Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
M.C. Confusing
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 1:59AM - in reply to Doping R U Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Doping R U wrote:

I do have to agee that maybe she's an idiot...or maybe we are the idiots.

June 30, 2012: She ran a 2:03.44 in the Oly Trials Finals
then a few weeks later on
July 22, 2012: She runs 2.5 sec faster(1:59.98) at Ninove;
Then five weeks later,
Sept 4, 2012, She runs an even faster 1:59.61 at Zagreb.

(oops, overdid it on that last one).

Really? You are going to use as evidence of cheating a less than 4 second spread from her slowest performance in a championship final in mid season, to her fastest performance of the season at the tail end of the season? When it is her worst season bests in the past few years? You have GOT to be joking.
.i.
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 2:04AM - in reply to Ho Hum Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ho Hum wrote:

To be fair, extensive outdoor exercise is known to cause asthma under certain conditions. If cyclists are out on the roads for 3-4 hours a day in the winter, they probably really do have exercise induced asthma.

6-7 hours would be more accurate.
Go Afrika
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 4:22AM - in reply to Ho Hum Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Ho Hum wrote:

No it isn't. I'm not particularly a fan (meaning I don't care, not that I dislike her), but let's not be total idiots.

Here is what a typical female steroid user looks like: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Vm1IUl307fg/TJcyEAhaseI/AAAAAAAAAZM/Bi08hAhSg2c/s1600/4.jpg

Here is what Maggy Vessey looks like: http://athletestatus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/mv2-300x300.jpg

You are comparing different events. No need for her to look like the incredible hulk as a middle distance runner.
A Duck
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 7:14AM - in reply to Crenshaw Clawson Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Crenshaw Clawson wrote:

What I find most interesting is that her coach, Rose Monday, was on the drug committee at USATF, and is widely known to be on top of this issue. How could Maggie not know what she was taking when her coach was one of the most knowledgeable in the business. It just doesn't pass the smell test. And by the way, didn't Maggie declare that she was retired?

She may have been in the process of switching coaches.
HGH333333
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 12:48PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
HGH only shows in a drug test if taken 12 hours before tested. Every 800 meter runner at the world level is on "growth".

I used to believe some athletes/ runners at the top level could be clean. Then I realized though facts and athletes my belief was wrong.

Drugs rule elite Track & Field and always will. Sad but true.
Seargent Joe Friday
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 2:26PM - in reply to Ho Hum Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Thank you Ho Hum, you illustrate perfectly the reason that someone, a female, would take something like Aldactone (which produces the metabolite canrenone).

From a site which tells people how to dope and not get caught.

"It is newsworthy to note that Aldactone is as well an antiandrogen because it cuts down the androgen levels. Female athletes capitalize on this feature by utilizing it to reduce the masculinization symptoms associated with steroid hormone treatment"

Ho Hum wrote:

No it isn't. I'm not particularly a fan (meaning I don't care, not that I dislike her), but let's not be total idiots.

Here is what a typical female steroid user looks like: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Vm1IUl307fg/TJcyEAhaseI/AAAAAAAAAZM/Bi08hAhSg2c/s1600/4.jpg

Here is what Maggy Vessey looks like: http://athletestatus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/mv2-300x300.jpg
alanson
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 2:40PM - in reply to Seargent Joe Friday Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Somehow it's easy to believe this was an accident, in spite of the fact that chronologically she's a seasoned pro.
Duldo Time
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 4:45PM - in reply to A Duck Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Interesting that she was in the process of changing coaches. Is it possible that Rose Monday was making her take the clean route, so she was looking elsewhere for another "supplemental" route to performance? I agree that it doesn't pass that smell test.
Go Afrika
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 5:14PM - in reply to HGH333333 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

HGH333333 wrote:

HGH only shows in a drug test if taken 12 hours before tested. Every 800 meter runner at the world level is on "growth".

I used to believe some athletes/ runners at the top level could be clean. Then I realized though facts and athletes my belief was wrong.

Drugs rule elite Track & Field and always will. Sad but true.

