LetsRun.com
your benevolent dictator
Is Marion Jones in new Kmart Commercial? Say it Ain't So!! 12/29/2012 6:42PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
We just received an email from an LRC visitor stating the following:

I am pretty sure I am seeing Marion Jones appear in a Kmart commercial on the AMC network in an add urging customers to Sprint to Kmart for savings...certainly Kmart could have utilized a current US Sprinter that has not been disgraced by drug use...an adorable alternative could be Dee Trotter, Sanya Richards Ross...and dozens of others...

Is this true? If so, it's ridiculous.

In googling to see if it was true, I realize that someone else started a thread on this 4 hours ago and for some reason (none that I can see other than people thought it was a joke) it was deleted. My apologies.

Mods, please don't delete. This is a legitimate thread.

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4973882
Umiytty
RE: Is Marion Jones in new Kmart Commercial? Say it Ain't So!! 12/29/2012 8:12PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's not her....you'd have to be stupid
badgerl miles
RE: Is Marion Jones in new Kmart Commercial? Say it Ain't So!! 12/29/2012 9:30PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Haven't seen the comercial, and I'm not saying it isn't her, but think of all the commercials where they hire actors who look or sound like someone famous.
NAACP
RE: Is Marion Jones in new Kmart Commercial? Say it Ain't So!! 12/30/2012 9:28PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
We all don't look alike. Clearly not Marion Jones.
Blues
RE: Is Marion Jones in new Kmart Commercial? Say it Ain't So!! 12/31/2012 10:29AM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Hopefully this isn't the KMart commercial you're referring to... Other than somewhat similar skin shading, what else resembles Marion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puCmMHwwZuo
a white dude
RE: Is Marion Jones in new Kmart Commercial? Say it Ain't So!! 12/31/2012 10:46AM - in reply to Blues Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Blues wrote:

Hopefully this isn't the KMart commercial you're referring to... Other than somewhat similar skin shading, what else resembles Marion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puCmMHwwZuo

In all seriousness, that does not look like her.
a brown dude
RE: Is Marion Jones in new Kmart Commercial? Say it Ain't So!! 12/31/2012 11:27AM - in reply to a white dude Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That ain't Marion, although the eyes are similar.

But you know what would be funny? An ad for Nike showing Marion running away from The Law while wearing their latest, greatest shoes.

Actually, they could do a whole series: Marion, Suzy, Lance ... it would be AWESOME!
ukathleticscoach
RE: Is Marion Jones in new Kmart Commercial? Say it Ain't So!! 12/31/2012 4:30PM - in reply to LetsRun.com Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Interesting that so few posts got the front page