To a lesser degree all of Salazar's runners are similarly tainted which begs the question why any athlete resolved to compete cleanly would ever run for the Oregon Project. Anybody agree?)
Nike chooses you
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 7:09PM - in reply to ijijijijijiuiuiuiuiuiuiu Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
They don't choose to sign with nike. Nike throws them a bone and they jump all over it.

" tainted by his association with Salazar."

Nobody thinks this except from a few dorks on message boards.
Heard through the grapevine
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 7:10PM - in reply to ijijijijijiuiuiuiuiuiuiu Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The same can be said about Salazar himself. Part of the reason many people question whether he is bending the rules is because he is so very close to Nike.



ijijijijijiuiuiuiuiuiuiu wrote:

It is interesting that the top runners who chose not to sign with Nike (i.e. Hall, Simpson, Huddle, etc.) are also those who appear to have the cleanest character. I don't think that is a coincidence. It would be interesting in a parallel universe to see what Rupp could have done running for a different company. It is sad in a way because regardless of whether he is clean or not he will always be tainted by his association with Salazar. (To a lesser degree all of Salazar's runners are similarly tainted which begs the question why any athlete resolved to compete cleanly would ever run for the Oregon Project. Anybody agree?)
YouareWrong
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 7:14PM - in reply to Nike chooses you Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Nike chooses you wrote:

They don't choose to sign with nike. Nike throws them a bone and they jump all over it.

" tainted by his association with Salazar."

Nobody thinks this except from a few dorks on message boards.


That's definitely not accurate. I personally know a current D1 coach who is a former American elite runner who thinks that anyone associated with Salazar is questionable. Talked to him about it at length several times and said that Salazar was absolutely dirty when he was running and he doubts he has changed any since becoming a coach.

Nike chooses you wrote:

They don't choose to sign with nike. Nike throws them a bone and they jump all over it.

" tainted by his association with Salazar."

Nobody thinks this except from a few dorks on message boards.
worst poster
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 7:32PM - in reply to YouareWrong Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well, I'm convinced. Thanks for setting me straight.
TLW
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 7:47PM - in reply to worst poster Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Webb didn't want to take the 'thyroid' medication.
RuKiddingMe!!
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 7:54PM - in reply to ijijijijijiuiuiuiuiuiuiu Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
no one I can think of has a so called cleaner character than Rupp!
bangalangadanga
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 9:00PM - in reply to RuKiddingMe!! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

RuKiddingMe!! wrote:

no one I can think of has a so called cleaner character than Rupp!


you know what, I can't say I was a fan of Galen Rupp's graces, but that video that surfaced of him taking a minute to go jogging with some kids turned me around.
LetsGetReal
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 9:06PM - in reply to bangalangadanga Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

bangalangadanga wrote:


RuKiddingMe!! wrote:

no one I can think of has a so called cleaner character than Rupp!


you know what, I can't say I was a fan of Galen Rupp's graces, but that video that surfaced of him taking a minute to go jogging with some kids turned me around.


That and the $5K he was paid for the jog.
chauncey.
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 10:03PM - in reply to ijijijijijiuiuiuiuiuiuiu Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

ijijijijijiuiuiuiuiuiuiu wrote:

To a lesser degree all of Salazar's runners are similarly tainted which begs the question why any athlete resolved to compete cleanly would ever run for the Oregon Project.



You don't know what "begging the question" means.
ijijijijijiuiuiuiuiuiuiu
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 11:23PM - in reply to Nike chooses you Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Nike chooses you wrote:

They don't choose to sign with nike. Nike throws them a bone and they jump all over it.

" tainted by his association with Salazar."

Nobody thinks this except from a few dorks on message boards.


I don't think Salazar's friendship with Lance Armstrong is helping his reputation much.

Birds of a feather flock together...
Charlie
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 11:27PM - in reply to Wannaknower Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Wannaknower wrote:

Anybody knows why he left, I mean the differences between him and Salazar?


I do know is was a shame Webb. Webb should have moved up then.Heck he even beat Rupp in a road 5k . I wish someone would ask Alan for the reason(s).

Anyhow after watching the flotrack interview I get the impression Alan really wants to move up to marathoning
not the only one
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 11:31PM - in reply to YouareWrong Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Dead on. Talk to some of his former athletes and see what they tell you.
ijijijijijiuiuiuiuiuiuiu
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 11:31PM - in reply to Heard through the grapevine Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Heard through the grapevine wrote:

The same can be said about Salazar himself. Part of the reason many people question whether he is bending the rules is because he is so very close to Nike.




That is absolutely correct. Doping to the level of sophistication required to dodge drug tests requires the resources that few organizations, if any, outside of Nike can provide. Lance Armstrong's case is becoming mainstream and in doing so is opening a lot of people's eyes. I think it will be good for all endurance sports in the long term.
ijijijijijiuiuiuiuiuiuiu
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/15/2013 11:38PM - in reply to not the only one Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

not the only one wrote:

Dead on. Talk to some of his former athletes and see what they tell you.


So it really is that bad? Then why would any athlete set on competing cleaning run for Salazar? Do you suggest that those who run for him do not have the resolve to avoid PEDs?
newname
RE: So, what happened between Webb and Salazar 1/16/2013 1:19AM - in reply to ijijijijijiuiuiuiuiuiuiu Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

ijijijijijiuiuiuiuiuiuiu wrote:



That is absolutely correct. Doping to the level of sophistication required to dodge drug tests requires the resources that few organizations, if any, outside of Nike can provide. Lance Armstrong's case is becoming mainstream and in doing so is opening a lot of people's eyes. I think it will be good for all endurance sports in the long term.


Nike didn't help Armstrong dope. If you don't follow the sport you wouldn't know this, but every professional cyclist dopes, or at least all the ones you have heard of. Not all of them ride for Nike, in fact NONE of them do, because NIKE cycling is over, it has been for 7 yrs.

If you can't accept this, realize that USADA got 12 riders to testify against THEMSELVES and admit that they doped, NONE of whom had tested positive before and NONE of whom rode for Nike.

If you can't figure out how athlete's dodge drug tests and don't test positive, read The Secret Race. There are several other books out there that could explain this, but since you seem to be prone to conspiracy theory, this book will directly refute what you are saying.

I think you can buy it new for like $14.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |