Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
hmmmmm.....
Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 7:51AM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
It's that time of year again where company Christmas parties abound (unless your company has cut it for budgetary reasons). My company is holding its annual bash tonight and that got me thinking.

Many of these parties offer an open bar. What embarrassing things have you or your coworkers done over the years? Any good stories out there?

Or, alternatively, what really cool/swanky places has your company held their annual party? Any over-the-top ice sculptures or $500/ounce caviar at the buffet? $3000 bottles of wine?

As for myself, I've never really seen too much, other than the occasional drunk boss. What about you all?
Dennis Reynolds
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 8:27AM - in reply to hmmmmm..... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I once saw someone take a dump in a punch bowl at a Christmas party.
redux
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 8:40AM - in reply to Dennis Reynolds Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
One year the company hired a world-class barbershop quartet to serenade the employees at the Holiday luncheon. The company didn't do dinners/parties because they were too cheap to pay for food and drinks for spouses.

A few years later they ended up getting dumped from the NYSE for trading under $1 for too many weeks in a row. I think it was an elaborate ruse to siphon stockholder money into the C_Os' personal accounts as they all conveniently sold stock at its highest point while average employees were bound to a 5-year period where they could purchase, but not sell, company stock. Funny enough the five-year period expired months after the company sank...wah wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.
might be wejo
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 8:55AM - in reply to redux Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

redux wrote:

One year the company hired a world-class barbershop quartet to serenade the employees at the Holiday luncheon. The company didn't do dinners/parties because they were too cheap to pay for food and drinks for spouses.

A few years later they ended up getting dumped from the NYSE for trading under $1 for too many weeks in a row. I think it was an elaborate ruse to siphon stockholder money into the C_Os' personal accounts as they all conveniently sold stock at its highest point while average employees were bound to a 5-year period where they could purchase, but not sell, company stock. Funny enough the five-year period expired months after the company sank...wah wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.

I think you have one too many "wah"s. Its wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.
redux
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 9:27AM - in reply to might be wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Your probably right. wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.
Big John
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 9:36AM - in reply to hmmmmm..... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I work at a government research lab. Christmas (oh dear I meant to say holiday...I promise...HOLIDAY!!!) parties have been reduced to potluck in the conference room. It's pretty bad.
Big John
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 9:39AM - in reply to might be wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

might be wejo wrote:

Depends on which game show you grew up on. The Price Is Right for instance had four short wahs followed by a long dramatic wah.
random a hole
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 9:43AM - in reply to Big John Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
reasonable person here
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 9:43AM - in reply to Big John Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Big John wrote:

might be wejo wrote:

Depends on which game show you grew up on. The Price Is Right for instance had four short wahs followed by a long dramatic wah.

In that case the original wah guy had one too few wah's

either 1 too many or 1 too few, he screwed it up bof ways.
Slobbb
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 9:43AM - in reply to hmmmmm..... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I work in advertising and it is pretty customary for agencies to try to out-do each other with the Holiday party. One year we had an Asian themed party at the Mandarin Oriental and everyone got very drunk. There was a pretty hot Project Manager who was kind of quiet. She ended up blowing a (married) guy from Sales in the bathroom stall. Everyone knew what was going on and people were in there slapping the guy High-5s over the stall. I was appalled, despite being drunk.

Needless to say, she left the company shortly after and he got a divorce. I am Facebook friends with the girl and she has been very successful in business. Lives in London now.
Big John
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 9:46AM - in reply to hmmmmm..... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I went to one at the Pentagon one year. We were just there for a meeting and sort of got swept along with the party that followed in the same room our meeting was...with some of the same people. It was not crazy and over-the-top or anything, but they had beer on tap and liquor, which was served from what appeared to be a permanently installed bar. I found it surprising. It was sort of like a makeshift officers club or something deep within the Pentagon...kind of like what people would build in a refinished basement or something.
wineturtle
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 11:02AM - in reply to Big John Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This happen some years ago
-seems most of my life happened some years ago-

I had only been seeing Shelby for a short while when she invited me to go to her in-office holiday party. First person I spot is a gal I lived with for a couple of years.
We are into the second phase of a serious oldflame liplock just as Shelby walks up... give Shelby credit- as I remove my tongue from Carol's tonsils and turn to greet her, she calmly says with a smile "WiT let me introduce you to my boss and former best friend Carol".

Awkward situation defused-- A fine time was had by all!!!
hmmmmm..........
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 2:40PM - in reply to wineturtle Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Bump for replies.
might be wejo
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 3:05PM - in reply to hmmmmm.......... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
This thread is a total dud. Needs way more BJ stories and way less banter over sound effects. Just because it's Friday and you're phoning in your office performance doesn't mean you get to slack on LRC.
def not wejo
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 3:41PM - in reply to might be wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

might be wejo wrote:

This thread is a total dud. Needs way more BJ stories and way less banter over sound effects. Just because it's Friday and you're phoning in your office performance doesn't mean you get to slack on LRC.

agreed.

my story is not that cool. office party, i got pretty drunk but nothing crazy ever happened. an old teammate picks me up from the party and we road trip it (2 hours) to where we went to college for our teammates party. yeah, i went to a college party after i had a job, i think it was my only one though. i was drinking mad dog 20/20 the whole way there. we stopped at a gas station and i guess i somehow lost my $100 bill christmas bonus that i just received an hour before. every time my friend drives by that gas station he calls me to let me know that he did NOT find my christmas bonus.
One Wacky Night
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 3:52PM - in reply to might be wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
About two years ago when I was the "new guy" in the office we had a pretty crazy party. It was at this bar we were aloud to rent out since the bar's owner was my boss's brother. Let's just say many people were way past the legal limit. There was multiple people dancing on tables (one of which fell and I belive had a minor concussion), my older, but attractive (female) boss started hitting on me bad, the quiet girl in the office was making out with I think 3 different guys during the whole night, I saw two married (but not to each other) people sneak off together in the middle of the party, I saw 2 people sit and cry by themselves in the corner, I heard one of my friends confess that he hated work very loudly which made a couple people mad, one of our temps got lost coming back from the bathroom and then went into the wrong one at that, I got dome from my ex girlfriend in the bathroom, and finally there was a nice fight between two guys for which reason I can't rememeber. How do I remember it all? I didn't have one drink the entire night becuase being the "new kid" I was the designated driver. For some reson I am glad I wasn't drunk that night.
true story
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 3:54PM - in reply to hmmmmm..... Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
On Christmas Eve, I arrived in Los Angeles to reconcile with my estranged wife, Holly. The limo driver Argyle drove me to the Nakatomi Plaza building to meet Holly at a company Christmas party. While I changed clothes, the party is disrupted by the arrival of Hans Gruber and his heavily armed group who seizes the tower and secures those inside as hostages, except for me, who managed to slip away.

Long, story short, with a little help from Allen, the day was saved and my wife and I got back together, temporarily.
One Wacky Night
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 3:55PM - in reply to One Wacky Night Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Oh yeah by the way, alcahol has been banned at all our office parties fromm now on.
omg look at that thang
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 3:55PM - in reply to def not wejo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Met a girl and we got talking. I could tell she was in to me and very drunk. A couple hours went by and she said she had a boyfriend. We ended up in a closet and she gave me a b j. Later we left the party with a few other coworkers and her boyfriend showed up. It was very awkward meeting him and acting like nothing happened between me and his girlfriend. I remember shaking his hand and saying nice to meet you Weldon. I don't know to this day if she ever told him.
def not wejo
RE: Company Christmas Party Stories 12/7/2012 4:13PM - in reply to omg look at that thang Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
haha yeah right, like anyone is going to believe her bfs name was weldon. i mean, i think i have only ever heard of one dude named wel- o. awkward.
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |