Nutrition idiot
Why are peanuts a healthier snack than potato chips? 1/11/2013 4:52PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Besides the protein, why are nuts considered such a healthy alternative to potato chips or other salty snacks? They have just as much fat if not more... so why does everyone say they're SO much healthier?
RAC
RE: Why are peanuts a healthier snack than potato chips? 1/11/2013 4:59PM - in reply to Nutrition idiot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Guppy
RE: Why are peanuts a healthier snack than potato chips? 1/11/2013 5:03PM - in reply to Nutrition idiot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Very appropriate handle. Rather than explaining this to you, I suggest you click the link provided above and do some googling.
ShalaneXXX
RE: Why are peanuts a healthier snack than potato chips? 1/11/2013 7:43PM - in reply to Nutrition idiot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
different kinds of fat. a lot of fat in nuts is monounsaturated
snf hj dot fuka snuff
RE: Why are peanuts a healthier snack than potato chips? 1/11/2013 7:52PM - in reply to ShalaneXXX Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Healthy fat, more fiber, various vitamins and minerals...and nuts make your duodenum chirp like a pterodactyl with retarded talons and a malfunctioning left nipple.
Bruinboy
RE: Why are peanuts a healthier snack than potato chips? 1/11/2013 7:55PM - in reply to snf hj dot fuka snuff Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
NOthing worse than fried starch
Randy Oldman
RE: Why are peanuts a healthier snack than potato chips? 1/11/2013 7:56PM - in reply to snf hj dot fuka snuff Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I think I hear a duodenum chirping outside of my window now.
Got my Nut
RE: Why are peanuts a healthier snack than potato chips? 1/11/2013 8:25PM - in reply to Nutrition idiot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Potato chips are fried in low quality, unhealthy, potentially rancid oil, are too salty, and don't contain much in the way of micronutrients. Imagine 3 weeks ago someone took some potatoes, cut 'em up, and fried them in the cheapest Wal Mart oil around. They used that oil for a while, too (don't worry, there's some potentially cancer-causing chemicals in the oil to stop it from tasting too bad when it gets old). Then they bagged those chips up and sent them your way.

Peanuts aren't the best choice as far as nuts go, anyway. You'd be better off with raw almonds or dry roasted cashews.
RuKiddingMe!!
RE: Why are peanuts a healthier snack than potato chips? 1/11/2013 8:27PM - in reply to Got my Nut Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
EFAs
Bad Wigins
RE: Why are peanuts a healthier snack than potato chips? 1/11/2013 11:13PM - in reply to Nutrition idiot Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
They're not. And they're not nuts, since some fools think they are. They're legumes.

For a healthy snack you should eat meat. Makes you big and strong.