Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
coach bigfoot
I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/14/2013 11:15PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Drugs help you get faster, but they don't make the racing feel easier when you're gutting it out. Lance still showed he is one of the toughest competitors there was/is and I feel privileged to have been able to watch his performances.

I've always maintained that regardless of whether he doped or not, I was a fan.
Riemann Integrable
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/14/2013 11:23PM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Agreed.

No one wins the Tour De France 7 TIMES IN A ROW without having insane talent and mental fortitude. Anyone who has read the Renato Canova threads on LetsRun knows that EPO is trivial when you have natural fitness.
coach bigfoot
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/14/2013 11:25PM - in reply to Riemann Integrable Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Riemann Integrable wrote:

Agreed.

No one wins the Tour De France 7 TIMES IN A ROW without having insane talent and mental fortitude. Anyone who has read the Renato Canova threads on LetsRun knows that EPO is trivial when you have natural fitness.

Not the response I was expected. Happy to see that I'm not alone in this opinion.
crazy raisin
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/14/2013 11:25PM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Problem is, everyone guts it out just as hard. The guy who finished fifth was doing all he could. But Lance still had the best drugs in the end.
Ternowski
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/14/2013 11:26PM - in reply to Riemann Integrable Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
rubbish. Read the Tyler Hamilton book. Without EPO, neither Mr. Armstrong nor Mr. Hamilton would have been close to the front. mid-pack at best.
jonesy johnson
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/14/2013 11:26PM - in reply to Riemann Integrable Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Two more morons. You two would probably admire me for nailing your women while using Viagara, just because I still had to tolerate looking at them.
coach bigfoot
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/14/2013 11:33PM - in reply to jonesy johnson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

jonesy johnson wrote:

Two more morons. You two would probably admire me for nailing your women while using Viagara, just because I still had to tolerate looking at them.

I'm confused. Are you assuming I'm a man? Or a lesbian? Also, Viagara sounds like a city in Lord of the Rings. Tolkien for your thoughts? Not sure how thinking that having an opinion makes you a moron, unless you're a presumptuous a$$hole.
Riemann Integrable
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/14/2013 11:39PM - in reply to crazy raisin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

crazy raisin wrote:

Problem is, everyone guts it out just as hard. The guy who finished fifth was doing all he could. But Lance still had the best drugs in the end.

Do you honestly believe this?
World Class Hobby Jogger
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/14/2013 11:42PM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
i stan ground
jonesy johnson
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/14/2013 11:44PM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

coach bigfoot wrote:

jonesy johnson wrote:

I'm confused.

Yes indeed.
coach bigfoot
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/14/2013 11:58PM - in reply to jonesy johnson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

jonesy johnson wrote:

Yes indeed.

Anyway, doing my mom isn't as impressive as winning 7 tour de frances so it's a moot point for you. Lance is much more badass than that. Plus the blue pill isn't illegal, so that wouldn't make sense anyway in your metaphor.
Trollie McSockpuppet
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/15/2013 12:46AM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

coach bigfoot wrote:

Anyway, doing my mom isn't as impressive as winning 7 tour de frances so it's a moot point for you.

Dude, I've seen your mom. Keeping it up long enough to do her is at least as impressive as winning 7 tour de frances. At least.
Riemann Integrable
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/15/2013 12:51AM - in reply to crazy raisin Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

crazy raisin wrote:

So you admit that Lance is more talented than you?
shoe guy
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/15/2013 1:45AM - in reply to Riemann Integrable Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yeah seriously. I'm gonna quote Christian Hesch from that NY times article a few months ago on what it feels like to be running on EPO:

“Your running feels like what you imagine when you see all those Kenyan runners floating down the road,” Hesch said about competing with the aid of EPO. “And two to three weeks in your cycle, you start feeling like that yourself.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/sports/runner-christian-hesch-describes-doping-with-epo.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I have trouble buying that it makes "no difference" in how it feels to race.
ukathleticscoach
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/15/2013 3:42AM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Great example to set for a coach, albeit a fake one

A cheat is cheat the rest is just BS and excuses
Yourpoint?
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/15/2013 4:01AM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm still a fan of OJ too. Sure he sliced his wifes throat to the point of nearly taking her head completely off but he was one of the best running backs ever.
RuKiddingMe!!
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/15/2013 7:20AM - in reply to Yourpoint? Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's the sport, not Lance. It's like going after cocaine user's, it's not the individuals, it's the big time trafficers they should be going after them! If they don't nothing will change....should at the Tour, they are still cheating....are going blame Lance for them to?
The Super
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/15/2013 7:22AM - in reply to coach bigfoot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

coach bigfoot wrote:

Drugs help you get faster, but they don't make the racing feel easier when you're gutting it out. Lance still showed he is one of the toughest competitors there was/is and I feel privileged to have been able to watch his performances.

I've always maintained that regardless of whether he doped or not, I was a fan.

Some people respond to drugs better than others. Even if everyone was also doing them, just because Armstrong won all those Tours, that doesn't mean he was the best athlete among them all. The drugs did wonders for him. To admire a cheater for feats he performed while cheating is misguided in my opinion.
-
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/15/2013 7:30AM - in reply to Riemann Integrable Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Riemann Integrable wrote:

Agreed.

EPO isn't trivial when you have natural talent. Natural talent/training/racing hard are, admittedly, more significant factors. But the EPO still makes a considerable difference. Aside from the moral dilemma and safety concerns, the problem is some people are physiologically predisposed to benefit more from the drugs than others. And with the absurd training volume in cycling, it arguably makes a bigger difference than in running. To say that it's trivial is just foolish.
Mr. Obvious
RE: I'm still a fan of Lance, the badass. Here's why. 1/15/2013 7:37AM - in reply to RuKiddingMe!! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

RuKiddingMe!! wrote:

It's the sport, not Lance. It's like going after cocaine user's, it's not the individuals, it's the big time trafficers they should be going after them! If they don't nothing will change....should at the Tour, they are still cheating....are going blame Lance for them to?

Lance was a trafficker.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |