Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Patriot League Fan
2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/17/2012 1:10PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's still early, and not time to start making predictions, but some interesting things have happened so far.

Navy has the top six spots in the pole vault right now, and their freshmen look pretty good.

Martin Otieno of Lehigh the next Patriot League sprint star?

Lupica looks dominant early.

John Dugan got a 10:xx conversion for a 5k? Did the conversions change this year or something?

Bucknell has a 4:16 freshman miler.

Navy had an 800 runner break 8:30 in the 3k.

Bucknell throwers are cleaning up.

Ciez back on top in the high jump.
DitkasBears
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/17/2012 5:53PM - in reply to Patriot League Fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yeah the flat track conversions have changed this year quite considerably. 5K is like 10 seconds, mile is like 3ish. These new conversions should be interesting given leagues will be held at the flat track of Army. Could lead to some hot times going into IC4As
fan of the sport
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/17/2012 9:45PM - in reply to DitkasBears Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Yep, lots of IC4A qualifiers coming from flat 200 tracks. No need to chase times at Armory or BU anymore.
Mugga
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/18/2012 12:20AM - in reply to fan of the sport Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
But is a ten second conversion really fair? Just wondering, it seems a bit ridiculous to me
:(
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/18/2012 1:04AM - in reply to Mugga Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
unfortunately they probably overcompensated, especially in the distance events. I guess it is one of those things that is hard to get right, but I would rather see teams racing on banked then flat.
Mugga
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/18/2012 1:22PM - in reply to :( Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
That would have given Cody Rome about a 14:05 at indoor Patriots last year.

Regardless, the league looks stacked this year. I don't know who will be able to out kick Johnson, and did Army really get a 10.1 recruit?
Rustamon
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/18/2012 2:05PM - in reply to Patriot League Fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
A-N Beveridge who raced a week longer than any other Patriot League woman this fall, easily meets ECAC std in 5K, running 17:05 - a PR and nearly a track record.
Coach Rusty Trombone
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/20/2012 7:06PM - in reply to Rustamon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Shut up. No one cares.
PatLeg
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/21/2012 1:27AM - in reply to Patriot League Fan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bucknell has got to be the favorite early on. It doesn't look like navy will have their dominant distance runners this season anymore. Grant it, they are still going to have great runners. Bucknell just looks like a more complete T & F team right now.
Rustamon
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/21/2012 8:11AM - in reply to Coach Rusty Trombone Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Coach Rusty Trombone wrote:
Shut up. No one cares.

Oh, I forgot, this thread is guys on guys...Sorry!
Tatro
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/21/2012 9:41AM - in reply to Rustamon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bucknell lej frats harder than lehigh
Coach Rusty Trombone
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/21/2012 2:08PM - in reply to Rustamon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
you making fun of gay people? that's pretty fvcked up, dude. It's 2012, not 1963-hence you should not be investing all your free time into creeping on girls born in 1994, you perverted old fvck.
;aksjdf;salkfj
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/21/2012 6:04PM - in reply to PatLeg Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

PatLeg wrote:

Bucknell has got to be the favorite early on. It doesn't look like navy will have their dominant distance runners this season anymore. Grant it, they are still going to have great runners. Bucknell just looks like a more complete T & F team right now.

Did you really just say "grant it"???

It's "granted."

Please tell me you didn't go to Bucknell. You're embarrassing us.
suzyBONE
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/21/2012 11:05PM - in reply to ;aksjdf;salkfj Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This guy doesnt need to embarrass Bucknell, the athletes and coach do it enough.

Anyways, I heard Johnson is putting in some serious mileage in an attempt to qualify for the 5k at nattys. We are talking 130-140s.
way too late for me to be up
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/21/2012 11:09PM - in reply to suzyBONE Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Is johnson really a high mileage dude?
PatLeg
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/22/2012 1:52AM - in reply to ;aksjdf;salkfj Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

PatLeg wrote:

Did you really just say "grant it"???

It's "granted."

Please tell me you didn't go to Bucknell. You're embarrassing us.[/quote]

Did you understand the general meaning behind the post despite the grammar error? I bet you did since you are a Bucknellian. So why don't you shut the f*ck up and go knit pick something else. It is the people like you that give Bucknell a bad rep with their arrogance and over aggressive attitude. I'm not writing a essay that is going to be graded.
fan of the sport
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/22/2012 1:08PM - in reply to ;aksjdf;salkfj Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I would rather read about the upcoming track and field season on this running website rather than worrying about somebody's grammar on a social media site.
Rustamon
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/26/2012 10:45PM - in reply to Coach Rusty Trombone Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Coach Rusty Trombone wrote:

you making fun of gay people? that's pretty fvcked up, dude. It's 2012, not 1963-hence you should not be investing all your free time into creeping on girls born in 1994, you perverted old fvck.

Hey 'Bone,

Who sh*t in your lunchbox this morning? I make a post, a statement of fact, that this forum is mostly (all?) guys posting on topics limited to male athletes competing in the Patriot League and you accuse me of being homophobic? You are way off-base, my friend.

The subject of my original post just happened to be the best Patriot League finisher at XC Nationals and a Sophomore to boot. Not to mention that she then drops a 17:05 5K two weeks later in the first indoor meet of the season. She is currently, without question the best distance runner in the league measured against her peers. But you [whoever you are - we only know you are too feeble a troll to use a consistent user name] claim that "No one cares." And I agree, sadly... On this forum, you're right. This is a forum where guys post about the athletic exploits of other guys. When women athletes are mentioned it is almost always with a derisive and misogynistic undertone. And you have the insolence to suggest that my interest in women athletes is prurient? What planet are you from?
;aksjdf;salkfj
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/26/2012 10:55PM - in reply to PatLeg Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

PatLeg wrote:

Did you understand the general meaning behind the post despite the grammar error? I bet you did since you are a Bucknellian. So why don't you shut the f*ck up and go knit pick something else. It is the people like you that give Bucknell a bad rep with their arrogance and over aggressive attitude. I'm not writing a essay that is going to be graded.

Dude, you didn't even know that the phrase is "granted", not "grant it." I mean goddamn, this is like some elementary school sh*t.
stats guy
RE: 2012-13 Patriot League T&F 12/27/2012 10:06AM - in reply to Rustamon Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You made a gay joke he called you out on it move on. I'm really interested to see what kind of times Allen and Johnson can run this indoor season and how they'll stack up against one another come Championship time. Johnson has shown that he has some good speed for a 5k/10k guy (2:27 k 4:06 mile). American has always had guys that can close well though.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |