AllThatTalent
PSU'S BRADY GEHRET? 1/14/2013 6:24PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
What's the story with PSU 200/400m runner Brady Gehret?

Haven't seen his name in the results as of yet.

His name is still on the online roster, but his link is dead.

What is going on? Ineligible?
<m>
RE: PSU'S BRADY GEHRET? 1/14/2013 6:38PM - in reply to AllThatTalent Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Just googled this guy. That's some f*ckin chin he has on him. Outrageous.
Some facts..:
RE: PSU'S BRADY GEHRET? 1/14/2013 9:44PM - in reply to <m> Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Academically ineligible. Real shame.
SebCoesGhost
RE: PSU'S BRADY GEHRET? 1/21/2013 11:09AM - in reply to Some facts..: Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
So what are Gehret's plans? Signing a pro contract is likely a reach when 20 guys in the US run 45.low.

Will he move up to the 800m?

Can he try to enroll at an NAIA?
this again really
RE: PSU'S BRADY GEHRET? 2/1/2013 3:49PM - in reply to Bigal66 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
couldn't handle the academics.
fast, but too dumb, even for penn state.
Enjoy the Silence
RE: PSU'S BRADY GEHRET? 2/1/2013 5:05PM - in reply to this again really Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

this again really wrote:

Must be more than that. No one is talking. Their silence is deafening.
werunthisrapshi*
RE: PSU'S BRADY GEHRET? 2/1/2013 8:23PM - in reply to this again really Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
how hard are the academics at PSU...?

i assume he wasn't majoring in physics or chem E or something...

this again really wrote:

Quite Possibly
RE: PSU'S BRADY GEHRET? 2/1/2013 11:54PM - in reply to werunthisrapshi* Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

werunthisrapshi* wrote:

how hard are the academics at PSU...?

i assume he wasn't majoring in physics or chem E or something...

The engineering schools might not be #1 in the country, but I heard a stat a few years ago that 1 in 10 engineers in the country came from Penn State.
khgfgds
RE: PSU'S BRADY GEHRET? 2/2/2013 4:39AM - in reply to Quite Possibly Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Quite Possibly wrote:
The engineering schools might not be #1 in the country, but I heard a stat a few years ago that 1 in 10 engineers in the country came from Penn State.

The 1 in 10 thing is so extraordinarily stupid that it's hard to even respond.

Which leaves us with how is it possible for somebody to flunk out of Penn State? Especially a cat from Altoona?

Crazy.
Fred Gwynne
RE: PSU'S BRADY GEHRET? 2/2/2013 6:14AM - in reply to khgfgds Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If you remember he was busted for smoking pot at a playground before he enrolled at PSU. I am sure he is not real bright.
26mi235
RE: PSU'S BRADY GEHRET? 2/2/2013 10:11AM - in reply to khgfgds Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

khgfgds wrote:

Quite Possibly wrote:

The 1 in 10 thing is so extraordinarily stupid that it's hard to even respond.

Which leaves us with how is it possible for somebody to flunk out of Penn State? Especially a cat from Altoona?

Crazy.

Not a chance when you realize how many engineering schools there are and that a number of foreign engineers end up in the US. It is possible that one of the specialties such as petroleum engineering might be that way, since that specialty is not at too many schools.