curious about recruiting rules
If a Div I coach coaches high school athletes, how do the the recruting rules work? 1/14/2013 5:35PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This isn't in track but the head coach of a Div I program is coaching a 15 year old and under aau team.

Since he is the coach lots of top athletes have joined the club. Now the club is ranked top 5 in the nation.

So he has a few guys I am sure other coaches will want to recruit.

Don't coaches have only certain time periods when they can contact athletes? Will it look bad if some of the athletes he coaches ends up going to the school he coaches?

If this is a way around NCAA contact rules, why haven't Div I Track coaches tried to do this?
Info 4 You
RE: If a Div I coach coaches high school athletes, how do the the recruting rules work? 1/15/2013 12:54AM - in reply to curious about recruiting rules Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The NCAA rule allows any coach to coach high school age athletes via a registered club athletes within 50 miles of the campus.
RE: If a Div I coach coaches high school athletes, how do the the recruting rules work? 1/15/2013 11:20AM - in reply to Info 4 You Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
thanks for the info. Can the college coach recruit the kids he is coaching in the club?
Info 4 u
RE: If a Div I coach coaches high school athletes, how do the the recruting rules work? 1/15/2013 4:04PM - in reply to curious about recruiting rules Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes they can
RE: If a Div I coach coaches high school athletes, how do the the recruting rules work? 1/15/2013 5:36PM - in reply to Info 4 u Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
thanks for the info. Can they have sex with these potential recruits?
RE: If a Div I coach coaches high school athletes, how do the the recruting rules work? 1/15/2013 6:41PM - in reply to curious about recruiting rules Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
^ that was not me. I was curious and had legit questions.

I suspect that at times this dude probably pretends that his hand is another person too
Puhleez!
RE: If a Div I coach coaches high school athletes, how do the the recruting rules work? 1/15/2013 8:52PM - in reply to curious about recruiting rules Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

curious about recruiting rules wrote:
Can they have sex with these potential recruits?

Yes, but you'll have to retire 10 years later.
tadpole advebture
RE: If a Div I coach coaches high school athletes, how do the the recruting rules work? 1/15/2013 9:07PM - in reply to curious about recruiting rules Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

curious about recruiting rules wrote:

thanks for the info. Can they have sex with these potential recruits?

LMAO!! Much funnier than the OP.
CAS
RE: If a Div I coach coaches high school athletes, how do the the recruting rules work? 1/15/2013 9:26PM - in reply to tadpole advebture Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Seriously? After everything that I've had to find out lately, you're hoping for sex?
Let's just make it very clear where I'm at with you.

I looked at that pinboard today. Took me a long time to read all the pins. At the end I realized I had laughed almost the entire time. I got to the pin with that Skinnamerinkidinkidoo song. And I sat back and realized that if I ever did have a soulmate, it is you. But I'd rather live the rest of my life without my soulmate than be treated the way I've been treated by you. Forgiving you isn't a problem for me. Looking at you the same way is the problem. I don't respect you. I don't trust you. I love you and I'm physically attracted to you and heaven knows I'd love to have sex once this century, but I can't even wrap my head around the thought of removing a piece of clothing in front of you after what's happened and how violated I feel right now.
asfhlsdhifuh
RE: If a Div I coach coaches high school athletes, how do the the recruting rules work? 1/15/2013 9:37PM - in reply to curious about recruiting rules Reply | Return to Index | Report Post