When you depend of you body to make a living and you have to perform well to keep your sponsors happy and make money, I don't think you have another choice. Nobody cares about the athlete that finished in 8th place. What bothers me is the false impression that is sold in the general population about hard work and that you can make without doping. Pure bs.
real old guy
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 5:42PM - in reply to Duldo Time Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You people should write for the movies or the soaps. I cannot believe the speculation and fantasies being put out here. How about this for a possibility: Athlete goes to doctor for a skin condition or in Solo's case cramps, and is prescribed a medication. Athlete wrongfully and stupidly assumes medication is safe. USADA investigates, is supplied with all the data needed to come to a fair, in their opinion, (which is the only one that matters) decision.
Many posters here believe all athletes are dirty and just waiting to be popped. What a crappy attitude. Why bother following the sport if that is your opinion?
Seargent Joe Friday
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 6:36PM - in reply to real old guy Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Movies and soaps would pale in comparison to reality.

As for "Athlete wrongfully and stupidly assumes medication is safe." It is her job as a professional athlete to report every medication, supplement or vitamin that goes into her mouth - especially a PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION! Especially a medication that is marketed as a masking agent which just so happens to be the perfect agent for use by a female taking androgens and who doesn't want to look like Jarmila Kratochvílová or Carmelita Jeter!

As another poster pointed out, who was in the testing pool - "Look, I was in the testing pool for many years. EVERY SINGLE TIME I was prescribed something to take whether it be orally, topically, nasally, etc. I looked it up on USADAs web site. It is incredibly easy to do. You just type in the drug name and it tells you if it's banned, if you need a TUE, etc. I mean honestly, there is absolutely no excuse."

Read more: http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=4965771#ixzz2FpYqFVH2
C'mon
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 7:11PM - in reply to +ve test Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You're an idiot1 she tested positive for a banned substance! she is considered dirty!!!
Hmm m m
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 7:14PM - in reply to M.C. Confusing Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Monday has unique insight into doping, given who her training partner was in the Bay area....
Galen Rupp Number on Fan
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 7:27PM - in reply to Go Afrika Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
that is why its so laughable when people claim that Cam Levins is clean and its all about his supposed high mileage. He is doped to the gills just like all of them. He has obviously just run a better doping program so I.suppose we should give him credit for that "hard work"!
wallace Gearman
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 8:01PM - in reply to C'mon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

C'mon wrote:

You're an idiot1 she tested positive for a banned substance! she is considered dirty!!!

No dude you are an idiot. It is a legal substance if you have a TUE. Now she does. So the same substance you are calling her dirty for she will now be able to take legally with USADA's knowledge. How is this going to enhance her performance? How does this make a difference?
Nappy Roots
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 8:35PM - in reply to wallace Gearman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I have another question: How do these extremely fit, healthy athletes have so many medical problems that require prescription medications? It would seem fairly logical to ask how young, healthy, super-elite athletes have so many medical ailments that require multi-faceted interventions.
C'mon
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 10:18PM - in reply to wallace Gearman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
She is dirty! there are many legal substances out there--stuff you can even buy in a drug store. However, as an elite athlete it's her resposibility to know what is on the banned list! Therfore, she is dirty!!!
R00T Group
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 10:22PM - in reply to Nappy Roots Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nappy, you make an excellent point. I was surprised by the fact that Galen Rupp overcoming both hypotroidism and asthma wasn't "advertised" at the Olympics.

Nappy Roots wrote:

I have another question: How do these extremely fit, healthy athletes have so many medical problems that require prescription medications? It would seem fairly logical to ask how young, healthy, super-elite athletes have so many medical ailments that require multi-faceted interventions.
R00T Group
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 10:28PM - in reply to wallace Gearman Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
The substance that she is/was taking does not improve performance, but it does mask other performance enhancing drugs. She was taking a prescription drug, which happened to be banned; she didn't bother to disclose that she was taking a prescription drug and obviously didn't have a TUE.

wallace Gearman wrote:

No dude you are an idiot. It is a legal substance if you have a TUE. Now she does. So the same substance you are calling her dirty for she will now be able to take legally with USADA's knowledge. How is this going to enhance her performance? How does this make a difference?
vghojbnjk
RE: Maggie Vessey tests positive 12/22/2012 10:33PM - in reply to Go Afrika Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Go Afrika wrote:

Ho Hum wrote:

You are comparing different events. No need for her to look like the incredible hulk as a middle distance runner.[/quote]

Right, different events...

You do know who the person in the top picture is, don't you?
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |