Pages: | 1 | 2 |
agip
RE: Hall, Meb and Abdi to run 2013 Boston Marathon 1/8/2013 3:25PM - in reply to What the heck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

What the heck wrote:

agip wrote:

I'd be surprised if Hall breaks 2:11 - he was hurt for a long time. Abdi will run 2:12 and Meb 2:09 again.

And none of them will be in the top 7.

The only time in the history of the Boston Marathon that 2:09:00 would not have placed in the top 7 was 2011. Most years it would be top three.

Are you predicting another hurricane force wind?

__

Good call. I was thinking of Ritz running 207 in Chicago and being what - 9th? Interesting either how fast chicago is or how slow boston is.
douglas burke
RE: Hall, Meb and Abdi to run 2013 Boston Marathon 1/8/2013 5:30PM - in reply to agip Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
all the top americans are there except ritz, (not counting rupp who has said no marathons until after 2016 olympics)

field will be strong, it always is.
Tommy2Nuttz
RE: Hall, Meb and Abdi to run 2013 Boston Marathon 1/8/2013 8:07PM - in reply to boop Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
And this is supposed to scare who?

I dont see a top 10 on that list.
John O'Donnell
RE: Hall, Meb and Abdi to run 2013 Boston Marathon 1/10/2013 6:57PM - in reply to agip Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
With regard to this post, I will only address Meb. Maybe the guy can't go under 2:09, but he's a throwback, and I have underestimated him his entire career. He's an anomoly. In an age when everyone and his brother is running under 2:07, here is what Meb has done with a 2:09: second in the Olys, fourth in the Olys, first and fourth at NYC. Someday he'll be one day too old and one marathon too many, but I, for one, have underestimated him far too long. He doesn't do time trials. It's a hilly course, and more often than not, the weather is too hot. That's Meb's kind of race. Uhnderestimate him at your own risk.
-
RE: Hall, Meb and Abdi to run 2013 Boston Marathon 1/10/2013 8:48PM - in reply to John O'Donnell Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yes! Regardless of the rest of the field, I'm excited to see what Meb can do. Firstly, I think he can definitely run under 2:09, if only ever so slightly. Obviously this depends on the conditions, but he's at least a contender to win. I've been really impressed by him these past two years.
Pages: | 1 | 2 |