Maggss
D1 college runner transfer 12/30/2012 11:33PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hello all,

Im going to try to keep this short. Basically my coach isnt what I expected and my training is very self dependent. Not that isnt necessary im just looking for structure.

I run for a lower tier D1 school on the east coast. I would like stay on the east coast as well as D1 (that has my major/good program for sports med/kinesiology/ex sci)

im a sophomore

My GPA is only a 3.2

My PR's are not great,Again I still would like to stay D1. walk on of course, idc if i compete. Im very self motivated and hardworking. I really just enjoy running and improving myself and everything that comes with running for a school.

Prs are going to be slightly off for confidentiality

3000 8:39
5000 15:04
8000k 25:20
10000 31:15
Maggss
RE: D1 college runner transfer 12/30/2012 11:36PM - in reply to Maggss Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
sorry the question is does anyone recommend any schools?
well..
RE: D1 college runner transfer 12/30/2012 11:48PM - in reply to Maggss Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
improve your gpa and your track times will get better.

Go to a school, that accepts your credits at your current school so you graduate after 4 years or at worst 5.
2Centz
RE: D1 college runner transfer 12/31/2012 2:07AM - in reply to well.. Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Elon, Fairfield, Marist, Davidson, Quinnipiac are all schools that pop into my head immediately for running and sports medicine.
duuude
RE: D1 college runner transfer 12/31/2012 9:57AM - in reply to Maggss Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Maggss wrote:

Hello all,

Im going to try to keep this short. Basically my coach isnt what I expected and my training is very self dependent. Not that isnt necessary im just looking for structure.

I run for a lower tier D1 school on the east coast. I would like stay on the east coast as well as D1 (that has my major/good program for sports med/kinesiology/ex sci)

im a sophomore

My GPA is only a 3.2

My PR's are not great,Again I still would like to stay D1. walk on of course, idc if i compete. Im very self motivated and hardworking. I really just enjoy running and improving myself and everything that comes with running for a school.

Prs are going to be slightly off for confidentiality

3000 8:39
5000 15:04
8000k 25:20
10000 31:15

would make a good d3 runner. but probably too stupid.
I used to know
RE: D1 college runner transfer 12/31/2012 10:10AM - in reply to Maggss Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Several PSAC schools (Division 2) have excellent sports medicine programs. Your pr's would make you competitive in that conference. Explore Slippery Rock, Lock Haven, West Chester.
advice from above
RE: D1 college runner transfer 12/31/2012 10:26AM - in reply to Maggss Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why are you so stuck on going to a D1 school? You could go D2 or NAIA, have a coach who works with you, and actually have some success.
Maggss
RE: D1 college runner transfer 1/1/2013 4:41PM - in reply to advice from above Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I would love to go to Davidson its relatively close, Although I probably couldnt afford it or get in with my GPA. I would like to go somewhere that has a great coaching and training staff as well as facilities. I will check into those programs. BTW I live in Eastern North Carolina.
Maggss
RE: D1 college runner transfer 1/1/2013 4:57PM - in reply to Maggss Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I guess I could run D2 if I had to.
eagles
RE: D1 college runner transfer 1/1/2013 5:09PM - in reply to Maggss Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
American sounds like a good fit.
2Centz
RE: D1 college runner transfer 1/6/2013 11:16PM - in reply to Maggss Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Elon is pretty similar and not too far from Davidson, and if you are set on an exercise science path then i got 2 friends there and they say they have an actual cadaver lab. I dont know if thats special or not, I just know they talk about it a lot.

But yea make sure you definitely do some research and find a good fit for what you want academically and athletically.
Coach H
RE: D1 college runner transfer 1/7/2013 9:38AM - in reply to Maggss Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Contact me if your interested in running for the NAIA. I coach a program that currently has two freshman that ran low 25's should be in the 24's next season we are coming off a xc season that saw us finish 10th nationally and we have won 5 straight conference championships. My question to you are you willing to run and compete nationally or stay at the bottom of D1 athletics? My school is in Kansas and we have scholarships available. Please contact me if interested.

Thanks
livingdadream
RE: D1 college runner transfer 1/7/2013 10:12AM - in reply to Maggss Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Check out High Point University. I hear they have the majors you are looking for with additions coming next year to that area. An up and coming cross country and track program also.
rules
RE: D1 college runner transfer 1/7/2013 12:45PM - in reply to Coach H Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I take that, in order for this coach to post this, that the NAIA has much more lax rules than the NCAA.
webfoot
RE: D1 college runner transfer 1/7/2013 12:53PM - in reply to rules Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rules wrote:

I take that, in order for this coach to post this, that the NAIA has much more lax rules than the NCAA.

Does the NAIA or NCAA have rules against responding to anonymous posters on a message board?
Wait just a sec
RE: D1 college runner transfer 1/9/2013 1:28AM - in reply to Coach H Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
"My question to you are you willing to run and compete nationally or stay at the bottom of D1 athletics?"

Before taking this jab at any school mentioned prior recognize that your successes are only as sweet as the competition it is won against. And who are you to say that OP is only destined for 'the bottom of D1 athletics'. Be careful with the generalizations Coach H.
If I were to generalize as you have I could say, "My question for you OP is are you willing to go to a schools that people have heard of in the NCAA or go to one that no one outside of Overland Park, Kansas knows of just like all other NAIA schools." This would is a gross generalization and certainly uncalled for just as yours was prior.

I personally would appreciate it if you acted more professional with things you sign your name so it doesn't reflect poorly back onto yourself and Baker University.

/rantover
Mr. V
RE: D1 college runner transfer 1/9/2013 6:40AM - in reply to Wait just a sec Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Queens University in Charlotte would be a decent d2 option in the area. Their distance coach was at ECU the past few years and has had some decent success. They have also had some solid distance runners in the past few years.
Furman
RE: D1 college runner transfer 1/9/2013 6:45AM - in reply to Mr. V Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Furman