Pages: | 1 | 2 |
rojo
co-founder
Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/4/2012 9:56PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
As we pointed out this summer, ties in tack and field/running are more common than people think. It's just not normally noticed unless an Olympic spt is on he line.

http://www.letsrun.com/news/2012/12/ben-bruce-and-joe-gray-tie-for-first-at-xterra-trail-run-worlds/

4-time champ Max King didn't defend his title.
Harry Seward
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/4/2012 10:29PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Pretty screwed up that both the men's and women's leaders took wrong turns at some point. Do these Xterra people know how to put on a race?
NoVan
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 12:05AM - in reply to Harry Seward Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I like how this race is billed as a "world championship" and almost all of the participants are Americans (or a foreigner attending college in Hawaii). It kind of makes me wonder why more races don't market themselves as "world championships" when nobody is stopping Nissa from doing this and its a pretty good marketing opportunity.
my doubts
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 6:49AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
AF v JT is an South Central Los Angeles vs East San Jose ghetto rivalry.
bguy232ss
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 7:09AM - in reply to my doubts Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
yeah...some rivalry i bet considering the cities are like 300 miles apart...
Billy Ray Valentine, Capricorn
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 7:15AM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Good to see former Maryland prep star Will Christian still tearing it up.
HC
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 8:14AM - in reply to NoVan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

NoVan wrote:

I like how this race is billed as a "world championship" and almost all of the participants are Americans (or a foreigner attending college in Hawaii). It kind of makes me wonder why more races don't market themselves as "world championships" when nobody is stopping Nissa from doing this and its a pretty good marketing opportunity.

Nissa hasn't been associated with XTerra events for many years. Despite still selling a terrible SUV of the same name.
hotwireed
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 1:43PM - in reply to Billy Ray Valentine, Capricorn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
yeah Will did awesome I saw him for maybe a mile. Felt bad for Gray as I think Bruce should be DQ'd for contact at finish.

Gray was the sacrificial lamb (sorry) as he was leading probably by over 35 seconds according to my wife and the staff kinda lead him off course and by time he came back Bruce was able to see where not to go so Joe pretty much traded his lead for an equal loss and still managed to tie. PROPS!
Manual Arts High School
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 1:47PM - in reply to my doubts Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Jeneba trains with Allyson in Los Angeles.
BBBB
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 2:04PM - in reply to NoVan Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Kind of like the North American Series...i mean "World Series"
Koneko
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 2:10PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
lol a "world championship" for dudes who aren't fast enough to be competitive on the roads, track, or in XC.

Tons of DI kids could beat these fools.
ukathleticscoach
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 2:46PM - in reply to Koneko Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Koneko wrote:

lol a "world championship" for dudes who aren't fast enough to be competitive on the roads, track, or in XC.

Nothing is stopping anyone doing this race

Didn't take long for someone to project their own failure at running onto someone else. Just accept you are a bum runner like the rest of us
dis beat
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 3:02PM - in reply to rojo Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
what's up with the super slow times? i understand they were running a tough course, but from what i saw in the pictures there were definitely some places to roll, and other than that, its just some long grass and narrow, fairly technical trails with lots of hills.
ukathleticscoach
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 3:24PM - in reply to dis beat Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

dis beat wrote:

what's up with the super slow times? i understand they were running a tough course, but from what i saw in the pictures there were definitely some places to roll, and other than that, its just some long grass and narrow, fairly technical trails with lots of hills.

It's a proper trail not like the golf courses you call xc in US
hotwireed
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 3:27PM - in reply to dis beat Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Think about it like this. You can run the first half of boston marathon backwards and a solid runner can go 5:30s right. Imagine that same course on a trail with rocks and such around. Its a different world. Look at some of the guys in this race. They have speed but still only run 6 min pace on it.
Koneko
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 6:01PM - in reply to dis beat Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

dis beat wrote:

The times are slow because these are D-list athletes. Have you ever heard of any of these dudes?
Bobaloo
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 7:10PM - in reply to BBBB Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

BBBB wrote:

Kind of like the North American Series...i mean "World Series"

Indeed. Any foot race that a couple of Americans can win is not a "world championship."

It is amusing that American pro baseball still insists on calling it the World Series, when everybody knows Japan is the true world champion of baseball -- twice running. Americans' true national pastime is delusion.
rojo
co-founder
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 7:22PM - in reply to Koneko Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Koneko wrote:

I didn't realize there were 'tons' of NCAA guys that could run 8:19.10 (Bruce's pb) for the steeple considering the American collegiate record in the steeple is 8:19.14

http://www.letsrun.com/2012/oxymen-0519.php

Only the former world record holder Henry Rono has run faster while in history.
rojo
co-founder
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 7:39PM - in reply to Koneko Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

Koneko wrote:

The times are slow because these are D-list athletes. Have you ever heard of any of these dudes?

Ben Bruce was 5th in the Olympic Trials this year. He went to world's last year. Big-time fans have heard of him.
useemsupset
RE: Allyson Felix & Jeneba Tarmoh Move Over - Ben Bruce & Joe Gray Tie For 2012 XTERRA Trail Run World Championship 12/5/2012 7:40PM - in reply to Koneko Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You seem to be upset about something. Are you mad that you couldn't make it to the race or have you just not accomplished anything in life and choose to be negative towards others who are accomplishing things you never could??? Who are you just curious
Pages: | 1 | 2 |