Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
first step of the program is
Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 5:31PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For me, Lance must go all in tonight and not play any games or try to manipulate. Anything short of the following from Lance will mean for me that he will forever be known as the greatest fraud in sports:

1. Full confession: every drug, every tour title.
2. Name names: Every team, doctor, rider who Lance knows did drugs or pushed drugs on riders
3. Take down UCI: admit to his influence of UCI and anything he did to get them to look the other way and let riders continue to dope
4. 100% acknowledgment of wrong doing. No moral relativism. No excuses. Own up to the fact that doping was wrong and admit that we will never know who was the best rider because doping beats out talent.
5. Commit to sharing everything he knows about doping with WADA to help them improve testing and stop drug cheats

Obviously, it is an interview with Oprah and it won't be in depth enough to get all this out. But, if any of those subjects come up, Lance needs to put it all out their and not hold anything back. Lance could save cycling by coming clean and standing up for clean riding. But this is the only chance.
Some nerd
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 5:40PM - in reply to first step of the program is Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Everything on your list. Also, a Sincere apology to all the people who he wronged for speaking the truth. (Betsy, Emma, Lemond etc). Emphasis on sincere.
CAS
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 5:42PM - in reply to first step of the program is Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Totally agree, but he has a lot of work to do after. Building Respect and trust take effort to right the wrong over a period of time without repeat mistakes. Admitting it is the easy part. Especially for Lance because the circumstances are in his favor and no one has the means or time or energy to invest in a legal process or it would've already been done. And then after people are going to hear, people might think about it and say some harsh comment and then 5 minutes later they turned the channel because thats what they always do after they hear about devastating news they are powerless to fix. The hard part are the years of Lance having to live a different way. Breaking habits and changing is harder than admitting.
Who caresanyhow
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 5:42PM - in reply to Some nerd Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For me just say he did it. I mean if you didn't think he was dirty then you were naive.

I am so tired of this stuff.
if you are tired go away
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 5:48PM - in reply to Who caresanyhow Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Get his arms COMPLETELY around Oprah when he gives her a big hug.
Lorenzo the Magnificent
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 5:50PM - in reply to first step of the program is Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
commit seppuku
Precious Roy
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 5:55PM - in reply to Who caresanyhow Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I always wonder what would have happened had Pete Rose come clean. He is, in slightly different way, to baseball what Lance is to cycling. Pete was one of the greatest to play the game and a good coach too. But he had bad gambling problem. When he got caught, he basically did what Lance has done to date. As a result, he goes down in history as a villan. But, had he come clean, made his gambling addiction public and worked towards speaking out about gambling, he could have saved himself. Tonight will be Lance's Pete Rose moment.

Above and beyond all else, I need to hear Lance admit that he made doping in cycling worse and that he was competing as much to have the best doping program as he was to be the best cyclist. He can't give us the old "I had no choice" . . ."Everyone doped" . . ."I would still have won if everyone was clean" crap. He needs to say I won because I doped and everyone competing with me had no choice but to dope.
CAS
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 5:56PM - in reply to Lorenzo the Magnificent Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Except Americans think that's the cowardly way out and you won't get respect.
Booby1
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 5:57PM - in reply to first step of the program is Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Lance will earn my respect if he calls Tygart a anus hole and says he did what he had to do just like everyone else. And by the way Wiggins is a doper.
Matthew Foley
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 6:00PM - in reply to first step of the program is Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
suck himself off without using his hands
dont do a jerry
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 6:08PM - in reply to first step of the program is Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
He's one of the greatest athletes I've ever seen. I don't care about PEDs and will never lose respect for Lance.

Well unless he does a Sandusky or something
my idol when I was 12
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 6:08PM - in reply to Precious Roy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Precious Roy wrote:

I always wonder what would have happened had Pete Rose come clean. He is, in slightly different way, to baseball what Lance is to cycling. Pete was one of the greatest to play the game and a good coach too. But he had bad gambling problem. When he got caught, he basically did what Lance has done to date. As a result, he goes down in history as a villan. .

Really? The only people who had it in for Pete was the ignorant sensationalizing media. In a recent poll almost 2/3rds think Pete should be in the Hall of Fame. From day one when he got banned, he has ALWAYS had the majority of the people believe he should be in the Hall of Fame.
Once an Expert
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 6:15PM - in reply to my idol when I was 12 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Do nothing else. Nothing has changed, he is still the greatest cyclist ever.
Daedalus
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 7:27PM - in reply to Once an Expert Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Grow a pair, not just get a bigger one.
Some lunatic
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 7:29PM - in reply to Daedalus Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Get ow to toss his salad
dur dur
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 7:33PM - in reply to first step of the program is Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
steroids are not cheating because theya re available to everyone. even junior high kids all over america use them, so just shut up about it and accept the fact that different people take different vitamins than you because they have more desire to win than you.
formidable doer of the nasty
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 7:36PM - in reply to Lorenzo the Magnificent Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Lorenzo the Magnificent wrote:

commit seppuku

+1
Moby
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 7:38PM - in reply to first step of the program is Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The guy is supposedly worth $125M. If he donates $124,500,000 to charity (not the Dopestrong Foundation) I'll forgive him.
No way he comes clean
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 7:42PM - in reply to first step of the program is Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Agree with 1 thru 5. Additionally,

6. Of his own volition, pay back all monies received (with interest)... such as SCA, The Times, U.S. Postal, Amaury Sport Organization, etc. etc... everyone he received a dime from he pays back voluntarily to the best of his calculations... even if it means he liquidates all of his real estate, all of his corporate ownership, all of his stocks and bonds, etc. and humbles himself into living in a modest 3 br / 1br 1000 sqft house to make it happen... that would be a significant indication that he's comprehended his wrongdoing

7. Public apology, via televised press conference and follow-on hand written personal letters, to all innocent parties he trampled... Emma O'Reilly, Besty Andreu, Filippo Simeoni, Christophe Bassons, Travis Tygart, etc. etc... the list is so long... I'd want to hear him say very explicitly something along the lines of "Emma, I called you a whore... you're not, you're a strong, courageous, beautiful woman and I am so sorry"; "Betsy, I called you a fat, ugly, bitch... you're not, you're a tenacious, principled human being and I respect you". A serious, personal, heartfelt apology to each and every person he attempted to destroy would be a good start.
CAS
RE: Lance must ___________ tonight to earn your respect 1/14/2013 7:45PM - in reply to Moby Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
My family wouldn't want him in jail. They'd require him to do something far more painful for him - attend and serve their church to make up for his lies and lack of values.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |