themanontherun
What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/15/2013 8:44AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France?

Any guesses?
moranick
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/15/2013 8:47AM - in reply to themanontherun Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Right around the time of the 2nd world war.
Captain Track
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/15/2013 8:51AM - in reply to moranick Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
When Vladimir Lenin, during his exile in Switzerland, crossed the Alps to watch!
dopeheads depend
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/15/2013 9:07AM - in reply to themanontherun Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Every year except the war years when the Tour de France wasn't held. Not everyone is obsessed with drugs you know?
Mellow Jonny
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/15/2013 9:11AM - in reply to themanontherun Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
In 2007 28 clean riders finished it. The top placed non-doper finished 142nd overall:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nondoping-cyclists-finish-tour-de-france,2268/
Grif
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/15/2013 9:11AM - in reply to dopeheads depend Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Right before a bunch of guys said, "hey, this bike ride stuff would make a great race."
BradWagon
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/15/2013 9:44AM - in reply to themanontherun Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Last year. There are plenty of riders that want the sport changed and can compete at a high level without performance enhancement. You all just want to make cycling look so stupid when you know full well there are those that compete clean. It's just like running or football, at the very top of the sport there are likely those that dope but this notion that everyone is doing it is unfounded and boring.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13076/Taylor-Phinney-Interview-Getting-the-pill-culture-out-of-the-sport.aspx

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13243/Bradley-Wiggins-I-get-incredibly-angry-when-Im-accused-of-doping.aspx
soop
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/15/2013 10:18AM - in reply to themanontherun Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Alberto Contador. The king will return next year.
Letsrun Gunner
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/15/2013 10:28PM - in reply to soop Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Eddie Merckx has been quoted as saying that of course everyone dopes there is no way someone can do that in three weeks. I tend to take his opinion.
Pro Biker
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/15/2013 10:33PM - in reply to themanontherun Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
'66.
trollism
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/16/2013 4:17AM - in reply to Letsrun Gunner Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Eddie Merckx has been quoted as saying that of course everyone dopes there is no way someone can do that in three weeks. I tend to take his opinion.

Could you show me this quote please?

Don't tell me you just made it up.

This whole Armstrong business is really getting you Americans in a tizwaz.
RAC
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/16/2013 7:02AM - in reply to themanontherun Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
broken arrow
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/16/2013 9:11AM - in reply to RAC Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
19never
asdfjaskldjk
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/16/2013 9:36AM - in reply to Mellow Jonny Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I had almost finished the article before I realized it was the Onion. I was like, what???
Mr. Obvious
RE: What was the last year a clean rider completed the Tour de France? 1/16/2013 9:42AM - in reply to asdfjaskldjk Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Well, if you believe the Lance co-conspirators they all stopped doping after he retired teh first time. At least that is what they testified to (many of them, not all).