Gary Freilich
Adam Nelson Should Get Awarded Gold at 2016 Olympics in Rio 12/8/2012 1:42PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Why not have a ceremony in the main stadium during one of the nights of track & field awarding the new medals to Adam Nelson and everyone else who moved up as a result of the doping? Especially for the former fourth place finisher who never had a chance to stand on the podium, seems like a no brainer thing to do.
Raptured
RE: Adam Nelson Should Get Awarded Gold at 2016 Olympics in Rio 12/8/2012 2:08PM - in reply to Gary Freilich Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
No chance of that happening, unfortunately. The IOC won't want to draw attention to the rampant doping.
O.o
RE: Adam Nelson Should Get Awarded Gold at 2016 Olympics in Rio 12/8/2012 6:37PM - in reply to Raptured Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Because Adam Nelson is clearly doping as well

You don't simply throw the exact same distance and then farther in competition than a doper without yourself doping.
logician
RE: Adam Nelson Should Get Awarded Gold at 2016 Olympics in Rio 12/8/2012 7:02PM - in reply to O.o Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

O.o wrote:

Because Adam Nelson is clearly doping as well

You don't simply throw the exact same distance and then farther in competition than a doper without yourself doping.

So if I dope, and go throw the shotput 5 meters, being the out of shape distance runner that I am, that means that anyone who throws the same distance or farther than I did is automatically doping?
Nostradumbass
RE: Adam Nelson Should Get Awarded Gold at 2016 Olympics in Rio 12/8/2012 7:04PM - in reply to Gary Freilich Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
but remember, Adam gets eaten by a bear on 02-13-15.