Pages: | 1 | 2 |
LDOPA
Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/26/2012 9:39PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
For me, I'd say I'm mostly a Goku. I run hard and throw in more surges than I probably should, which is kind of like how Goku went up to a Kaioken x4 even though King Kai told him not to go above a Kaioken x2. I always make sure I finish with a bang and leave nothing on the course, regardless of any other upcoming races, like how Goku almost dies (or does die) in like every fight. But also like Goku, I try to make everything in my training as fun and lighthearted as possible.

And also much like Goku, I perform well above my expected ability. I'm not built like your typical distance runner, but still do pretty well. Goku was only a 3rd class Saiyan warrior but still did a number on Vegeta and eventually became a Super Saiyan.

What about everyone else? Any Vegetas out there? Any Krillins? Yamchas? Yajirobis?
SSJ3vegeto
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/26/2012 9:55PM - in reply to LDOPA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I would have to say Chiaotzu. I'm pretty sucky and I often die in races. I'm also much smaller than average.
LDOPA
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/26/2012 11:49PM - in reply to SSJ3vegeto Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

SSJ3vegeto wrote:

I would have to say Chiaotzu. I'm pretty sucky and I often die in races. I'm also much smaller than average.


Does this mean that you faded into running obscurity somewhere after high school and eventually spent your life hiking with your training partner?
The fantasy
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 12:51AM - in reply to LDOPA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Definitely Goku as well. I take it to another level when I get extremely pissed off.
LDOPA
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 9:07AM - in reply to The fantasy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

The fantasy wrote:

Definitely Goku as well. I take it to another level when I get extremely pissed off.


That's more of a Gohan characteristic, or even a Vegeta one. That happened to Goku like, once.
ya.....
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 9:26AM - in reply to LDOPA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm more of a Gohan, I had a lot of potential when I was younger, but I never really amounted to anything even after going mystic.
0bi
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 9:28AM - in reply to LDOPA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
VEEEEEEGEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
might be wejo
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 9:57AM - in reply to 0bi Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Ryan Hall is like Piccolo, uses weighted training clothes.

Alan Webb is like Pikkon, a one trick pony.

Galen Rupp is like Goku, uses high tech training similar to 100x gravity and hyperbolic time chambers.

Ritz is like Gohan, totally awesome sometimes and sucky/impotent the rest of the time.

USATF is like the Grand Kai, totally full of crap.

Mark Wetmore is like Master Roshi, great coach but super creepy.
body master
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 11:27AM - in reply to LDOPA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I'm like Vegeta. I train so hard and then ascend and toy with everyone but then someone new comes along and woops my ass. For instance, the transition from high school to college etc.
DBZ No Work for Me
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 11:32AM - in reply to LDOPA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
My training plan is to scream as loud as I can but it still hasn't made my hair get big.
Logan Decker
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 11:36AM - in reply to LDOPA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Gohan, he had a lot of hidden potential and was very strong as a child. As he grew older though, he didn't live up to his potential
ThunderShock
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 11:57AM - in reply to LDOPA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Pikachu
t94bell
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 11:58AM - in reply to LDOPA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Krillin. Always the underdog, always getting some debilitating condition and then somehow reviving myself.
Naan-o
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 1:22PM - in reply to LDOPA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

LDOPA wrote:

For me, I'd say I'm mostly a Goku. I run hard and throw in more surges than I probably should, which is kind of like how Goku went up to a Kaioken x4 even though King Kai told him not to go above a Kaioken x2. I always make sure I finish with a bang and leave nothing on the course, regardless of any other upcoming races, like how Goku almost dies (or does die) in like every fight. But also like Goku, I try to make everything in my training as fun and lighthearted as possible.

And also much like Goku, I perform well above my expected ability. I'm not built like your typical distance runner, but still do pretty well. Goku was only a 3rd class Saiyan warrior but still did a number on Vegeta and eventually became a Super Saiyan.

What about everyone else? Any Vegetas out there? Any Krillins? Yamchas? Yajirobis?


Man, you think pretty highly of yourself eh?
might be wejo
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 1:59PM - in reply to Naan-o Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Oh I forgot, most of Letsrun is like Frieza because they run the 800 on pure hate.
Guppy
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 2:03PM - in reply to might be wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

might be wejo wrote:

Ryan Hall is like Piccolo, uses weighted training clothes.

Alan Webb is like Pikkon, a one trick pony.

Galen Rupp is like Goku, uses high tech training similar to 100x gravity and hyperbolic time chambers.

Ritz is like Gohan, totally awesome sometimes and sucky/impotent the rest of the time.

USATF is like the Grand Kai, totally full of crap.

Mark Wetmore is like Master Roshi, great coach but super creepy.


I found this to be both funny and accurate. Thank you.
1SICKLEX
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 2:04PM - in reply to LDOPA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
DBZ is racist!!! don't watch that shit.
Erki Nool
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 2:30PM - in reply to 1SICKLEX Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
LDOPA
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 4:02PM - in reply to Naan-o Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Naan-o wrote:

Man, you think pretty highly of yourself eh?


Well also like Goku, I acknowledge there are better runners (fighters) out there and I seek to compete on their level.
Foreigner
RE: Which Dragonball Z character does your racing/training style most closely represent? 12/27/2012 7:58PM - in reply to LDOPA Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Farmer with shotgun suits my 4:38 PR just fine
Pages: | 1 | 2 |