Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |
VIPAM
MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 4:44PM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Nothing wrong with her comment at the end of her interview. CAN'T WAIT FOR TRACK! Who do you think it was directed at? None other then Sarah Baxter as to say thing will be different on my best running surface- the track!

http://usa.milesplit.com/meets/119684/videos/?id=31322

Can Mary Cain turn the tables on Sarah Baxter indoors and/or outdoors?
hsrunner1111
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 4:53PM - in reply to VIPAM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I love it, whether that was her intention or not
RuKiddingME!!!
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 5:06PM - in reply to hsrunner1111 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
to Duplicate 411 or beat Sara won't be easy.....both have have leveled off, getting PRs from here on won't be easy. I hope they get to race each other....it's not rocket science to think Sara will be favored in the longer distance and Mary in the shorter distances.
runn
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 5:20PM - in reply to VIPAM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I coached a girl who was good enough at XC and track to go D1. All XC season she would say, " I can't wait for track."
You know why?
She liked track more.
She liked the 800 and 1500 more than 5K of XC.
So does Mary.
That's all that means.
POMPATUS OF LOVE
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 7:24PM - in reply to runn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
this
jakethefake
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 7:41PM - in reply to VIPAM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Unfortunately, I do not see them racing each other on the track. Cain will do the 3000 and down and Baxter will do the 3200 and up in any meet with national caliber athletes. If Baxter does nationals it will likely be in the 5k.
SMD
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 8:08PM - in reply to jakethefake Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Can unattached athletes run at the Arcadia Invite? Galen Rupp ran (and won) the two mile race there. Assuming Baxter decides to go to that meet, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world with Mt. Sac Relays around the same time.
MarySarah
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 8:20PM - in reply to hsrunner1111 Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I thought Mary's comment was saying, "Yeah xc is over now MY domination comes on the track!" That comment very well could've been directed at Sarah Baxter and if so several records will go down should the two face each other more then once outdoors.
sasquatchrunning
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 8:22PM - in reply to MarySarah Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
They are high school girls. She probably doesn't even know who Baxter is.
Walden Pond
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 8:32PM - in reply to runn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

runn wrote:

I coached a girl who was good enough at XC and track to go D1. All XC season she would say, " I can't wait for track."
You know why?
She liked track more.
She liked the 800 and 1500 more than 5K of XC.
So does Mary.
That's all that means.

You could be right. But I kind of agree with VIPAM here, who I almost never agree with. I don't think Mary said that to slight Sarah at all, though. I think she feels a little overwhelmed by her fame, and a little disappointed to come up short in such a big race. Perhaps even a little embarrassed. Like hey, "I'm supposed to be the one winning the big ones." So I think the statement was the embodiment of her personal reassurance to herself that hey, "when track comes around, you are the only one to beat."
rocky mountains
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 8:33PM - in reply to RuKiddingME!!! Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

RuKiddingME!!! wrote:

both have have leveled off

And what exactly are you basing this off?
Muddy Waters
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 8:40PM - in reply to rocky mountains Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Will she be running on any dirt tracks this spring?
cainnnnnnn
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 8:50PM - in reply to Walden Pond Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You are completely wrong. Cain and Salazar went into this meet wanting to improve upon last years finish. Cain is just happy to get out to NXN to compete. Cain said that they are looking at 10 years from now, she was very happy with a runner-up performance. Cain likes to go fast.. she said that "Run FAST" in one of her interviews. I dont think she said anything about can't wait for track in spite of Baxter. She simply has big goals in the 800 and 1500 and the track is where she'll get it done. Cain overwhelmed by her fame? Ha get real. Have you heard her talk in interviews. Doesn't sound overwhelmed ever.
thatsright
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 9:02PM - in reply to cainnnnnnn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
If you held the national HS record in the 1500 and were only a junior in high school.. don't you think you would prefer track over XC and want the opportunity to obliterate your record over and over again. If I was that good, I would.
VIPAM
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 9:03PM - in reply to cainnnnnnn Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Actually you are wrong...Salazer stated, "he wants to Mary to understand she doesn't have to win everytime, which implies Mary likes/expects to win against high school competition. Salazer does have her on a similiar plan as Rupp; however, that doesn't stop Mary from wanting to win now! GET REAL.

There is nothing wrong with Mary's comment but it was directed at Sarah and the high school track world, "cross country isn't my speciality so look out now it's over."
FastStarter
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 9:08PM - in reply to rocky mountains Reply | Return to Index | Report Post

rocky mountains wrote:

RuKiddingME!!! wrote:

both have have leveled off

And what exactly are you basing this off?

just a guess....but look at the history of HS girl runners. Jordan ran her faster FL time her freshman year. Getting better at this point will be difficult is all I am saying...running 411 again will not be easy, and for Sara running 16 flat (or 10:07 on track) at Mt Sacs again wont be easy. I hope they PR again....I am just saying history shows odds are against them. I think Sara has the better chance to PRing...just by opinion. Mary has run the more difficult PR at this point.
VISPAM
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 9:11PM - in reply to VIPAM Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
You're an idiot. mary was just saying track is her thing in general not sending messages to one individual.

VIPAM wrote:

Nothing wrong with her comment at the end of her interview. CAN'T WAIT FOR TRACK! Who do you think it was directed at? None other then Sarah Baxter as to say thing will be different on my best running surface- the track!

http://usa.milesplit.com/meets/119684/videos/?id=31322

Can Mary Cain turn the tables on Sarah Baxter indoors and/or outdoors?
MarySarah
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 9:12PM - in reply to FastStarter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
http://usa.milesplit.com/articles/96908-nxn-girls-wrap-dominate-runs-for-manlius-and-baxter

scroll down to the end of the article from this link, seems other think Mary meant the exact samething LOL
rocky mountains
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 9:14PM - in reply to FastStarter Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
Fair enough, but there is nothing to suggest that either have "leveled off."
RuKiddingMe!!!
RE: MARY CAIN'S post NXN Interview was directed at Sarah Baxter and her fans! 12/2/2012 9:23PM - in reply to rocky mountains Reply | Return to Index | Report Post
I bet you Mary doesn't break 411 this coming track season?...how about a DollaR?
Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 |